All I want to do is fly :(

Yeah I have my threshold settings set to just over the max I would fly. I also. Change my wind level to different height's to what I'll be flying that day.

coming from mars

Lol....... I can't believe so many people rely on an app instead of just going outside and flying.
I don't I just downloaded it when I saw this thread. Personally I wouldn't rely on this because its already telling me not to fly when I would fly all day in this. Besides I check weather.com for weather and wind info before I go out and fly so this is kind of useless to me.

Everything in the app is settable. It's just a visual guide for YOU to set YOUR flying threshold. So at a glance YOU know YOUR settings say good to fly or not good to fly. Also I believe to access all of the setting you have to pay for the privilege. I give it 5 stars.
Read around if your not sure about settings or good and bad flying conditions. A little common sense goes a long way.
Safe flying for all

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Everything in the app is settable. It's just a visual guide for YOU to set YOUR flying threshold. So at a glance YOU know YOUR settings say good to fly or not good to fly. Also I believe to access all of the setting you have to pay for the privilege. I give it 5 stars.
Read around if your not sure about settings or good and bad flying conditions. A little common sense goes a long way.
Safe flying for all

I tried the settings and it didn't work. If I have to pay to set the minimum amount of sats it requires for a good or not good day to fly then meh not worth it to me.

Exactly. I set my wind height around 390 ft. Set sats at 7 min. It's a cheap way to know at a glance whether I should or shouldn't. It's all still up to me. I usually stick to my no fly threshold.

Enjoy. Fly safe.

I don't understand why the app doesn't provide air temp.

I like www.uavforecast on my desktop but am not impressed with the app version. On my desktop I can get air temp and I can get winds at 400'. I combine this info with what I can learn on www.windytv.com (thank you TJ) and make my decision on whether or not to fly.

Windchill doesn't have anything to do with the drone. It's only relevant to exposed flesh. Ambient temperature is all that matters to such machines. If the ambient temperature is 1 degree C and the wind-chill is minus 10, you're good to go. But wear gloves and a nice warm jacket.

Last edited:
If it's not raining, I'm flying. The phantom (4 - not sure about others) handles exceptionally well in the wind. Just don't shoot out far downwind, otherwise you'll be crawling back and pooping yourself wondering if you'll actually make it :)

NJFPV - Tapatalk

85a1af6254d2a30bb90c15f5ba2761ee.png

What do u guys think? I don't get too many opportunities nowadays..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what is the temperature setting you have, it said the current temperature is below your threshold.

what is the temperature setting you have, it said the current temperature is below your threshold.

41F I never had to worry about it because I've only been flying since July

There are settings in the app that you can change to suit your bird (satellite numbers/ wind speed at varying heights etc), like all forecasts, it's not 100%, but it's pretty **** good, the best I've seen, and goodness knows we in Ireland don't have a climate, we have weather. If you go to the coat-rack to get your jacket because it's raining outside, by the time you put it on, it'll be sunny.

Hmm. You're north of Woodman and Academy. Isn't that a no fly zone? I used to live in the Springs.;)

Haha I was HTF did he know that!!
Yeah the air force academy no fly zone is really close. Not quite though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka