A better photo of a 2312 Motor.

Attachments

• IMG_5598.JPG
    IMG_5598.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 598
phenom3030 said:
Reoscorpio said:
phenom3030 said:
Well crap... According to that insert that came with the motor upgrade, my Phantom 2 v2.0 (non vision) has motor/esc incompatability... :shock:

And it came this way. It was purchased at the end of November, just a few months ago. I inspected the wires for each motor and only noticed an issue on one. The black coating on one component separated from a black wire.

This has got to be a warranty issue right?

I'm in the same boat as you. Where did you order from?

My order was sold to me by The Drone Source via Amazon. I just sent DJI a message via their Report a Problem form in the Support section of their website.

This is a bummer, I don't want to fly again until their's resolution.

Mine was fulfilled by Amazon but from CopterShop. I've called DJI and Ailed Coptershop but have not received confirmation either way. DJI has my phantom for damage from a landing that went bad. I asked them to verify the firmware of my ESC's when the tech looks it over. There was no version number above the sticker. The motors looked like the new windings but no sticker. However that may be normal.

Coptershop seemed to have no idea what I was talking about :)

According to DJI, the 3rd party would be to blame for mislabeling. The bottom of the phantom had v2 on it, but it was in a box that was not labeled as such and had old literature in it.

I can't say for certain that this has caused any problems with my particular unit, but it seems strangest how inconsistent everyone's situation is.

Nathan Carter said:
I too believe that the problem only lies in the ESCs.

On these photos of ESCs that people have been sending here I keep noticing that there is another white sticker/label underneath the visible one. Can someone peel the top sticker and see what is written on the one beneath?

(I own an older v2 phantom 2 v+, otherwise I would do it myself. I'm interested in buying a new v3 one, that's why I'm investigating this)

Here is what mine shows:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    679.4 KB · Views: 521
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 555
knowonecares said:
Nathan Carter said:
I too believe that the problem only lies in the ESCs.

On these photos of ESCs that people have been sending here I keep noticing that there is another white sticker/label underneath the visible one. Can someone peel the top sticker and see what is written on the one beneath?

(I own an older v2 phantom 2 v+, otherwise I would do it myself. I'm interested in buying a new v3 one, that's why I'm investigating this)

Here's photos of a V2.0 ESC with the label pealed back, covers up a part number of some sort.

One thing that I have noticed involving ESC's version 2.0 with label, 2.0 without label, and 2.1 with label as compared to the non 2.x ESC's is that there is a Circle K next to the open square. I have not seen a non 2.x ESC with the Circle K and all 2.x have them.

ESC from my Phantom 2 Vision Plus Version-2, purchased in Dec '14. I have several crashes and tip overs and prop-stops, no failures, just some trashed props, newbie rc pilot excuse. Full V3 upgrade parts ready and waiting, and waiting. Anyone?

Attachments

• IMG_5560.JPG
    IMG_5560.JPG
    533.4 KB · Views: 439
Bought my P2 in November. No "V2.1" or "V2.0" on my ESCs. So not the correct ones.

I have had 1 minor and 1 medium crashe during the past 3 months. Minor was falling 3 feet after hitting a bush, medium was hitting tree limbs at close to full speed then falling 15 feet to grass. I do not remember if the battery shut itself off after the crash. [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsLQKO7WBHM[/youtube]

(this was on first flight with FPV, got disoriented when phantom came in quick, leason learned.)

I have flown 10-15 times since these crashes. Have not had any problems, no smoke, no noice. I have opened my phantom shell several times during the past few months and have not noticed any new issues (no burnt wire etc).

-My point is that the motors have had sudden stops during these crashes and the ESCs are still funtioning. But it could be a matter of time till one fails, maybe but I dont know. So for some it may just take a small tip over that overloads the ESCs, others it may take a harder crash or blocking the motor at full power for several seconds. I will check my ESCs and wiring in detail tomorrow for any signs of problems.

Very frustrating because I often fly over water. I guess have to take it easy and stay on land until there are more answers.

Have emailed DJI and send Facebook message. Waiting for response.

Also, -Can some one explain the 4 beaps at start up and how they relate to having correct ESCs?
-And what is a MOSFET, what does it do and where on the ESC is it located?

Attachments

• 20150108_130748.jpg
    20150108_130748.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 382
  • 20150108_130519.jpg
    20150108_130519.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 389
  • 20150108_130440.jpg
    20150108_130440.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 416
I have the Phantom 2 v.2 (non-vision), bought from B&H on 11/25/14. I opened mine & have the V 2.0 on the white sticker next to the QR code on all 4 ESCs. Have flown about 5 flights with no issues, but now I'm worried after reading this thread. Also, I noticed in another thread that the GPS shield covers area deeper into the arms than mine does (see pic). Is that because I don't have a WiFi module? I'm pretty sure my Phantom is still within the return period due to the holiday return policy. Should I return and wait for the new 2.1 ESCs? Ugh! The last pic shows how my wires were originally routed. I, like others, moved the wires slightly away from the MOSFETS.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420782424.388407.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420782424.388407.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 423
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420782465.689373.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420782465.689373.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 379
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420782475.365078.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420782475.365078.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 374
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420782485.515905.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420782485.515905.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 407
Ok, see.... I'm really confused now...

I have the P2V+ v3... I have a much better shielding over the GPS receiver but now that I look at your ESC's, they look just like mine!

Look at mine... same numbers as yours!
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=32368&start=360#p301657

This just adds to my confusion!

mendezl said:
Also, -Can some one explain the 4 beaps at start up and how they relate to having correct ESCs?
-And what is a MOSFET, what does it do and where on the ESC is it located?

The older ESC firmware had 4 extra beeps during startup. The newer ESC firmware does not do this.
(All ESCs with "v2" marked on the board are the same hardware. However, there are different firmware revisions. Changing the firmware requires a special rig.)

A MOSFET is an electrically-controlled switch. It's sort of like a relay, but solid state. On the ESC, there is a microcontroller that takes in the signal from the flight controller and switches the various MOSFETs on and off, which in turn send +12V or Gnd to each of the motor connections. There are 3 motor coils (thus the 3 connections). Each coil wire can be connected to either +12V or to ground. Thus, there are 6 MOSFETs. The microcontroller also has circuits to sense the voltage on the coil wires. This helps it understand the position of the motor as it rotates. The controller considers the current motor speed, the current motor position, and the requested motor speed, and in turn it toggles the various MOSFETs to get the motor to spin at the requested speed as fast as it reasonably can.

Since I've mentioned there are 6 MOSFETs, you should be able to locate them. Each has 8 pins.

On my pv2+ I have the unmarked esc and v3 motors. My esc have the 1 beep. So I'm assuming I have newer firmware in the esc , but is it compatible with the motors. It flys fine. Reall don't know what to do.
Did a lot of reaserch about these esc to make sure they had the right beep and lights. Now what do we do ?

Mori55 said:
On my pv2+ I have the unmarked esc and v3 motors. My esc have the 1 beep. So I'm assuming I have newer firmware in the esc , but is it compatible with the motors. It flys fine. Reall don't know what to do.
Did a lot of reaserch about these esc to make sure they had the right beep and lights. Now what do we do ?

Are we talking about the beeps at startup when the bird is powered on? The musical chimes that tell you its beginning to search for a signal?

I think he's talking about the possible 4 beeps after the startup musical chimes. I'm trying to decide whether or not mine should get returned while I still can. Has anyone received a new bird from B&H within the last couple of days and know if the ESCs are version 2.1?

Yes I have 1 beep at startup not 4. So when everyone was upgrading to the new motors that's what a lot of us based are esc on. We thought as long as you didn't have the 4 beeps you were ok.

Mori55 said:
Yes I have 1 beep at startup not 4. So when everyone was upgrading to the new motors that's what a lot of us based are esc on. We thought as long as you didn't have the 4 beeps you were ok.

One beep that is strange can u show us a video please?

So my New Version Phantom 2 purchased in November has:

-New 2312 motors
-ESCs without the "V2.0" or "V2.1" next to the QR Code software sticker.
-The power on Chime sound does not have the 4 extra beep tones at the end.
-On power on, there is no red LED lights on initiation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph18PU ... e=youtu.be
-My Serial number is "PH645413862 V2.0"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPo0HzPoetQ[/youtube]

Some stated that if you do not have the 4 extra beeps on power on then you have ESCs V2.0 despite not having the "V2.0" on the white QR code sticker. Can someone confirm this.

Also can someone confirm that serial numbers that start with PH645413 matches all the things that mine has. Or if you have the "Vx.x" on your ESC sticker what is your serial number.

-Ok so I have had 2 crashes with my Phantom where the ESCs were sure to have been overloaded / motors would have had sudden stops stress. 20+ flights later the phantom is still functioning properly without any obvious sighs of ESC trouble. This makes me feel that these ESCs do have the correct updated software and are able deal with crashes.

-Now we need to find someone who can contradict my situation. Who has the non "V2.0" ESCs with No extra 4 beep tones who crashed / tipped over and has burnt bad ESC or Motor wires.

As of right now I feel that despite not having the "V2.0" on ESC sticker, Not having the 4 extra beep tones on start up means I have V2.0 software. I will continue to fly the Phantom until there is new information.

mendezl said:
So my New Version Phantom 2 purchased in November has:

-New 2312 motors
-ESCs without the "V2.0" or "V2.1" next to the QR Code software sticker.
-The power on Chime sound does not have the 4 extra beep tones at the end.
-On power on, there is no red LED lights on initiation. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jph18PU ... e=youtu.be
-My Serial number is "PH645413862 V2.0"

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPo0HzPoetQ[/youtube]

Some stated that if you do not have the 4 extra beeps on power on then you have ESCs V2.0 despite not having the "V2.0" on the white QR code sticker. Can someone confirm this.

Also can someone confirm that serial numbers that start with PH645413 matches all the things that mine has. Or if you have the "Vx.x" on your ESC sticker what is your serial number.

-Ok so I have had 2 crashes with my Phantom where the ESCs were sure to have been overloaded / motors would have had sudden stops stress. 20+ flights later the phantom is still functioning properly without any obvious sighs of ESC trouble. This makes me feel that these ESCs do have the correct updated software and are able deal with crashes.

-Now we need to find someone who can contradict my situation. Who has the non "V2.0" ESCs with No extra 4 beep tones who crashed / tipped over and has burnt bad ESC or Motor wires.

As of right now I feel that despite not having the "V2.0" on ESC sticker, Not having the 4 extra beep tones on start up means I have V2.0 software. I will continue to fly the Phantom until there is new information.
What kind of wifi module do you have?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT