Aerial Freaks Cyclops Vision Brushless Gimbal

Thank you for your return, Dave !

About "pitch gain", is it Phantom basic gain (window Basic), or Pitch gain in window "Advanced-gimbal" ?

Here, automatic control gain (gimbal window from Phantom assistant) is at 0 for pitch and roll, since the beginning of the tuning, but gimbal has stopped shaking lowering Phantom gain also (but OK, it is much less reactive...)

LudoVic said:
Thank you for your return, Dave !

About "pitch gain", is it Phantom basic gain (window Basic), or Pitch gain in window "Advanced-gimbal" ?

Here, automatic control gain (gimbal window from Phantom assistant) is at 0 for pitch and roll, since the beginning of the tuning, but gimbal has stopped shaking lowering Phantom gain also (but OK, it is much less reactive...)
Ah alright I was thinking you were referring to gimbal window gains since we are talking about gimbal.

I have been experiencing jitter like crazy during flight. I've adjusted PID's like crazy along with pretty much every other setting to no avail.

I then disconnected the tilt servo lead from the Phantom Vision to the gimbal board AND ALL JITTER STOPPED during flight! It is smooth as glass and performs perfectly. Of course, now I cannot control tilt via the application. Does anyone know which settings...gain...filtering...etc to adjust as to stop the gimbal from shaking with this lead re-connected?....Either in the Basecam software or Vision assistant?

MUCH help appreciated.

Also-all defaults are loaded at this point.

Brad

Hey guys.
Yesterday I received requested profile of BGCsimple setting from Aerialfreaks guys. I havent tried as the weather sucks though. So feel free to test it too. Its much different setting from what I received in the controller preinstalled. See attachement.

I also fight with the vibrations (not jello) when flying strongly and higher speed. Will again check the props balancing.

Attachments

• Aerialfreaks.rar
    823 bytes · Views: 310
dave21 said:
Hey guys.
Yesterday I received requested profile of BGCsimple setting from Aerialfreaks guys. I havent tried as the weather sucks though. So feel free to test it too. Its much different setting from what I received in the controller preinstalled. See attachement.

Are these settings improved the gimbal performance?

Hello, I want to share and ask for help.

I got my Cyclops Vision Gimbal Installed yesterday and when I use the tilt thru the app looking down, the gimbal makes a smooth roll to the side and I want to know if some of you can help me to fix it.

This are my Settings and video of my issue I made 2 test on the video so you can figure out my problem.

Imagen1.png

Imagen3.png

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cXk1qpQTPo[/youtube]

I dont have my phantom now but from what i remember you must set correct axis to be operated by 7th channel. I believe its in RC settings tab.

Thanks Dave21
Could you help me and tell me in where of RC tab do I need to make the change.
Heres the RC screen

image.png

Hm. There is Angle mode for pitch so should be fine. Check again the axis orientation in Sensor. I dont have my phantom now. Try searching the previous posts with the another screenshots.

Managed to fix as AnselA told me, I made a Sensor Auto calibration of ACC and Gyro thru SimpleBGC, this solve the movement issue.

Thank you Dave21 and AnseA for your help.

Now its time to test it on the air.

Hello all. I just got the gimbal installed. It seems to be ok right out of the box. Just did a quick test flight and didn't notice any shakes. It does seems to pan up and down really slow. Also, when it's on the ground it twitches a little. Is this normal? I plan on getting some longer legs for the copter this weekend

Hi, you need to extend the gears. The twitches come from touching the ground (grass, rocks ... Etc). Please, could you post the screenshot of the settings? To be honest i am still not happy with mine. And the settings i got with my gimbal, here on the forum or sent by email from aerialfreak quite differe. The speed is adjustable in Phantom assistant or in gimbal from what i remember.

Hi to all.
This is my first post and just wanted to thank all who offer help here. This forum has been a lifesaver in trying to set up my new cyclops gimbal. I had watched a you tube video as a guide to assembling the gimbal, and had a most disappointing first flight. Thanks to a post by rmwilson I realized that the you tube guy was wrong, mounting the gimbal to the wrong side of the carbon fiber board. changing that corrected about 90% of my issues. I believe the rest is in prop balance. Thanks for the help. I have seen some ask about getting the camera to be level at startup. Using the vision assistant under advanced /gimbal, setting the center point at -125 worked for me. (also as pointed out in other posts, be sure and set pitch and roll gains to zero). I also came up with a very simple "gimbal lock" that works pretty well. I'll share that when I get a picture of what I did. So simple. Thanks again to all. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl