Whistling noise

the best you can do with the motors is keep them clean by blowing them out, dirt will destroy them sand even faster if your able to disassemble them you can add a drop of light machine oil to the bearings, you can access the bottom one easily without disassembly but the top one will require removal of the bell. the bearings have a metal shield on them, but light machine oil will wick into it between the shield and inner race. I have successfully removed metal shields and reinstalled them on larger bearings these bearings are small and could be a task to get out clean and reinstall clean, but you will be just fine letting oil wick in. get a temp gun and see if your motors are getting hot after some run time mine never get above 100*F even running 4 batteries back to back

I'm getting a high pitched whistling noise from my P3S. It just started after 2.5 hours of flight time. It wasn't present before. All of the research I've did is all over the place from a nicked prop to bearing failure, the majority said it was normal. The temp on all motors feel the same. When it was idling on the ground I did notice one prop seemed to be rotating slower than the others. Any thoughts or feedback on this high pitched whistle would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
My p3s started to whine like a dentist drill after a few hours. My P3P does not even though it has many more hours of flight. I've noticed that everyone reporting the same whistling it's a P3S. Could it be the P3P has better motors?

My p3s started to whine like a dentist drill after a few hours. My P3P does not even though it has many more hours of flight. I've noticed that everyone reporting the same whistling it's a P3S. Could it be the P3P has better motors?
All P3 variants have the same motors, either model 2312 or the later 2312A, so no, that's not a possibility. The P3S was only ever fitted with the later 2312A motors as it was launched later.

My P3P has a slight whistle - but its start coincided exactly with when I fitted some external components to the outside of it (a front LED headlight and control circuit board). It's never got better, nor worse, and I'm too lazy to take the components off to see if it goes away. :)

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor