Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

just remember next time you go out by sky way call that way if something happens we can figure it out

Tony,

What time frame are we talking about here? When did this all occur. You mentioned you left and came back with your friend to get it. When was that?
Glad to meet you Skygear. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Too all that helped me on this my thanks goes out to all of you. The surfer dude. Just called and has my bird. Even told me about damage. As I said. I would wait and give person time to return. And they did. My faith in people is strong. And I did not let me down again. I will bring the reward but no mention fellow members name unless they want me to. Thanks to all. I will pick my bird up this afternoon.

yes I thought he would think about it plus he was realizing that we are on his case get it up and going so we can go fly and ck out those goggles

Too all that helped me on this my thanks goes out to all of you. The surfer dude. Just called and has my bird. Even told me about damage. As I said. I would wait and give person time to return. And they did. My faith in people is strong. And I did not let me down again. I will bring the reward but no mention fellow members name unless they want me to. Thanks to all. I will pick my bird up this afternoon.

That is awesome!!!! I am so glad for you that you got it back!

Reactions: Squirrel!
Didn't get it yet. He told me about the damage to bird. That's why I did not want to rush to get police involved. He will help me fix. I will order parts of I can find this afternoon. I hope.

as long as camera and gimbal aren't hurt should not be to bad

after tony gets it going all people around tampa and st pete lets get together for a day of flying to celebrate tonys bird

Reactions: Squirrel!
we all can meet at skyway we will just have to pick time and day to due it

Better news so far Tony. Hoping it continues. Sounds like some peer pressure and your determination carried the day.

That location sounds like a great spot to launch and who knows, you may have made some more friends there.

I found the bird. Being a fellow pilot, when I saw how it was perched, I told the guys I 'could' get my climbing gear. Had to leave and after traveling back and forth over the bridge a few times over the night. I decided to check on it again around midnight. Knowing the shenanegans and travelers that frequent the area, I thought it best for someone to keep an eye out and spread the word to some of the local night people just in case.

After being sketched out by the tree and branch location, I decided to use my throw line to try and get the lower branch about 10' below the P3P. Wind was horrible with gusts upward of 50mph according to my Kestrel. Eventually I called it quits after 30min or so of trying to recover. Wind started swirling after I had packed up and was ready to go.

Started the engine and sure enough, I saw it tumble in my headlights hitting another branch on the way down breaking the fall slightly, then hitting the ground.

Damage is as follows
New Shell - $60
New Prop set - $6
LED Light diffuser cover -$?
LED Strip - $? (could resolder)

So, no malice was intended, wanted to HELP a fellow pilot out. After reviewing the footage and knowing the board, I tracked down Tony.

We Will be meeting up Johns Pass 2pm and he will be getting it back.

I travel a lot and end up doing more recoveries than any of you can imagine. Cliff faces out west are notorious for collecting drones. 2 in one day on the same stretch due to wind is our record.

Cool where were you in February when my standard went rogue
We can always revisit the lost location and look at the logs. I keep a few handheld GPS devices, range finders, Anemometers, barometers and other useful measuring devices to help project flight paths of rouge drones.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20