I also just took it out for a test flight and was able to get more distance then I have yet here in my suburb. I never could get over 1600ft without losing signal and RTH happening. I just got 2k before it happened.

Hi, new to the forum. Im having teh same problem, can you provide a link so I can download 1.5.7 FW?

Thank you!

Reactions: BaDvs3viL
I had the same problem with my upgrade of no distance. I went into advanced settings found my distance had defaulted back to zero change distance to 300 meters works fine.

Well it worked for me in terms of video, Its much more stable and responsive, sadly the distance problem remains the same, im stuck at 50-55m of altitude, and about 200m distance wise. I just got it 3 days ago so I bet I need to figure some settigns out.

Also I just bought the Argteck range extender so I hope that helps.

Thanks and Ill be posting my results of the Argtek as soon as I get it and install it.

*(sorry for my english but im not from the states.)

Cheers!

Reactions: Andy Roberts
Just want to share my findings:
(I haven't downgraded though)
I have the following distances with these firmwares (CE mode, no interference)
FW: 1.5.7: dist. 1,3 km (@250m alt.) lost video at that point. RTH. With this FW video did not reconnect on the way home.

FW: 1.6.8: dist: 0,9 km (@250m alt) lost RC at that point. Never lost video. Cancelled RTH as soon as it was on the way back within reach.
This firmware is supposed to reconnect lost video better, but since I didn't lose video at that distance I can't confirm.

I am happy with both results as it is only supposed to go 0,5 km, so I will stay on latest FW.

(The test with both firmwares are some weeks apart, so more dense vegetation now might also have affected/resulted in shorter distance with latest FW....)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Dare I say? ... its a massive conspiracy. DJI did this ( nerf the distance ) on purpose to make sure you buy other accessories or upgrade your drone. Making sure the P3S does not have a clear advantage vs the P3A or any step up... Thats just my opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: longdog
1.6.80 got me 500' max distance before live feed dropped out. Downgraded to 1.5.7+ and can now get 1400' + only 2 downsides. ...1) annoying red banner asking me to update and 2)DJI won't talk to you about technical issues unless you have the latest FW on the bird.

Sent from my SM-T715 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: TDKUK and Argoxp
During my latest online chat with a dji representative i was informed that there will be a new firmware version in about 10 days...hope it solves most of our problems

Hopefully they dont change the root password so we can keep trying to hack it. LOL!

Reactions: hexagon
Got the same issue in my brand new drone as well after the update. DJI asked for flight logs and replaced mine with a new one. they have instructed the dealer to give me a new one. I don't think it is only an FW issue, but may cause some issue for HW components as well with the update.

Does this work with P3 4K? I just bought my first drone P3 4K and was told it could go as far as 500m, but after I flew about 120m+ it start losing signal. I used aluminium foil extender and it helps up to 220m but still can't fly as far as 500m. The bin file I have in the sd card currently is P3XW_FW_V99.99.9999.bin and not 1.6.8.

Does this work with P3 4K? I just bought my first drone P3 4K and was told it could go as far as 500m, but after I flew about 120m+ it start losing signal. I used aluminium foil extender and it helps up to 220m but still can't fly as far as 500m. The bin file I have in the sd card currently is P3XW_FW_V99.99.9999.bin and not 1.6.8.

Thats what you get on the SD card when the DJI Go app does the update for you. As far if this is the same, I think so. You can test it, if it doesnt like the FW you try to use, it will just fail not cause any issue.

Reactions: jeganx
Thats what you get on the SD card when the DJI Go app does the update for you. As far if this is the same, I think so. You can test it, if it doesnt like the FW you try to use, it will just fail not cause any issue.

I just look around my DJI folder on my mobile phone and the latest firmware it downloaded is P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin
the one I downloaded through the link provided is
P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin

Fyi, P3 4K came with a VPS, whilst P3S don't. Does this mean it should be using different firmware? So should I just try to find the similar firmware instead of trying to force it using P3S firmware?

I just look around my DJI folder on my mobile phone and the latest firmware it downloaded is P3XW_FW_V01.05.0040.bin
the one I downloaded through the link provided is
P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin

Fyi, P3 4K came with a VPS, whilst P3S don't. Does this mean it should be using different firmware? So should I just try to find the similar firmware instead of trying to force it using P3S firmware?

I dont have one so I cant say 100%, but you are prob correct that its a different FW.

Can anyone else confirm this?

OK so yeah, can confirm that after forcing a downgrade that it did work.
Did the downgrade but my firmware said 1.5.70+
what does + mean?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-08-18-00-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-08-18-00-20.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 353
Going to add the the chorus of success stories. Had VERY limited video range on last update, about 20 - 30 metres max. Downgraded and very happy with the result. Thanks gang.

Reactions: BaDvs3viL
Going to add the the chorus of success stories. Had VERY limited video range on last update, about 20 - 30 metres max. Downgraded and very happy with the result. Thanks gang.

how far can you go now , after the downgrade to 1.5.7 ? i have the same issue here after the update to 1.6.8
i am a little scared of rolling back the firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z