I've downgraded drone to 1.5.7
But the remote didn't seem to take any changes.
How do you know when your remote also gets downgraded ?

My RC shows
root@dji:~# cat /etc/firmware_version
hardware version:WM321-01
loader version:00.00.00.01
software version:01.00.09.56
The remote doesn't get downgraded

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just flew another one, I have to say , on 1.5.7 downlink video quality is real crap. To the point where it actually cut off completely for me. Had to reset drone ...
I'm putting back 1.6.8, I see absolutely no reason to downgrade to 1.5.7
However I'm happy for those for whom the downgrade worked out.
T.

I've downgraded drone to 1.5.7
But the remote didn't seem to take any changes.
How do you know when your remote also gets downgraded ?

My RC shows
root@dji:~# cat /etc/firmware_version
hardware version:WM321-01
loader version:00.00.00.01
software version:01.00.09.56

We are not downgrading the RC when we do this, Just the bird. If you somehow manage to downgrade the RC, the DJI Go App will force you to upgrade. It seems as long the RC is on the newest, you can change the bird to anyone you want.

I am currently attempting this downgrade, I have a Question though what about Battery updates?
I mean I have 3 batteries do I need to "Downgrade all of them too"?

No been trying all afternoon without success hold in link button turn on bird
with correct .bin file on newly formatted card makes a noise similar to upgrade but less chirps also front led is only green not red/green
rear led Green.

Any help please?
Lez....

No been trying all afternoon without success hold in link button turn on bird
with correct .bin file on newly formatted card makes a noise similar to upgrade but less chirps also front led is only green not red/green
rear led Green.

Any help please?
Lez....

I have the exact same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

glad people are getting range back with the latest update, i cant believe DJI has still not released a new update to sort this out, im still on the previous firmware prior to this latest upgrade, and im not ever upgrading, if i were to drop range as severe as this i would be crying, i easily get 2-3 mile range (one way) with no video loss or weak signal, DJI need to sort this latest update out or they will be losing customers, here is one of my longer flights

good luck tho to all that is on this terrible FW :(

Attachments

• 2016-05-19.png
    2016-05-19.png
    694 KB · Views: 472
glad people are getting range back with the latest update, i cant believe DJI has still not released a new update to sort this out, im still on the previous firmware prior to this latest upgrade, and im not ever upgrading, if i were to drop range as severe as this i would be crying, i easily get 2-3 mile range (one way) with no video loss or weak signal, DJI need to sort this latest update out or they will be losing customers, here is one of my longer flights

good luck tho to all that is on this terrible FW :(

Congrats on range.
Is this on Phantom 3 Standard ? Is it CE or FCC ? Stock antennas ?
Thanks.

I just flew with 1.5.7 and did not notice any difference at all.
The amount of satellites still same. BTW It's not a real measure since that number changes during the day... GPS satellites are not geostationary. you will see different ones throughout the day. Sometimes more sometimes less.

orbits.gif

I totally agree re the changing number of visible sats but I am definitely seeing a higher number of indicated satellites 'locked' in the DJI GO app since downgrading. My previous flights show a mess of poor gps warnings even at a decent altitude yet this evening I was able to fly home and land on my patio near the house which is the lowest point in the valley and shielded by a huge overhanging tree, still with full gps lock! on the newer firmware it would go into ATTI mode if taken within 10m of the house; I assumed because the 'satellite view' was blocked on two sides by the house and on a third by the steep hill that rises away from the back of the house.

My P3S is now flying like a champion! I am very pleased indeed....I am interested in trying the 1.6.8 update again though; There seems to be a lot written about inconsistent QA with the phantoms. If these articles are true then it may explain some of the variances in behaviour witnessed? It may be that my earlier upgrade attempt did not work fully despite all the indications having shown that it did?

My heart is telling me to leave the wretched thing as it is now that it works just fine but my professional side wants to tinker some more lol. As the downgrade is trivial I will probably give it a go once a moment of boredom comes along.....

I just flew another one, I have to say , on 1.5.7 downlink video quality is real crap. To the point where it actually cut off completely for me. Had to reset drone ...
T.

Sorry to hear that! mine was absolutely fine after downgrade, the only thing was it stopped cutting out at stupidly short distances.... surely though weren't you suffering with poor range when you got your P3S? I thought that was what led to your brilliant tinkering??

Do it WITHOUT holding the link button and it should succeed.

I tried... still nothing. It's weird, because when I load the 1.6.8 Fw onto the SD card and put it in the phantom it upgrades (even though it's already in 1.6.8) but when I try it for any other fw it doesn't.

I have the exact same problem.

Check the SD card, there should be a text file on it - open it and it will tell you if the upgrade / firmware has been successful or failed - see post #24 by BaDvs3viL, that's the response you are looking for.

T.
Are you sure the firmware downgrade worked....the problem you are quoting is the very same problem the downgrade is intended to fix...!!

I'm doing some testing and went back to 1.6.8 and flew around tonight. Went to 4 different places and could not get past around 1100ft before I would lose video and or RC link.

I think I am going to go back to 1.5.7

Check the SD card, there should be a text file on it - open it and it will tell you if the upgrade / firmware has been successful or failed - see post #24 by BaDvs3viL, that's the response you are looking for.

It says "corrupted" and to download it again, but I've redownloaded it 15 times (sometimes on pc, sometimes on Mac) and it hasn't worked a single time for 1.5.7

I'm doing some testing and went back to 1.6.8 and flew around tonight. Went to 4 different places and could not get past around 1100ft before I would lose video and or RC link.

I think I am going to go back to 1.5.7

This is crazy, I'm getting exactly opposite results...

Are you sure you have written this instruction the right way around.
I got over this by using 1.5.8 in the RC and 1.7.60+ in the Aircraft.

1.5.7 in the aircraft is a very old version . I have found also that you can only go backwards one version at a time anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik