You know what really grinds my gears?

*wipes brow*
Thanks guys! Here I was thinking that being 56 and playing with helicopters was the beginning of the second childhood....

Like I tell my wife the only difference between men and boys is the price of their toys.

In all honesty, all smart-aleckiness aside, I got a drone because I love photography as a hobby. I've had SLR's and DSLR's all my life and am always looking for the shot that people don't "generally" get with a phone or that little extra effort.

I took this picture last year:

f1ea4bcd46e65257ae7c9ed308db1fab.jpg

Friends, family, bystanders, and that little guy's parents, loved it. They shared it, ranted about it, the lodge at the campground posted it... that's fun. Makes me proud.

Using a drone to take the hobby to the next level just seemed natural; it's fun to be able to show people things they don't normally see.

So my friends don't ask why I got a drone, they get it. I'm conscientious around strangers, anticipating apprehensiveness. And I answer inquisitive people properly in defence and support of the hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: PhantomMenace65
That's a neat picture. Assuming the kiddo was bound for destination getting wet :D

He did in fact get wet... that's my kid that stayed on the tube! Proud dad!

Actually I just checked... that was 3 summers ago. Time flies... I just got older.

About 200 pictures were taken in that tubing sequence, to get that one memorable shot...

About 200 pictures were taken in that tubing sequence, to get that one memorable shot...
We've come a long way in the last 25 years with prosumer photography, I remember SLR and waiting 3 business days to see the 36 little pictures that cost me $10, most of which were disappointing.

We've come a long way in the last 25 years with prosumer photography, I remember SLR and waiting 3 business days to see the 36 little pictures that cost me $10, most of which were disappointing.

OMG no kidding. To get a pic like above you'd have to be a pro with a darkroom because you couldn't afford the developing on the rolls to take 200 pics just waiting for a lucky shot.

Say nothing of the time lost loading and reloading film.

Why you kids! I'm 72 and just got into this sport. I love it.
Jim
WHEW! I thought I was over the hill for quad copter flying.... I am right in the middle at 63!
Guess this hobby can draw anyone in! Glad I am here! Too much fun!

When someone finds out I fly a drone and the first question they ask is... "so you spy on your neighbors?"
I try not to let it show, but it's soooooo annoying!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I mentioned my drone at a meeting today and got this exact response. People just dont think of the art of the film making always the voyeurism. Still 15 people got educated today

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Good show! Hopefully those 15 people will tell others and the word will spread!

My kids and I talk about stuff like "what superpower would you like to have"... I think mine would be to "know stuff". Anything. Everything.

Where I lost that thing I lost 12 years ago, whether a nuke is aimed for my city, how much all the material that goes into a house weighs... whatever.

Like the ratio of how many drones are actually used for voyeurism, vs those used for anything else but.

Last edited:
I have an 8'x5' picture window and I've actually tried to spy into it. Can't see a darn thing but reflection and the stuff on the windowsill, haven't tried at night. I suspect 20 minute flight times are not enough for perverts and suspect they rely on conventional methods.

I have an 8'x5' picture window and I've actually tried to spy into it. Can't see a darn thing but reflection and the stuff on the windowsill, haven't tried at night. I suspect 20 minute flight times are not enough for perverts and suspect they rely on conventional methods.

I know, I tried looking into that picture window too and I could barely make out what you were eating for supper.

I get those millions of questions by people.

Is it easy to fly, how long does battery last, etc etc. And they look like people who won't ever buy one even if it was $300.

I thought that what it was! Couldn't figure out what was yellow...

Reactions: jwmcgrath

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello