Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

following...

I think im just gonna put everything on eBay today. And get another. I just realized I do have $425 coming in from the sale of my standard. And if I can get another 300 for remote battery and charging cable. A win win.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Squirrel!
740 is not a FL area code. Probably a web textit number (fake and disposable). Really sorry for your loss. those 2 seconds of panic are a killer. Buy a new bird and enjoy yourself.

I am still advising that you report the theft. I have friends in SPD that run homicide and financial crimes divisions. If you get a lazy officer, I can help get the case to a detective that will work it. Especially if you have the contact info of the wind surf company. HUGE bonus for an investigation if you have video. Was it streamed to your device or all only on the sd card? Anyway... Report it is my advice. The person that stole it might not be selling it on CL or whatever. Maybe he just got himself a spare bird to go do illegal stuff with. With YOUR FAA registration number on it. You really should report it stolen just to protect yourself. I imagine there should be a way to let the FAA know that that bird with YOUR number is in the hands of a thief so anything that may happen with that bird going forward should NOT point back to you. Like, what if the dude flies into a crowd of people downtown or something? Right now, it's coming back on you if that bird has your registration number on it.

I am still advising that you report the theft. I have friends in SPD that run homicide and financial crimes divisions. If you get a lazy officer, I can help get the case to a detective that will work it. Especially if you have the contact info of the wind surf company. HUGE bonus for an investigation if you have video. Was it streamed to your device or all only on the sd card? Anyway... Report it is my advice. The person that stole it might not be selling it on CL or whatever. Maybe he just got himself a spare bird to go do illegal stuff with. With YOUR FAA registration number on it. You really should report it stolen just to protect yourself. I imagine there should be a way to let the FAA know that that bird with YOUR number is in the hands of a thief so anything that may happen with that bird going forward should NOT point back to you. Like, what if the dude flies into a crowd of people downtown or something? Right now, it's coming back on you if that bird has your registration number on it.
I have video of it in tree. But from perspective of drone. And video of me filming there. I feel
Like it's all my fault as I panicked. Should have had plan in my head all along. I will post a couple of videos that did stream to device. All others were on sd card.

Tim in fla where was the tree it was in ,i was there later part of the day maybe 5 5:30.as we pulled in from the circle on to beach area thier was a Hispanic guy looking up in the tree ,but the tree he was looking at was not on beach line kinda of in the middle

Here is the video below of me at beach. If anyone wants to see. Next is 11sec clip of me in tree.
SkyPixel

Tim. There was Hispanic guy I was talking to when I left to get friend. He told me to get rope and throw up there. It was in middle. Look at video and tell me what you think nots the tree during first landing. It was not as close as it looks on the video. Maybe 10feet away from it.

Ok. I will file report once I get my faa number when I get home.

That was you tony i seen i drove rite by you in the blue honda odyssey mini van wish i would of known i for sure would of helped you get your bird out of the tree trap

Reactions: Squirrel!
mrcrane where due you live

I had one charged battery left i was thinking about burning it there ,but it looked to congestive and to windy .already lost one standard didn't wanna lose another one.hope you get it back

Tony,

What time frame are we talking about here? When did this all occur. You mentioned you left and came back with your friend to get it. When was that?

I remember seeing a Honda van drive past.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl