Problems with Active Track and Follow me.

Reaction score
HI,
I have a Phantom 4 (standard). Drone works in every way except that I can't get Active Track or Follow me to work. Firmware is up to date. Running DJI Go 4 on iPad 9.7" pro under iOS 16.6

Active Track: I am wearing a bright neon yellow jacket against a green lawn. Exposure is correct and image looks great. I draw the green box, which then disappears with the message, "Tracking command timed out".

Follow me: I get an error message, "GPS signal too weak", which seems incorrect. I have 18 satellites and 5 bars and all the other GPS functionality works just fine.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thoughts?
Thanks
Jonathan

HI,
I have a Phantom 4 (standard). Drone works in every way except that I can't get Active Track or Follow me to work. Firmware is up to date. Running DJI Go 4 on iPad 9.7" pro under iOS 16.6

Active Track: I am wearing a bright neon yellow jacket against a green lawn. Exposure is correct and image looks great. I draw the green box, which then disappears with the message, "Tracking command timed out".

Follow me: I get an error message, "GPS signal too weak", which seems incorrect. I have 18 satellites and 5 bars and all the other GPS functionality works just fine.

Please let me know if you need more details.

Thoughts?
Thanks
Jonathan
If you are using an iPad without GPS, such as a wifi only iPad, you will see the “gps weak” error when trying to use the Follow Me feature. The 18 satellites you are seeing shown is what the AC sees with its own internal GPS. Follow Me also needs GPS in the mobile device connected to the RC. That’s how it knows roughly where the RC is located so it can follow. WiFi only iPads do not have their own GPS, so they do not work with Follow Me.

Active Track is different however. It uses optics so doesn’t need GPS in the mobile device. As such, it should work with a wifi only iPad. Are you in P mode and starting out 3-5 meters high, etc?

Hey Oso,

Thank you so much for that response. Excellent information. My iPad is WiFi only, so that would explain the issues with Follow Me. I'll test again with my iPhone.

As for Active Track, I definitely was in P mode and am pretty sure I was 3 to 5 meters high, but I will test that again as well.

Thanks!
Jonathan

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl