Anybody use a hoodman?

S

sandman259

Has anybody tried one of these or have one? I've used the other types of sunshades and really not impressed. Didn't do much. As these much better?
1741df083cd75447bd8a4f08a1a63ce7.jpg

Haven't used this one, but it seems that no matter what sunshade you use, you'll need an anti-glare screen protector as well. On my iPad and my Nvidia Shield, the only way either work are when I have the anti-glare on as well. Even if you shade the screen, your reflection will still show on the screen without it.

Ya when I used the dji one it seem to make no difference. I still couldn't see anything

I put a cheap anti-glare screen film on before without a sunshade. While it did reduce the glare it dimmed my iPad mini 2 down so much it made it pointless. Maybe a combo of them both would help

This one may work better since it has 2 parts and covers all 4 sides, rather than just 3 like most. I found the best combo with my Nvidia is the ant-glare and a deep sun shade. Will probably work well for the iPad I would think.

Guzz- Your anti glare cover, was it made for the Shield?
I went to store I purchased my Nividia from & the guy told me -They don't make a Shield anti-glare screen cover & showed me some anti-glare material you cut to size yourself, which could work I guess, eh?
And, your cover? what type/name?
Thanks for info
R

Do they make a anti-glare screen cover that doesn't darken your screen? Seems all are Matt finish which dims the screen which kind of defeats the purpose

Guzz- Your anti glare cover, was it made for the Shield?
I went to store I purchased my Nividia from & the guy told me -They don't make a Shield anti-glare screen cover & showed me some anti-glare material you cut to size yourself, which could work I guess, eh?
And, your cover? what type/name?
Thanks for info
R

I bought this one. Copy and paste it as a search within Amazon:

Mr Shield For NVIDIA Shield Tablet / Tablet K1 Anti-Glare Screen Protector [3-PACK] with Lifetime Replacement Warranty

I'm glad to hear that Mr. Shield helps. I bought one but never installed it because it looks like it's just as shiny as my screen.

I have a hoodman aviator and the top extension piece. It's seals around your eyes, when look into it, and works great.
Also have their controller belt and clip.
Best thing I ever got. Hands free, with no neck strap. Love them both.

Ya when I used the dji one it seem to make no difference. I still couldn't see anything

I use the Hoodman.
If you use both pieces...the piece you linked and the top extension it blocks out ALL light and works perfect.
However, I have found a good anti glare screen and just the piece you linked work good enough for 85% of my flying. For the other 15% I add the top piece.

Someone released a knock off of the hoodman...its much less expensive. I know there was a thread here about it and I believe its sold on Amazon.

I made a sheetmetal hood for my Nexus 7 and then tried to replicate it in plastic pieces encased in fabric with velcro to make a rigid yet foldable hood. My Nexus 7 sustained catastrophic damage and I replaced it with the Nvidia Shield tablet. I gave up on my fabric hood and bought the Hoodman (both pieces). I couldn't be happier with it. It makes a world of difference, even in the brightest, glariest, of conditions. You can see it in my last 2 videos posted in the forums (Deer Lake Dam and Wetmore Pond). Though a bit pricey, I have to agree that it was worth the price.

I bought a Hoodman and extension for my iPad Air 2 and it absolutely works. The only drawback is if you need to do a lot of adjustments, such as changing settings on the camera, it is a little annoying getting through the access port. Also, definitely get a harness of some kind to support the controller. I have a DJI branded shoulder harness that does the job.

I use the Hoodman belt and mount for the DJI.
Totally hands free, no neck strap. Best product I have for my drone

I have a hood man.. Works fantastic. No light or glare whatsoever.. Highly recommend to all drone Pilots.

Reactions: Kevinathome

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl