Any takers on the latest update of DJI GO App

Again I ask...has anyone used the path drawing (waypoint?) function that has appeared in the Map view in 2.4.1? Can you now draw a route on the map and have the P3 fly it?
You could always draw on the map. But never have notices taht it was usable in a waypoint mission.

Again I ask...has anyone used the path drawing (waypoint?) function that has appeared in the Map view in 2.4.1? Can you now draw a route on the map and have the P3 fly it?
Confirmed.. you can not draw a way point mission. You could always draw "guidelines" on the map. What you are seeing is nothing new. You have never been able to, and likely wont, draw a waypoint mission within the GO app. There are 3rd party apps that do this very well though.

Confirmed.. you can not draw a way point mission. You could always draw "guidelines" on the map. ...
Thanks, I guess I haven't used the map view enough to notice :oops: I just purchased one of those other new apps that allow drawing a "PATH" and flying it. Very cool app with attentive and responsive developers behind it.

Reactions: III% Streve
Drawing that blue line onto your map, isn't for setting waypoints to fly.
It's only basically a reference to show you an area that you wish to fly when you are at that location. Waypoints must be mapped out, while flying in the actual air space. Not virtually.
With the Go app, you must physically fly the way points first to set them. It don't happen magically. Other apps apparently do. ;-)

RedHotPoker

You tell us. Kinda silly waiting when its obviously ok

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I am seeing many threads with angry people, so its not so obviously okay based on that. Maybe being new I am misunderstanding their anger. Let's say I do decide to wait, what would I be waiting for? What are they all saying to wait for? Is something better coming soon?

Every update happens to bring something. Some good, some bad. good in additional functionality, some bad by additional restrictions. The actual limitations arent really bad unless youre the type that cant fly by the rules. There was early hype that every update was broke, so everyone should stop updating. In reality, there were very few that had issues. But those few talk a lot! Those of without issues are flying, not talking it up. And when we DID talk it up we got chastised for it. Whats to wait for? Nothing! All updates are sequential. Its not like you only have so many chances to get the optimum bang for the buck.

Reactions: JoBe
I am seeing many threads with angry people, so its not so obviously okay based on that. Maybe being new I am misunderstanding their anger. Let's say I do decide to wait, what would I be waiting for? What are they all saying to wait for? Is something better coming soon?
You need to read forums with a grain of salt.
There is always a bias toward people with problems but that doesn't mean most owners have problems - just that most people with problems come and post about it.
Then you have to learn to filter the problem posts to see which are caused by misunderstandings, operator error or misconfigured tablets (quite a lot).
Think of a forum as partly a doctors waiting room .. the healthy people are all outside having fun.
If you only focus on the problem posts you get a very distorted idea of Phantom flying.

You need to read forums with a grain of salt.
There is always a bias toward people with problems but that doesn't mean most owners have problems - just that most people with problems come and post about it.
Then you have to learn to filter the problem posts to see which are caused by misunderstandings, operator error or misconfigured tablets (quite a lot).
Think of a forum as partly a doctors waiting room .. the healthy people are all outside having fun.
If you only focus on the problem posts you get a very distorted idea of Phantom flying.
A doctors waiting room is a great analogy.

JoBe... from my stand point it is not anger, but total frustration. When you are flying with total confidence 100's of flights out a mile from early June until the release of IOS 9x and DJI GO and everything works perfect, it is fun. Bring on the release of IOS 9x and DJI GO and the FPV video flickers, blanks out parts of the screen and the screen goes black and compass errros, flying is NO fun.

Then the frustration starts. You call Apple and the problem is DJI. You call DJI and the problem is Apple. I had a P3P and at that time a dedicated to DJI Mini 2 with no other apps on it. Everything was as clean and updated as possible, yet after the update it all went south.

After losing out on a beautifully fall to fly and now putting it away, I ended with a Mini 4 and all of the newer updates and it seems to be flying pretty good (some compass errors that I never had before) and 2 FPV problems out of about 6 20 minute flights. I have NOT UPDATED to 2.4.1.

So, JoBe the reason to wait is to let Mickey try it first. If you don't have any problems, what is the rush to update? I played the role of Mickey once and I will never do it again.

P.S. Don't listen to those on the BB who are constantly saying that everything is honky dory, all problems are operator error or you are the only one with the problem. There are a ton of problems and inconsistencies out there and most are related to an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
JoBe... from my stand point it is not anger, but total frustration. When you are flying with total confidence 100's of flights out a mile from early June until the release of IOS 9x and DJI GO and everything works perfect, it is fun. Bring on the release of IOS 9x and DJI GO and the FPV video flickers, blanks out parts of the screen and the screen goes black and compass errros, flying is NO fun.

Then the frustration starts. You call Apple and the problem is DJI. You call DJI and the problem is Apple. Then the real frustration starts when you look to the BB and others for suggestions and you get the BS from 111% Streve and Redhotpoker that there is no problems. It is operator error, no one else has the problem... you must be stupid, you did not do this or that.

Those two have no idea what they are talking about (I think they both work for DJI). I had a P3P and at that time a dedicated to DJI Mini 2 with no other apps on it. Everything was as clean and updated as possible, yet after the update it all went south.

After losing out on a beautifully fall to fly and now putting it away, I ended with a Mini 4 and all of the newer updates and it seems to be flying pretty good (some compass errors that I never had before) and 2 FPV problems out of about 6 20 minute flights. I have NOT UPDATED to 2.4.1.

So, JoBe the reason to wait is to let Mickey try it first. If you don't have any problems, what is the rush to update? I played the role of Mickey once and I will never do it again.

P.S. Don't listen to those on the BB who are constantly saying that everything is honky dory, all problems are operator error or you are the only one with the problem. There are a ton of problems and inconsistencies out there and most are related to an update.

As Meta pointed out, there are always going to be some that swear the world is ending. Some will always complain, even when there is nothing to complain about. And some will ask questions, and grow in the hobby. The reality is that, unfortunately, there is always someone complaining. And that complaining drowns out the silence of those that are happy. Its all over society... gimmy gimmy gimmy. while those that earn what they have are out earning it. You will never find a post anywhere that I or @RedHotPoker said that there are absolutely no problems. But you WILL find dozens of posts where we try to help people to only be blindsided by little pricks that are beyond help. some of spend hours a day helping people. Helping because we can! Not at all because we need to. Helping because its good to get another person in the air! Do we get hot headed at times?? **** strait we do!! Thank god there is an IGNORE button! Instantly their BS goes in the garbage and the people worth my effort have a chance to be heard.

So.. Update, or don't. In the ends, its YOUR bird! Is it likely you will have issues? Absolutely!! You don't REALLY know what your doing because your new. Issues, mistakes, and accidents are going to happen. Its what YOU decide to do with the help present that defines you and your flying future!

Reactions: JoBe
C'mon guys, you would think there was full moon or something.
The next post I have to delete will come with warning points.
policeman-smiley-emoticon.gif
Keep it friendly and on topic!

Reactions: dirkclod
They can do what they want. I don't agree with handling things the way it went down, but it's not my call, as I'm not a moderator here, lol. I'm guessing I never would be, nor would want to. It's just one of a few resources I choose to follow. It's either shrug your shoulders and hang, or leave don't let the propeller hit you in the butt when you do so. Really that simple.

Back on topic, I'm gonna have a flight in an hour or so and I'll pop back in to report if things are still going well with the app and all. I really just don't want to be paranoid about it. Be back soon.

Are we talking about the app now ? Mine's fine :)
View attachment 36286
Yea boy-- I haven flown since Ipad upgrades and app upgrades-- went out today and everything great-- Booted er up-- took off flew--- five batteries later-- not one hiccup. Tried out the FPV Mission Planner-- software is coming on strong.:D:D

is this app ios or android?
Both iOS and Android.

From the DJI site...

DJI GO App
iOS Version v2.4.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.

Both iOS and Android.

From the DJI site...

DJI GO App
iOS Version v2.4.1. Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Android Version v2.4.1. Requires Android 4.1.2 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
*Support for additional Android devices available as testing and development continues.
thx.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik