Avoiding mandatory FW updates

Reaction score
Would it be possible to go completely "off the grid" and avoid future firmware updates by turning off auto update and keeping your device in airplane mode for the rest of time? I'm ok with geofencing as it stands right now, but I don't like the way things are going... (And let's not turn this into a crazy conspiracy thread, just a technical discussion)

Would it be possible to go completely "off the grid" and avoid future firmware updates by turning off auto update and keeping your device in airplane mode for the rest of time? I'm ok with geofencing as it stands right now, but I don't like the way things are going... (And let's not turn this into a crazy conspiracy thread, just a technical discussion)

That isn't what you told me. Now suffer. That inferior product looks better all the time. yes and it flies perfectly. Now who's paranoid?

Last edited:
That isn't what you told me. Now suffer.
Dude! I appreciate different opinions! I enjoy learning about everything! I don't plan on doing this myself, so just chill! I feel like you're tearing me apart for wanting to explore and learn!

The answer is yes. I'm still on 1.1.9 or thereabouts. Nothing is mandatory if you're off the grid.

Be cautious about flying with out of date firmware if you want warranty service in the future. I remember seeing stories on here about people having issues where they were charged because they were flying old firmware

Mine wouldn't allow me to take off because of firm and software. My device was blinking red with that message.

I upgraded it all and flew today with no problem. no distancea nd altitude limits (set in software). before it held me at 90 feet each way.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl