Bad bad bad day (recovered bird)

its a bad number find listing try and send email

Ok will give it a go. I'm almost home. I can't tell you the beautiful footage I took too.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I dialed the number. But it's no good.

Google said that is a landline in Logan Ohio. Cell numbers can be anywhere of course, but landlines don't move to other states as far as I know.

7403851685.JPG

Last edited:
thought it would of been to windy to fly today

I just sent seller a email off craigslist see if I get a response I seen number wasn't local but a lot of people move here and don't change there number or they are snowbirds

Reactions: Tony Cowan
I assume it was registered and you know the serial number... Have you made a police report? If you can get this guy to meet you its in the bag and him in cuffs.

Reactions: MikeK
I just sent seller a email off craigslist see if I get a response I seen number wasn't local but a lot of people move here and don't change there number or they are snowbirds
Thanks Paul. I appreciate the help.

Assuming that's the right guy, is it not odd that he's not including the battery too? Unless it came out in the crash and no one could find it, I don't know why he would try to sell the quad without it. And if the crash was bad enough to dislodge the battery, I feel like the Phantom would look a whole lot worse than it does in those pictures. Just playing devil's advocate to make sure you have the right guy before calling the police.

Yes registered and yes. I know the serial number. I'm not thinking this is same guy. I'm just saying I will gladly replace for $300. No report yet. Honestly. I don't know what to tell he police.

Reactions: Numone
Yes registered and yes. I know the serial number. I'm not thinking this is same guy. I'm just saying I will gladly replace for $300. No report yet. Honestly. I don't know what to tell he police.

Officer: i left me drone in that tree. I went home.to get a ladder. I came back and it was gone. The surfers saw who took it but they will not disclose to me.

this sucks call police tell them about windsurfer guys and give them the number of place they work at since they know who took it

Reactions: Tim in Florida
maybe we need to form Pinellas county lynch mob and go get it from those people

Call the cops. That is what they are for. They can talk to the other surfers.

So sorry to hear that Tony. But I agree with some others that if you know the # and have the receipt then I would attempt to contact the police. They probably could squeeze the surfer group a little to find out the truth. I don't know the laws and would guess it would be on public property but still I would think it is theft.

But it is neat to see all the support/help from the forum. I think that is great. Hoping you get it back and it isn't damaged bad.

Reactions: Midwestquads
Depend on where you live. Few yr back my car was broken into and radio stolen, window broken etc. police wouldn't even come to filed a report. They just do it over the phone S

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sorry for your loss Tony. Hopefully you can get it back. Try contacting the CL seller for more closeup pics to try and get the serial number of the bird.

I went flying ft desoto park yesterday and we stopped by there on the way home lots of wind surfers there sux you lost your bird

The smart thing that the kid could have done is offered to go home and get his climbing gear and get it down for you for $100. That would be a win win for all.

I am working based off of a lot assumption, but was your drone registered? If it was I'm assuming you had your license number on it. Was that number located in a concealed area on the drone? It is possible that he didn't see the marking and/or couldn't get it it off. I would recommend you include that number and it's location if you do file a report.

Reactions: Midwestquads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4