Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Whistling sound when using right stick

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision + Discussion' started by neoneo, May 13, 2014.

1. neoneo

I'm getting a high pitched whistling sound when i fully push the right stick in any direction. its not loud when the drone is close. but at the same time i can hear it from 100ft up and out. a high pitched whistling sound. it just started today. She flies as good as new.
    any ideas? should i be worried? no noise when I'm stationary or moving normally.

2. gecarey

My P2 is doing the same thing, But mine is doing pivot turns as well.... still working through the issue on this end, let me know if you come up with anything

3. Dirty Bird

Do you have any prop damage?

4. neoneo

mine didn't start until i starting pivoting a lot. i usually don't pivot much but in the past 2 days i have been to simulate a a ufo. thats when it started.

Props are in perfect condition (other than some bug blood). never damaged

i just took the props off and ran the motors and I'm not getting the same sound. only during flying
    should i be worried

5. neoneo

mine pretty much stopped for today. lets keep each other updated. we can't be the only ones experiencing this.

6. BlackTracer

Mine whistles also sometimes. I haven't checked when exactly it does it but it flies just fine. Has to be the props tho cause if I fire it up indoors with no props and move sticks all around it doesn't whistle. Has to be an harmonic or the like with a prop or two. I am not worried about it. I might try switching out 1 prop at a time then testing to see if I can isolate it to a prop.

7. MattUNI2001

I've heard mine whistle as well, but I've had zero flight issues. It flies so smoothly that it almost brings a tear to my eye.