Bag/Backpack for Phantom

use the same box of your purchased phantom for protection and buy a back pack bag that will fit on it ! cheapest way ?

myvrodrocks said:
People who spend $1200 on a toy do not do ghetto. I have a $60 leather Bookbook for my iPhone.
I don't consider it ghetto at all. Been using this for about a month and it works absolutely perfect. I think it protects better than most of the other backpacks I've seen, and I can just pull out the insert and use the backpack for other purposes anytime I want. It's a great solution for me.

Attachments

• photo 1-17.JPG
    photo 1-17.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 585
  • photo 2-13.JPG
    photo 2-13.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 596
  • photo 1-13.JPG
    photo 1-13.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 625
Anybody has news about the prototype of the backpack for the VISION from DJI? I wrote to them and they answered this:

Sales HQ (DJI)

Right now we do not have the plan of this, sorry.

myvrodrocks said:
People who spend $1200 on a toy do not do ghetto. I have a $60 leather Bookbook for my iPhone.

Congrats, I want to be like you. I order off the dollar menu, and shop at Walmart regularly.

CJ31 said:
I don't consider it ghetto at all. Been using this for about a month and it works absolutely perfect. I think it protects better than most of the other backpacks I've seen, and I can just pull out the insert and use the backpack for other purposes anytime I want. It's a great solution for me.

Can you tell me what backpack that is please?

thanks

Bmews

Wangta said:
Ksc said:

That is a very tempting option...though ~$50 extra to just buy it and not have to order, cut, customize foam yourself might be worth it. With that said, the price of the GoProfessionals bag isn't all that bad ($240).

how are you getting $50 extra? I don't think you read it fully. The bag is $40 from walmart and the foam is $20 from amazon. That's $60 out the door and you cut the foam the way you want it. The goprocases bag is $180 more. Thats almost the cost of the ground station. Heck you can buy another battery and charger with the money you save.

The other big deal is that I have never seen anyone travel with a wall or car charger for their gopro. It isn't needed. The zenmuse charges your gopro. You also can't use the waterproof gopro case when its on the gimbal so having a spot for it in a backpack is a waste. Most people have one large memory card in the gopro so there isn't a need to carry two more memory cards. Basically you are paying goprocases to cut out spaces for **** you will never use or need when traveling (or in general). Why not just cut it out to what you actually need and want on and with your phantom. If you can cut a loaf of bread, you can cut the foam.

Heck I'm all for you spending the $240 and helping out the economy but I don't know why anyone would buy something they can't use. I can only supply you with the rope, you decide if you use the rope to hang yourself or use the rope to climb a mountain.

Ksc said:
Wangta said:
Ksc said:

That is a very tempting option...though ~$50 extra to just buy it and not have to order, cut, customize foam yourself might be worth it. With that said, the price of the GoProfessionals bag isn't all that bad ($240).

how are you getting $50 extra? I don't think you read it fully. The bag is $40 from walmart and the foam is $20 from amazon. That's $60 out the door and you cut the foam the way you want it. The goprocases bag is $180 more. Thats almost the cost of the ground station. Heck you can buy another battery and charger with the money you save.

The other big deal is that I have never seen anyone travel with a wall or car charger for their gopro. It isn't needed. The zenmuse charges your gopro. You also can't use the waterproof gopro case when its on the gimbal so having a spot for it in a backpack is a waste. Most people have one large memory card in the gopro so there isn't a need to carry two more memory cards. Basically you are paying goprocases to cut out spaces for **** you will never use or need when traveling (or in general). Why not just cut it out to what you actually need and want on and with your phantom. If you can cut a loaf of bread, you can cut the foam.

Heck I'm all for you spending the $240 and helping out the economy but I don't know why anyone would buy something they can't use. I can only supply you with the rope, you decide if you use the rope to hang yourself or use the rope to climb a mountain.

I did read it fully - I don't think you did. The math is simple. What the OP didn't understand is - the GoProfessional bag IS the 72 hour 5.11 Rush 72 backpack. It says it right under specifications "72 hour 5.11 Rush 72 backpack" - look for yourself:

http://www.goprocases.com/phantom2backp ... ition.aspx

The rest is simple math: The 5.11 Rush 72 backpack is $170 on their website. The foam option the OP in that thread mentioned is $20 from Amazon. So that's total $190 to get the Rush 72 backpack and foam. GoProfessionals is charging $240 for their backpack. The difference is $50 - which is the value of NOT having to cut and glue and ****. Which might be worth it to some people.

If you want to come up with a poor man's solution - then yeah, the Wall mart option is much cheaper given the bag costs $40 so you'll be saving ~$100. But if you are comparing apples to apples - the GoProfessional bag which is a Rush 72 backpack (which is a very very well reviewed backpack - check amazon: 250 reviews, all 5 stars), then the "savings" is only $50. Your logic assumes that the walmart bag is equivalent to the 5.11 Rush 72 backpack - that is personal preference and opinion and tough to verify. Its like saying a BMW is not any better than a Honda (some might think so - depends on what is important to you). Personally, from reading about 511 Rush Backpacks, it seems they put a lot of time and effort into the design - and I believe their products likely deserve a mark up of some type and are more reliable than the off the shelf walmart look a like product.

I bought this normal backpack at the mall about 8 years ago. Everything fits inside once it's zipped up.

I wouldn't put it in luggage on a plane of course, but for going to the park and being inconspicuous, as well as preserving the bank account it's great.

Attachments

• IMG_0992.JPG
    IMG_0992.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 1,311
Come to find out I have been putting all of my resoponces in the wrong place! I purchased a Tradecraft hard case with Ruc-pack backpack straps. The straps themselves are for a Pelican hard case but work well with the Tradecraft. If someone could tell me how to post pic's I would be willing to do so.

Wangta said:
Ksc said:

I did read it fully - I don't think you did. The math is simple. What the OP didn't understand is - the GoProfessional bag IS the 72 hour 5.11 Rush 72 backpack. It says it right under specifications "72 hour 5.11 Rush 72 backpack" - look for yourself:

http://www.goprocases.com/phantom2backp ... ition.aspx

The rest is simple math: The 5.11 Rush 72 backpack is $170 on their website. The foam option the OP in that thread mentioned is $20 from Amazon. So that's total $190 to get the Rush 72 backpack and foam. GoProfessionals is charging $240 for their backpack. The difference is $50 - which is the value of NOT having to cut and glue and ****. Which might be worth it to some people.

If you want to come up with a poor man's solution - then yeah, the Wall mart option is much cheaper given the bag costs $40 so you'll be saving ~$100. But if you are comparing apples to apples - the GoProfessional bag which is a Rush 72 backpack (which is a very very well reviewed backpack - check amazon: 250 reviews, all 5 stars), then the "savings" is only $50. Your logic assumes that the walmart bag is equivalent to the 5.11 Rush 72 backpack - that is personal preference and opinion and tough to verify. Its like saying a BMW is not any better than a Honda (some might think so - depends on what is important to you). Personally, from reading about 511 Rush Backpacks, it seems they put a lot of time and effort into the design - and I believe their products likely deserve a mark up of some type and are more reliable than the off the shelf walmart look a like product.

Boy you're dumb. I wrote the rcgroups posts that you are claiming I didn't fully read. But good luck with your goprocases bag. By the way, they don't use a rush 72 bag. 5.11 is not a branding company and will not sell their bags without their logo. Goprocases bought their bags from the company that makes them for fieldline. Buy the 5.11 bag and buy the goprocases bag, put them side by side and field the material, it's not the same. Then come back on here and tell me you should have listened to me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers