You know what really grinds my gears?

hhmmm... wonder what it was then? maybe I DON'T want to know?
Has this thread gotten off topic??? ya think?

You people think you are old? I'm 69 and can't wait to get droning. I computerized my farm tractor salvage yard inventory in 1981-82. A Radio Shack TRS-80 Model 1 with a huge 10mb, yes megabyte, hard drive and two floppy drives. Man, I was on the cutting edge! My setup was one of the first business computers in our town.

I love digital stuff. So many oder people seem to take some kind of perverse pride in avoiding anything to do with the digital age. "I don't even know how to turn one on!" Not me. I love the stuff.

I guess, with regards to the topic, what bugs me is the texting gibberish we see on forums; their instead of there or they're and so on. No caps, or worse, all caps. Bugs me. However, I think I'll survive. o_O

Reactions: Neon Euc
I found the easiest way to deal with ignorance and fear is to ignore the dumb questions and involve them in the process. I used to record my the school musicals that my daughters were in. I would be guy in the back, behind everyone with my camcorder on a tripod. A couple of times, a parent would come up and ask why I was recording. In a room with a dozen people blocking other people's view by recording on their iPad, they single me out. I would say I was recording my daughter and if they would like a copy, just have their kid bring my kid a blank DVD. That worked.

I haven't had the dumb question experience yet with my drone, but I'll do the same thing. I'll ask if they would like to watch on the screen and would they like a video of their home or a clip of them waving. Then I'll just email them a link to clip (privately hosted) and let them have their own drone video. That will be more effective than getting on the FAA soapbox and proclaiming that it's legal to fly here. It's like that old saying, "You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".

I found the easiest way to deal with ignorance and fear is to ignore the dumb questions and involve them in the process. I used to record my the school musicals that my daughters were in. I would be guy in the back, behind everyone with my camcorder on a tripod. A couple of times, a parent would come up and ask why I was recording. In a room with a dozen people blocking other people's view by recording on their iPad, they single me out. I would say I was recording my daughter and if they would like a copy, just have their kid bring my kid a blank DVD. That worked.

I haven't had the dumb question experience yet with my drone, but I'll do the same thing. I'll ask if they would like to watch on the screen and would they like a video of their home or a clip of them waving. Then I'll just email them a link to clip (privately hosted) and let them have their own drone video. That will be more effective than getting on the FAA soapbox and proclaiming that it's legal to fly here. It's like that old saying, "You'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar".
So you're that guy at the back? I always wondered who that was while I used a camcorder from about midway so I could zoom in my on Daughter during her band performances. Actually I could hardly ever see her in her big band concerts and I once videoed the wrong kid for 10 minutes :D

So you're that guy at the back? I always wondered who that was while I used a camcorder from about midway so I could zoom in my on Daughter during her band performances. Actually I could hardly ever see her in her big band concerts and I once videoed the wrong kid for 10 minutes :D
My daughters went to an elementary school that did all of their performances in the cafeteria. I would go the back and place my tripod on a chair/desk/table and against the wall. The additional height gave me clearance over the people holding their iPads over the heads.

Ah. At least some have a good sense of humor on here!

Lol I done worse then that. Took my daughter swimming and after about 2 hours I decided to call her in to get ready to come home. She waved her head to say no. So I carried on waving my arms telling her "come here now" in quite an upset voice. She eventually came over, only for me to discover it wasn't my daughter at all. God knows who she was [emoji23]

Neon Euc

Lol I done worse then that. Took my daughter swimming and after about 2 hours I decided to call her in to get ready to come home. She waved her head to say no. So I carried on waving my arms telling her "come here now" in quite an upset voice. She eventually came over, only for me to discover it wasn't my daughter at all. God knows who she was [emoji23]

Neon Euc

Did you still take her home?

Lol I done worse then that. Took my daughter swimming and after about 2 hours I decided to call her in to get ready to come home. She waved her head to say no. So I carried on waving my arms telling her "come here now" in quite an upset voice. She eventually came over, only for me to discover it wasn't my daughter at all. God knows who she was
emoji23.png

Neon Euc
LOL that's a good one.

My daughter was also in her high school marching band, rarely could I tell which kid she was when they all had the same uniform on so I gave up.

Ironically, I never used any of the video I shot of her and we just bought the $5 DVDs that anotherlab in the back made :D

You get a new drone, she gets a lesson in trust, eBay buyer gets something, too. Everybody wins.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119