Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Your video with the PV2

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by Djrichone, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Djrichone

Hi, new to the forum since I'm about to get a used PV2. I'm getting it for 600.00. I've been searching for video shot with the PV2 only. I searched youtube but mostly get PV2+ video.
    So, can you owners please direct me to your videos! I'm especially interested on post video editing with the stabilization feature.
    I am trying to get a good perspective on the quality of video. I know the PV2+ has the most stable video but in no to light wind how does the PV2 do?
    I mostly want to use it for personal use , but may use it for some video for real estate and construction. Will the PV2 be good enough for this? Don't really want to spend $1300.00 for a new PV2+ just yet.
    Let me know your thoughts! :)

2. ProfessorStein

The good news is it's easy to install a gimbal on the P2V. There are now lots of options, and many of them perform better and will last longer than DJIs own gimbal on the P2V+. And the price range can still help keep the cost below what you would've paid for a Plus... especially if you nabbed a P2V for only $600 (nice find!)

Here's what is now just a partial list of P2V gimbal options. I need to do some updating.

viewtopic.php?t=20306

3. Mal_PV2_Ireland

Check on youtube for Sky Pixels Ireland. All videos there are made with a p2v with a Taco gimbal.

4. RCRookie

Search for Rotorpixel, Taco Gimbal or DroneExpert Gimbal, followed by the word "videos", on Youtube or Google. You'll find tons.

5. Djrichone

Thanks. Will look into the gimbal videos. The comparison videos are great showing a PV2 with and without the gimbals.

6. 4wd

4wd

You can use the ATTI mode so there are no GPS corrections, and move gently.
    With a steady wind, drift past a subject in ATTI mode too.

Nowadays aerial video without a gimbal looks a bit crude unless you are doing some ambitious stunt manoeuvres!
    You can get good stills though.