Arrested today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Total bummer. Hope this all turns out well for you. Wish the videos were still public, but I understanding making them private. Not all people realize that videos they post on YouTube can be used as evidence in court. Same goes for posting to forums, if they can prove the connection... :-o But of course that's only relevant if there are incriminating scenes in the video. And I know the FAA does watch YouTube postings in the US, as well.

I have seen postings of flying in snow and Litchi flights over built up areas in Southern England (Bexley). These have been removed. The person who posted these is an idiot and is causing problems for all responsible drone users. He posts as a responsible drone flyer but is dangerous. He should be reported to the Police.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I have seen postings of flying in snow and Litchi flights over built up areas in Southern England (Bexley). These have been removed. The person who posted these is an idiot and is causing problems for all responsible drone users. He posts as a responsible drone flyer but is dangerous. He should be reported to the Police.
What's wrong with flying in snow?

I only replied to your post because Bexley is where I grew up before moving to Colorado US :D

I only replied to your post because Bexley is where I grew up before moving to Colorado US :D
I think he means flying while it is snowing and, at the time, over populated areas. Snow is water, water in the drone increases chances of crashing.

I think he means flying while it is snowing and, at the time, over populated areas. Snow is water, water in the drone increases chances of crashing.
Lots of people fly in snow and light rain, who cares if they destroy their drone because of it? Snow is irrelevant to other rules.

Reactions: Suspended Moments

Lucky sod. I live in lewisham in london. Wish I was you lol. I went snowboarding in Colorado over 15 years ago. Beautiful place [emoji4]

Neon Euc

Reactions: Squirrel!
Lots of people fly in snow and light rain, who cares if they destroy their drone because of it? Snow is irrelevant to other rules.
The person mentioned flying over populated areas during this. You mentioned that snow can damage a Phantom, so what. What happens when a Phantom is affected by water when it's 100' above a group of people?

The person mentioned flying over populated areas during this. You mentioned that snow can damage a Phantom, so what.

This is what he wrote.
I have seen postings of flying in snow and Litchi flights over built up areas in Southern England (Bexley).

This is what I wrote:

What happens when a Phantom is affected by water when it's 100' above a group of people?
It may crash but.. where did anyone in the last few posts mention a group of people? Really, why did you interject that.

This is what he wrote.
I have seen postings of flying in snow and Litchi flights over built up areas in Southern England (Bexley).

This is what I wrote:

It may crash but.. where did anyone in the last few posts mention a group of people? Really, why did you interject that.

Bolded in this post. I simply gave my opinion on what I thought the person meant in their post.

Bolded in this post. I simply gave my opinion on what I thought the person meant in their post.

P3/P4 is surprisingly heavy. If it fell from 200 to 40 feet it would do a lot of damage. I do not know if anyone has carried out an experiment by dropping one from these heights onto a crash dummy or car. It would be interesting to see the results.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

If you were formally charged, you would have paperwork with specific charges.Didntnyoubasknfornyour solicitor/attorney?

I was going to suggest this earlier, but considering the drone laws are basically "fly over your own grass field or don't fly at all" I would highly recommend for anyone sharing videos to use a VPN and do all account opening/logging in/uploads through it. Of course if you're making tutorials or your face is in the video, don't bother.

I can't view any of your videos as it says they are PRIVATE. Did you want us to see them?

Bud

Warning to all - (I have had a really bad day please don't give me any grief about this I just want to help/warn others).

I had the Police turn up at my house today with a search warrant. They took my drone, my phone, my pc and and memory cards + usb sticks they could find.

They took me to the police station and have interviewed me for just under 2 hours and have various avation charges against me because someone has made a complaint about my youtube videos.

I have been released on bail and will be going back 15th February. I know there are lots of videos on youtube not to dis-similar to mine and they are really trying to push everything they can at me.

You can view my channel here which contains the videos in question.
Aerial Videos with DJI Phantom 3 Standard - YouTube

I didn't intend to get in any trouble or cause any harm to anyone with my flying. I just love flying my drone and love the aerial photography. I just intend to warn people to be quite vigilant and I don't want anyone to be experiencing.

This is too sketchy to be believable. More "fake news" in my opinion. Absolutely zero details. Guy just wants/wanted hits on his you tube channel. I won't even attempt to view as I don't want to encourage him further. And even IF this is real, the cops wouldn't take everything he claimed and only questioned him for 2 hours and then release him. It's just a hoax to get people to view/provide 'hits' to his channel, nothing more.

Reactions: MrMedic
This is too sketchy to be believable. More "fake news" in my opinion. Absolutely zero details. Guy just wants/wanted hits on his you tube channel. I won't even attempt to view as I don't want to encourage him further. And even IF this is real, the cops wouldn't take everything he claimed and only questioned him for 2 hours and then release him. It's just a hoax to get people to view/provide 'hits' to his channel, nothing more.

For one, he's made the videos private so there's not much to look at.

Second, you say the cops wouldn't question him for two hours or take the data storage devices. I really don't see why not, if they're doing an investigation. There's no reason to hold him at the station, but questioning him makes sense.

There was this other Youtuber from the UK who posted the email from the police where they are nicely asking him not to drone over populated areas (someone reported his videos). It looks like they stepped up (or a different police officer decided to handle this case differently).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart