Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

AnselA said:
I tried to buy from Aerial Freaks web shop. When in ""Confirm order" phase system returns:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/urakopte/public_html/checkout_process.php on line 289

Ohers having similar problem?

Also sent them email 7 hours ago, no responsa.

Try Here:
http://www.helidirect.com/aerial-freaks-cyclops-vision-brushless-gimbal-phantom-2-vision-p-36443.hdx

The guys over there are very helpful and you can have one shipped in the same day.

Piranha: I will try those setting when i get home, thank you again for posting, i hope it evens things out.

I got my AF Cyclops gimbal yesterday and found time to install it today. After hooking everything up, I inserted the battery and powered it up. The gimbal was working perfectly inside the house. Then I took it outside to do a test flight. Everything was going fine, until I started the DJI App. It showed the green light indicating the WiFi connection had been established, but the camera icon never became active! The camera was turned on and all the wires appear to be correctly connected.

The last time I flew, everything worked fine. I'm using a Droid Maxx running Android Version 4.4. Shouldn't matter anyway, since it worked fine a few days ago, before the new gimbal was installed. I flew it anyway and the gimbal continued to work flawlessly, but not much good, if I can't turn on the camera!!! Any ideas???

Ron Wilson

You can always plug the camera back in to the cable coming from the phantom as a test, bypassing the gimbal...

rmwilson said:
I got my AF Cyclops gimbal yesterday and found time to install it today. After hooking everything up, I inserted the battery and powered it up. The gimbal was working perfectly inside the house. Then I took it outside to do a test flight. Everything was going fine, until I started the DJI App. It showed the green light indicating the WiFi connection had been established, but the camera icon never became active! The camera was turned on and all the wires appear to be correctly connected.

The last time I flew, everything worked fine. I'm using a Droid Maxx running Android Version 4.4. Shouldn't matter anyway, since it worked fine a few days ago, before the new gimbal was installed. I flew it anyway and the gimbal continued to work flawlessly, but not much good, if I can't turn on the camera!!! Any ideas???

Ron Wilson

Make sure you never unplug the camera from the phantom or Gimbal while power is on!!

Few things to look at and try:
1. Replace the original cable on the Phantom and test camera, and check the gimbal cable for breaks on the ALexmos board.
2. adjust you settings in the app to a lower resolution. reset and try again.
3. Unplug and re-seat the connections. The connection on the camera has to be seated completely. No metal showing.
4. All else fails. You might have fried your camera. :cry:

skysteve said:
Aerial freaks say this will be available in the UK very soon and can't wait to try one myself.
Do you know any new about selling in Europe? Would be better option I guess for us in the EU.

rmwilson said:

Ron Wilson

Make sure the camera cable is plugged in all the way. There is a firm click when it is. I thought mine was for the first flight but it wasn't. Quick way to tell is the indicator light and fan noise on the camera itself. Minor coronary and a head slap later, back in action.

Mine will be here Friday!!

I need your guys help!

I am new to all this stuff and I know I can install it. But was hoping you guys could help stream line the possess after the instal. Like what settings work best and what works best for the shake. I have one day to turn around and do a production shoot with it.

Thanks for all the advice so far and Thanks in advance for your your help,

cnitschke said:
rmwilson said:

Ron Wilson

Make sure the camera cable is plugged in all the way. There is a firm click when it is. I thought mine was for the first flight but it wasn't. Quick way to tell is the indicator light and fan noise on the camera itself. Minor coronary and a head slap later, back in action.

cnitschke,

You nailed it! Tonight, while in the controlled environment of my kitchen, I put a fresh battery in and turned the unit back on. I noticed (without the bright sunlight) that the green light on the back of the camera was not on. I powered down and tried pushing the 3.5mm jack more firmly into the back of the camera. BINGO! it snapped into place, even though it only moved a very small distance! When I powered it back up, the green light came back on and the camera worked again in the app.

I did get a message that I needed to recalibrate the compass though. Is this normal, after installing a gimbal? I've been flying for months with only the original calibration I did back in December. I really feel stupid, but I'm sure glad I didn't fry a $500 camera! Maybe this will help someone else not make the same stupid mistake.

Ron Wilson

Ron, its great that you manage to solve your problem, vision camera really has tight connector and very small displacement can cause bad contact ;)
Yesterday I've got another chance to play a little bit with the gimbal settings ;) looks much better but I am too tired and lazy today to edit my video:) if somebody want unedited boring video i can upload it as is ;)

Did my first flight today with the new gimbal installed and camera working. Any naive notions I had that this would be an out of the box solution were quickly bashed. The gimbal appeared to be working perfectly, but the proof is in the pudding, or in this case, the Jello pudding. I had terrible vibrations in the video, except when hovering.

I guess the next step is to download the gimbal software and start tinkering with settings to get them to match what Piranha and Macuser13 have used. I still have hope that this will be a good purchase. It will take some time and patience, however, neither of which I have much of right now.

Ron Wilson

hi,
I got my Gimbal today and hooked it up as per the manual and the helpful youtube video! When I switched on for a test (not fly), after a brief shudder the camera steadied then began to drop down and then jerked around madly so I switched off. Same happens each time. Obviously something not right. Do I need to go through the calibration or have missed something simple :(

An ideas and pointers would be great guys, thanks.

Si

@Piranha
Did you set your gimbal gain to zero in phantom assistant software???

Oh no, i will do so.

I am not confirm with gimbals, is it normal that there are very small vibrations if i took my fingers on the gimbal motors ?

Here is my yesterday's test, sorry for boring long video I just cut it a little and add some music to make it not so boring :)
seems much better, the only thing I don't like-is lack of 3rd axis because now with the gimbal you can see Phantom yaw hunting, but I think I can try to kill this hunting in video editing soft

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VgdAkTMTxQ[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT