Aircraft flew into ground

Update on warranty claim.

DJI sent invoice for repairing aircraft. Denied warranty claim based on flight record from another aircraft I was flying last September.
I don't know what to expect. I filled out all forms and listed all info. Technician failed to read the info.

I tried contacting DJI online. The wait was 20 people ahead in que. I waited and the number waiting increased to 54. I emailed DJI.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I would go over to DJI forums and request help. Include the phantomhelp log link and your case number in the message. They should be able to give you a better explanation and possibly get it covered.

Reactions: Jeff watson
Update on warranty claim.

DJI sent invoice for repairing aircraft. Denied warranty claim based on flight record from another aircraft I was flying last September.
I don't know what to expect. I filled out all forms and listed all info. Technician failed to read the info.

I tried contacting DJI online. The wait was 20 people ahead in que. I waited and the number waiting increased to 54. I emailed DJI.

Why/how are they basing their assement on a flight log for another AC?

I have had 2 drones. The flights were synced to iTunes from my email address. Instead of taking the txt file, which was the last one in chronological order, they dug way back in the files to one from last year. I don't think they even read the description of the incident.

I have had 2 drones. The flights were synced to iTunes from my email address. Instead of taking the txt file, which was the last one in chronological order, they dug way back in the files to one from last year. I don't think they even read the description of the incident.

I'm wondering if they are denying the warranty because they see there may have been a crash on this drone earlier when you got it.

It's a new drone. I filled out their paperwork when I sent in the AC. A copy of the receipt for AC was sent. I gave them a description of the crash and the name of the corresponding txt file. I told them I had a brand new DJI Props and excluded the receipt. They did not read any of it, before making a decision based on a file from an old aircraft

Post on DJI.com forums. You should have better luck there! DJI reps will respond and help get you straightened out.

@withthebirds... I sent a second email to DJI Support this morning. I told them the technician who accessed the crash had picked a txt file from a crash I had last year. I again gave them th name of the txt file they need to examine. I have not heard back from DJI. If they don't respond tomorrow, I will follow Nickkle05's suggestion. Either way, I'll keep you posted of the results.

DJI has the AC so I don't understand why they aren't just looking at the flight log, it will be significantly more revealing than the log from the GO app.

Last Thursday is when they used the wrong data to say warranty denied. Now it's Wed., still no word from DJI. It appears they have dropped the ball.

Rules prop loss out then....

Not necessarily. If one blade was cracked and a significant piece of it flew off, it could cause the kind of out of control spiral described. Not very likely that a blade could break and the compass error happen at the same time though! Very unlikely but I'm just throwing it out there.

Not necessarily. If one blade was cracked and a significant piece of it flew off, it could cause the kind of out of control spiral described. Not very likely that a blade could break and the compass error happen at the same time though! Very unlikely but I'm just throwing it out there.
The compass error will log almost immediately after a lost/broken prop- it is simply the AC yaw speed exceeding expected limits as set in the flight controller software. In this case the log file uploaded by the OP also shows motor speed errors coinciding with the compass errors. This is suggestive of a lost/broken prop or other propulsion system issues.

I just copied all correspondences with DJI Support and wrote a letter outlining date of purchase, date of crash, description of crash, to make the instructions idiot proof. I asked them for an update of repair status. Let's see what happens.

@ with the birds... I had used a brand new set of DJI carbon fiber props for this flight. They went on nice and tight, they visibly looked good. I took off and let aircraft hover a few minutes in front of me, then maneuvered aircraft a little and noticed props working normal, before flying down runway. I gained a little altitude and started a return path. Halfway back aircraft dropped to crash. Total flight time was probably 5 minutes. I found prices of prop at crash site. Question is: what happened 4 minutes after takeoff to cause crash? AC flew fine down runway. Turned good. Got Weak GPS signal warning, then compass error, then aircraft fell from sky. I just remember getting a compass error at the end of the flight before this one.

One more note. AC hovered while throttling controls. Then got weak signal, compass error and crash. 2 props were not broken and still on AC, 1 hub on, blades broken and one prop off not broken. All in the same area of crash.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl