Any takers on the latest update of DJI GO App

Both iOS and Android.

From the DJI site...

DJI GO App
iOS Version v2.4.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
what is your ama number?
mine is .182 Contest Director

Seems to work really well on a Droid Turbo, although I will say the battery life is significantly impacted if the app is left running after a flight.

I did fly today using 2.4.1 version of DJI Go on my Ipad Mini 4, with no problems. Also I've tried FPV Camera for the first time. And that worked fine too.

Since the update I haven't been able to use my Samsung Galaxy S3 anymore. The app won't open up. I immediately get unfortunately DJI go has stopped. I have to use my Galaxy Tab 3 Lite now which sucks because I have a hard time seeing a clear map with it so I can't really see an accurate home point.

I've updated today DJI Go 2.4.1 , on android, and Samsung Tab S 8.4.
Flying perfect and absolutely no issues

It really perplexes me that there is not some sort of DJI Marketing or PR Person to roll out new releases…to include explanations, point out upgrades and/or fixes, etc. Does DJI just expect the veteran pilots here to blindly buy it and give it a go and then upload a review for the rest of us? Hec, I may have just created a job for someone.

It really perplexes me that there is not some sort of DJI Marketing or PR Person to roll out new releases…to include explanations, point out upgrades and/or fixes, etc. Does DJI just expect the veteran pilots here to blindly buy it and give it a go and then upload a review for the rest of us? Hec, I may have just created a job for someone.
Just not in their business plans I suppose-- we did have a DJI Tester on this forum until he got hacked off with all the BS and negative comments and left the forum. A shame, because he forwarded some very useful information.

Reactions: dirkclod
Just not in their business plans I suppose-- we did have a DJI Tester on this forum until he got hacked off with all the BS and negative comments and left the forum. A shame, because he forwarded some very useful information.

I'm a dji product tester. We just finished the next firmware release. I'm now testing something that once released that group of users will say...."It's About Time!".

Anyway, I don't talk about the testing because we had to sign NDA's prior to the projects.

Reactions: Jbundy63
There are likely several other DJI beta people here. Myself included. There are very few "features" that are attached to each successive update. And none of them are huge. Are you wanting a video of someone reading the 4 lines of updates that were posted when the update came out? When the autonomous flight goodies released they did do videos. Their overly smiley goofball did quite a few of them (cant stand they guy!).

If you are talking about who I think you are they left due to a few things but the straw that broke the camels back was beta testers leaking info to the forum. So it is in the best interest of everyone to don't ask, and don't tell.

Ok.. probably a dumb question... does it update automatically? Is there a step by step update procedure?.. thanks for not laughing at me
It depends if your device is iPhone or Android? and you have it set to auto update the apps? Then yes, if not you will have to manually update through your device. When you open your Go app if should prompt you that an update is available or not.

Reactions: Suspended Moments
It depends if your device is iPhone or Android? and you have it set to auto update the apps? Then yes, if not you will have to manually update through your device. When you open your Go app if should prompt you that an update is available or not.
Thanks, I use the iPad Mini 2, Ok.. it didn't prompt me, sooooo.. I guess it auto updated. Thanks!

The default of iDevices is to auto update as they become available. It can be turned on or off.
If you like it set to automatic just enjoy as you will not need to do anything else. ;)

Reactions: Suspended Moments
Update working perfectly in iPad Air, Mini 4, and iPhone 6.

Sent from my PT beating heart

If you are talking about who I think you are they left due to a few things but the straw that broke the camels back was beta testers leaking info to the forum. So it is in the best interest of everyone to don't ask, and don't tell.

My memory is not always spot on, but I remember it as a few dji employee's moved on because the admin would not support them and remove subject matter they wanted removed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl