I have a quesstion. I thought the problem was coused by the RC.. But in this post The downgrade is only applyed to the craft.. is it realy coused by the craft, or the RC.. Anynone tested the range yet ??
I had the exact same issue as yourself.. This fixed it for me this morning I flew 1400ft b4 any signal issue where as last week same area I got 300/500 when lost all video signal but kept rc

Sent from my KIW-L21 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Worked for me to downgrade, although I haven't tested it. I placed the bin file on the SD card via USB cable and restarted by holding power and connect button. Didn't take much longer than 5 mins. After finishing, I performed a compass calibration and formatted the SD card via go app. Recorded video but have yet to fly.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

I took I shot and I contacted DJI. I told them with 1.6.8 I get about 200m (I lied). However this is their reply....

Hello and thank you for contacting the DJI technical support team.
The CE range was shorten down to approx. 300m - 350m. If you have only 200m it seems for a hardware defect and not a Firmware issue.
For this you have to return the copter for a check via your dealer. If you bought it directly from the DJI website you can go further down below.

300-350 ??????
Website still says 500.
Thanks DJI !

Very interesting reply they sent to you at least from my point of view...while you were doing all your good work on the range issue I began to suspect that there had been a modification of the range for CE models with the 1.6.8 fw. At first I wondered if the 1.5.7 wasn't actually limiting the CE output and they dinked it with 1.6.8 but I am sure with all the tests done this would have been found out by now?? I guess I owe dji an apology! Oh I forgot! that would be like the one they owe me for reducing my video range on 50+ of my 60 flights??

Just went out tonight and after the down grade to 1.5 I nearly doubled my distance. I have the ARGTek mod. Went from 3300ft to over 6400ft before RTH kicked in. I was in open desert and no housing what so ever.

Reactions: TDKUK and T Dawg
How can I go back to 1.5.7?
I tried the graduation hat thing but it does not give me the choice to downgrade.

I downgraded yesterday... (didn't test the range though). I just put the bin-file in the root of the sd-card.
Turned on the remote and the drone (without the sd card inserted), started up dji go app (but remained on the main screen), inserted the sd-card in the drone and it started beeping (yellow flashing).
In the meantime I went for dinner, when I checked back on the drone, it was still beeping, but the lights were green now. So I just powered everything off and on. Firmware is : 1.5.7+ now, so seems to have worked :)

Reactions: romeo and mikep2323
Very interesting reply they sent to you at least from my point of view...while you were doing all your good work on the range issue I began to suspect that there had been a modification of the range for CE models with the 1.6.8 fw. At first I wondered if the 1.5.7 wasn't actually limiting the CE output and they dinked it with 1.6.8 but I am sure with all the tests done this would have been found out by now?? I guess I owe dji an apology! Oh I forgot! that would be like the one they owe me for reducing my video range on 50+ of my 60 flights??

So they DID reduse the range!
Over on the DJI forums, the DJI forum representatives have been claiming painstakingly in the threads concerning reduced range that the firmware upgrades had nothing to do with range, and that DJI has NOT reduced the range on the Standard....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So they DID reduse the range!
Over on the DJI forums, the DJI forum representatives have been claiming painstakingly in the threads concerning reduced range that the firmware upgrades had nothing to do with range, and that DJI has NOT reduced the range on the Standard....

No they haven't reduced the range. There claiming that is a hardware fault , even on drones that are a week old that on the day they where on 1.5.7 where hitting 1500 mtrs on the same day as updating and then going basically no where

No they haven't reduced the range. There claiming that is a hardware fault , even on drones that are a week old that on the day they where on 1.5.7 where hitting 1500 mtrs on the same day as updating and then going basically no where

But if DJI say range is shortened to 300-350m (instead of 500m CE) how is that not DJIs work? Yout mean they didn't do it on purpose, but they acknowledge it has happened?

I tried not lower versions ( 1.3 and 1.4 ) Negative
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

Also confirm than downgrade to 1.5.7 gave my bird better range, went from 60-70m urban to 240-250m.... will try non urban ASAP

But if DJI say range is shortened to 300-350m (instead of 500m CE) how is that not DJIs work? Yout mean they didn't do it on purpose, but they acknowledge it has happened?

Yer its a mess up in the firmware that's causing problems . dome people are still getting full range ( I miss typed b4 I ment feet not mtrs)
Downgrading will get it back to 1500 ft . dji are saying its a hardware fault witch it can't be for the 1000s that are affected and when downgrading solves the problems

Also dji have not said this at all the 300-350 .. They simply say there's problems with the drone they have NOT done this on purpose nor will they.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31