Who's brave enough to test

Reaction score
3.1.3 is here.... No guts no glory

I'm a coward so that's me out then
1486743492539.png

Neon Euc

Well, can it be any worse than the previous version?

Anyway, I have a valid excuse for not trying it. I'm not familiar enough with DJI GO. Never use it.

Well, can it be any worse than the previous version?

Anyway, I have a valid excuse for not trying it. I'm not familiar enough with DJI GO. Never use it.

What do you use?

Guessing litchi. I'm sticking to that myself

Neon Euc

Ive never used it.... I definitely need to learn it as I know lots of you guys on here like it

Hmm, that's odd. Mine (DJI Go) says v3.1.4 (2773) on the iPad.

Version 4.0.2 (DJI Go4) on the Android tablet.

AD

Litchi. Yes, Litchi. Always Litchi.
DJI GO is a must for toggling Smart RTH and for updating firmware. I don't use it for flying though. Too dangerous ;)

do you run them simultaneously then?

do you run them simultaneously then?

They're both installed on my Nexus 6 but I don't run them simultaneously. If I do open GO for some reason, I'll quit AND THEN force-close it.

If I do happen to forget to force-close DJI GO before starting Litchi, GO will simply crash on its own, which is good. Not sure if it works that way on all Android systems though.

Regardless, you never want both apps actually running simultaneously.

Got in a quick flight this morning with the P3S using DJI GO app v 3.1.3 on android. No issues.
RTH OK? I would rather see a few flights done before I try. Rumour is google maps is also back. Is that true?

Neon Euc

They're both installed on my Nexus 6 but I don't run them simultaneously. If I do open GO for some reason, I'll quit AND THEN force-close it.

If I do happen to forget to force-close DJI GO before starting Litchi, GO will simply crash on its own, which is good. Not sure if it works that way on all Android systems though.

Regardless, you never want both apps actually running simultaneously.

I have heard that GO does not run very well on Android devices.

I have never had an issue with GO in the few months that i have been flying - its just never given me any issue at all

RTH worked fine. Still using here maps.

I've been using the dji go app since I've been flying (only a couple months) but I've never really had any issues with it, with the exception of the recent wrong home point disasters. But that appears to be fixed for good.

I've heard good things about litchi, especially on an Android OS. I'll be looking to try it out pretty soon.

I have heard that GO does not run very well on Android devices.

There are literally tens of thousands of different Android devices out there from hundreds of manufacturers. Each of these manufacturers has a different take on what Android should be on their devices. Samsung is notorious for altering Android to suit their vision of what Android should look like and it works well for them and their customers. Problem is that it's very difficult to write software that's 100% compatible with all of these versions of Android.

Like any Android app, DJI GO and Litchi both have issues with some devices, not with others. My Nexus devices with barebones Android) run both these apps just fine. Samsung devices on the other hand are somewhat less compatible.

Litchi. Yes, Litchi. Always Litchi.
DJI GO is a must for toggling Smart RTH and for updating firmware. I don't use it for flying though. Too dangerous ;)
Don't need any app to update firmware, just an sd card

There are literally tens of thousands of different Android devices out there from hundreds of manufacturers. Each of these manufacturers has a different take on what Android should be on their devices. Samsung is notorious for altering Android to suit their vision of what Android should look like and it works well for them and their customers. Problem is that it's very difficult to write software that's 100% compatible with all of these versions of Android.

Like any Android app, DJI GO and Litchi both have issues with some devices, not with others. My Nexus devices with barebones Android) run both these apps just fine. Samsung devices on the other hand are somewhat less compatible.

Because of the ambiguity of Android that you outlined, I have stayed away for anything more serious than email.

I've heard good things about litchi, especially on an Android OS. I'll be looking to try it out pretty soon.
I'm pretty excited about the addition of ground-level altitude information (derived from Google Earth) when creating waypoints. Eliminates the cumbersome extra steps of creating a path in Google Earth and then importing to Litchi as a kml file. Also, there are always changes you want to make -- moving WPs around or adding them is problematic.

The new ground-relative altitude on waypoints makes mission planning in hilly/mountainous locales much much easier!

DJI Go 3.1.3 Crashes regularly for me on Nexus 6 running Android 7.0.1 after about 7 minutes of flight. It seems to be related to time, so I'll be digging through the logs tonight.

DJI Go 4, launches then crashes immediately.

Litchi is more stable and has much better waypoint mission management. The two things it doesn't do are save the video stream from the drone on the device and open up all of the calibration (IMU) interfaces.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl