Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Piranha said:
Camuk said:
hi,

An ideas and pointers would be great guys, thanks.

Si

Can you connect it to base cam software and show your settings?

Hi, Thanx for the reply, I can connect to the Phantom assistant the gimbal settings are: Servo travel limit: MAX 1000; Center 0; Min -450 Auto Gain: Pitch 20.00.

I also have a red light and a green light Led lit on the Gimbal. Not sure if they both should be green?

Si

Is it normal that there are very small vibrations if i took my fingers on the gimbal motors ?
My rear gimbal motor is a little bit warm/hot is this also normal ?
The one on the side is nearly cold.

AnselA said:
Piranha said:
Green and red is ok, set pitch gain to zero, but it is phantom assistant! You should go to http://www.basecamelectronics.com and download latest basecamgui for 8bit controller to be able to tune the gimbal itself

Doesn't the gimbal come with all necessary documentation and software? (Ordered it yesterday...)

It comes with basic instructions for assembling the gimbal. The software you need to download from http://www.basecamelectronics.com.

I believe I received a defective unit. Can someone tell me if the original camera mount touches the cf plate when you have the camera level on both axis and rotate it clockwise. If I'm facing the front of the camera and rotate it clockwise I get about a 1/4" of rotation and it hits the cf plate. If I rotate it the other way it turns until the motor touches the cf plate.

Harpo1, man it is not a problem, actually you will never reach such a big angle to touch upper CF plate untill falling down ;) anyway you can slightly adjust gimball height buy two screws on the back of vertical(roll motormount) right over roll motor

Piranha said:
Green and red is ok, set pitch gain to zero, but it is phantom assistant! You should go to http://www.basecamelectronics.com and download latest basecamgui for 8bit controller to be able to tune the gimbal itself

Hi, got the basecam one now! See the attached screen shot with settings. As you will see that 'pitch' is upside down! The cam and the gimbal naturally turn upside down when power off and 'balance' upside down. I have double checked in case I attached the gimbal incorrectly. I''ve done it as per instructions. So when powered up all get is jerking and shaking.. :(

An ideas, thanks. Si

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 494
I believe your right axis should be -y and your roll needs to be inverted according to the others that posted their settings.

Edit: Go back to page 12 of this thread and look at those settings because your top axis should be-Z and right axis -Y. Plus the roll needs to be inverted.

harpo1 said:
I believe your right axis should be -y and your roll needs to be inverted according to the others that posted their settings.

Edit: Go back to page 12 of this thread and look at those settings because your top axis should be-Z and right axis -Y. Plus the roll needs to be inverted.

Thanks for pointing that out :) The changes have steadied things up. I will now give it a test to see how it works.

Cheers.

Piranha said:

Piranha,

We have your settings for the gimbal software (thanks!) and you say to "set pitch gain to zero" in the phantom assistant software. Is there anything else that needs to be adjusted in the phantom assistant software?

Ron Wilson

I was wondering about balance as well. A few videos I saw (different gimbals and/or platforms) show the camera should basically stay where left when moved, buy mine clearly wants to roll over upside down as well.

I am happy now with my gimbal. Everything works well and smooth.
Tomorrow i will start my first outdoor test :)

Excellent. My gimbal was working fine, on the ground and by hand (raining all week, so grounded). Got home today, and decided to fix what wasn't broken, and did the following. Reduced gimbal gain to 0 in the assistant software. No problem, still good. Installed and ran basecamp. Connected. Still no problem. Set the values from Piranha's video, wrote and boom, the gimbal goes nuts. twitching, rolls over, basically having a seizure. I hit motors off and it went limp. I tried leveling it with the motors off and calibrating the accelerometer, no joy. Tried entering back the defaults, no effect. I have a feeling I have just created a $300 paperweight... Any suggestions would be appreciated greatly.

Ok, well, once my adrenalin level stabilized, I thought about it. I reloaded a saved profile, shut off the motors, leveled it the best I could by hand, and ran an accelerometer and gyro calibration, and voila, its working again. I guess I should have done that before the panic post, so, sorry about that!

Recived a package today with the Gimbal and two new motors!

I am running sound for bands all day but brought everything with me in case I have some time to swap out the motors and install the gimbal.

I had a bit of a shake after a bad crash a few months ago. Still flys fine but video does not turn out good with the shake. I have narrowed the issue down to one motor so I am hoping to replace it. Once the test flights on that are done, the Gimble is next. I hope to get everything ironed out before Tuesday! Have a shoot that day with it.

Thanks again for everyones advice!

Piranha said:
Rivrusk said:
Anyone know what it could be due to?

what is your roll pid and power settings?
could you share screen shot from base cam GUI ?

Right now I have no access to a computer. But as soon as I get home tomorrow I'll check it and upload it. I think I set it exactly the same as you.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT