Are you sure you have written this instruction the right way around.
I got over this by using 1.5.8 in the RC and 1.7.60+ in the Aircraft.

1.5.7 in the aircraft is a very old version . I have found also that you can only go backwards one version at a time anyway.

I go between 1.5.7 and 1.6.8 all the time. Im going back down right again. As far as I know, 1.6.8 is the newest FW out for the P3S?

Also we have no way to downgrade the RC at this point even though we are working on it.

It says "corrupted" and to download it again, but I've redownloaded it 15 times (sometimes on pc, sometimes on Mac) and it hasn't worked a single time for 1.5.7

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Get it from here as I know its good as I am doing mine again right now. Maybe also try a new SD card formatted correctly. Use the DJI Go app to format the SD card if need be.

DJI Phantom Accessories & Tips - Phantom Help

Thanks for your guide - worked perfectly - my drone is back on 1.5 again :)

Learnt my lesson - will not upgrade my firmware again anytime soon

I have literally just downgraded the firmware.. Took me 5 mins, but I didn't use this method , I put the bin file on a formated SD card, with both drone and rc switched on and connected to the app, a update bar was displayed and the 1.5.70 was loaded onto the bird . was directed to restart both drone and rc.. And its done

Sent from my KIW-L21 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Phazgas
I've downgraded drone to 1.5.7
But the remote didn't seem to take any changes.
How do you know when your remote also gets downgraded ?

My RC shows
root@dji:~# cat /etc/firmware_version
hardware version:WM321-01
loader version:00.00.00.01
software version:01.00.09.56

And after booting from the secondary filesystem (bootm 0x9f420000) I got

software version:01.00.09.14

Which means there are two different firmwares in the remote itself. One is the "original" backup copy.
BTW, With this version my power settings are set to US but 17dBm

root@dji:/# cat /etc/firmware_version
software version:01.00.09.14
root@dji:/# iw reg get
country US: DFS-FCC
(2402 - 2472 @ 40), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
(5170 - 5250 @ 80), (N/A, 17), (N/A)
(5250 - 5330 @ 80), (N/A, 23), (0 ms), DFS
(5735 - 5835 @ 80), (N/A, 30), (N/A)
(57240 - 63720 @ 2160), (N/A, 40), (N/A)
root@dji:/# iwinfo
wlan0 ESSID: "Error02"
Access Point: 60:60:1F:0D:C9:05
Mode: Master Channel: 6 (2.437 GHz)
Tx-Power: 17 dBm Link Quality: unknown/70
Signal: unknown Noise: -95 dBm
Bit Rate: unknown
Encryption: WPA2 PSK (CCMP)
Type: nl80211 HW Mode(s): 802.11abgn
Hardware: unknown [Generic MAC80211]
TX power offset: unknown
Frequency offset: unknown
Supports VAPs: yes PHY name: phy0

Reactions: iqdba and TDKUK
im having a total brain fart, where exactly should i be seeing BIN files on the SD card? currently everything is up to date as far as FW. my card shows DCIM folder and MISC folder. i set PC to show all folders as well but im not seeing anything related to firmware of BIN on the card.

im having a total brain fart, where exactly should i be seeing BIN files on the SD card? currently everything is up to date as far as FW. my card shows DCIM folder and MISC folder. i set PC to show all folders as well but im not seeing anything related to firmware of BIN on the card.
If you are trying to downgrade put the bin file on the sd card. Otherwise there wont be one there

yeah got that, i cant go any lower than 1.5 i have all of the older ones as well.

1600 feet on 1.6.8 and 1600 on 1.5.7 so no change... think i'll sell the standard and use the advanced with an antenna mod

Reactions: Suntana
You can only go down one firmware at a time , format the card on ur laptop and put the bin file on so its the only file on the card.. I've just had a quick test flight and I've tripled my range from 1.6

Sent from my KIW-L21 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: TDKUK
Sorry about my last, of course you are talking P3 standard I was into P3 pro. Got to be carefull with all these software versions.

I took I shot and I contacted DJI. I told them with 1.6.8 I get about 200m (I lied). However this is their reply....

Hello and thank you for contacting the DJI technical support team.
The CE range was shorten down to approx. 300m - 350m. If you have only 200m it seems for a hardware defect and not a Firmware issue.
For this you have to return the copter for a check via your dealer. If you bought it directly from the DJI website you can go further down below.

300-350 ??????
Website still says 500.
Thanks DJI !

Reactions: TDKUK
Remove all folders and replace with bin file

Sent from my Nexus 5X using PhantomPilots mobile app

As you guys know, I was so desperate after 1.6.8 firmware upgrade and I was loosing RC signal within 40m-60m .. But After 1.5 months finally solved it permanently.. Here we go!!!

In my method, Basically you need to put 1.6.80 firmware to your RC and also you need to put 1.5.70+ to aircraft. so How do we do that?>???

1. You need upgrade your drone using LATEST DJI go app. ( if you are already in 1.6.8, then downgrade it in to 1.5.7 )
2. After upgrading to 1.6.8 please close DJI go app, restart the drone and RC connect it, after that Switch off all the things.
3. Then download and put 1.5.7 firmware bin file to a SD card.
4. Put the SD card in to the aircraft WITHOUT turning it on.
5. Then turn on the aircraft WHILE PRESSING RC LINK BUTTON ON THE AIRCRAFT LEFT SIDE BODY.
6. Hold it on for like 20 seconds and release it.
7. Then complete firmware upgrading process will start and it will be over within 10-15min as usual..
8.Then restart the drone.
9.After all these steps your RC will be stay in 1.6.8 and your aircraft will be 1.5.7+ and DO NOT UPGRADE AGAIN, unless you want the problem again.. LoL...

Have a flight and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT THE RANGE YOU GOT!!!!!

PS: And finally thanks you my friend "mpogrebnoy" ( from US ) for showing me that game changing screenshots ..
How is the Wi-Fi connection now

As you guys know, I was so desperate after 1.6.8 firmware upgrade and I was loosing RC signal within 40m-60m .. But After 1.5 months finally solved it permanently.. Here we go!!!

In my method, Basically you need to put 1.6.80 firmware to your RC and also you need to put 1.5.70+ to aircraft. so How do we do that?>???

1. You need upgrade your drone using LATEST DJI go app. ( if you are already in 1.6.8, then downgrade it in to 1.5.7 )
2. After upgrading to 1.6.8 please close DJI go app, restart the drone and RC connect it, after that Switch off all the things.
3. Then download and put 1.5.7 firmware bin file to a SD card.
4. Put the SD card in to the aircraft WITHOUT turning it on.
5. Then turn on the aircraft WHILE PRESSING RC LINK BUTTON ON THE AIRCRAFT LEFT SIDE BODY.
6. Hold it on for like 20 seconds and release it.
7. Then complete firmware upgrading process will start and it will be over within 10-15min as usual..
8.Then restart the drone.
9.After all these steps your RC will be stay in 1.6.8 and your aircraft will be 1.5.7+ and DO NOT UPGRADE AGAIN, unless you want the problem again.. LoL...

Have a flight and PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT THE RANGE YOU GOT!!!!!

PS: And finally thanks you my friend "mpogrebnoy" ( from US ) for showing me that game changing screenshots ..

I have good rc signal but poor video signal. As you mention above the downgrade would solve rc signal issue. Does the solution also apply for my video signal issue? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a quesstion. I thought the problem was coused by the RC.. But in this post The downgrade is only applyed to the craft.. is it realy coused by the craft, or the RC.. Anynone tested the range yet ??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic