Whistling noise

View attachment 88214 View attachment 88215 hi yip good price for motor,i do hope you motor works seems there a few motors around that can damage your board,like above post say some are not compatible even though they look same,have a check of mounting screws at base ,couple of sorts
As long as you get the right motor model # correct, there is zero issues. The original 2312 will fry a 2312A board. So, just get a 2312A and no worries. ;)

Not sure what you're getting at. This is the P3 Standard forum. I have a P3 Standard. I presume, based on your photo, I have the 800kv motors which is the newest iteration.

Not sure what you're getting at. This is the P3 Standard forum. I have a P3 Standard. I presume, based on your photo, I have the 800kv motors which is the newest iteration.
Omg i am so sorry all this time i have asumed you was flyin p3a,what a womble,very sorry for adding confusion,,:( my womble moment ,i got the dunce cap on,i delete my womble posting,sorry mate for bein pain in the butt

LOL. It's all good, my friend. No worries. What are you trying to get at? Maybe I can still help...

LOL. It's all good, my friend. No worries. What are you trying to get at? Maybe I can still help...
Was just reading about motors thats why i post about motor not bein compatible with p3a but it p3s,just from posts in the past of people changing motors and they not work but sound like you got it sorted,chuck a update out when you change motor ,this whistle issue interesting,been following,,like said early ,i thought this was normal noise ,i had from new with all my phantoms,i line them up and play a tune ha,best of luck and hope you back in the air soon

Reactions: Squirrel!
I presume the whistling went away? I hope so for a $100!

I got mine off of eBay:

ORDER DATE
May 08, 2016

ORDER TOTAL
US $10.00
See description
Order DJI Phantom 3 Advanced ADV Drone - NEW Counter Clockwise Motor 2312A CCW 800kVView similar itemsView seller's other items
More actions
1 item sold by rc-parts4you
p.jpg

DJI Phantom 3 Advanced ADV Drone - NEW Counter Clockwise Motor 2312A CCW 800kV
( 151996754539 )

Add note
ITEM PRICE:
US $10.00
thanx brother I didn't have a whistle issue, my motors were damaged by the previous owner who installed very long screws into some cheap prop guards. gonna order 2 more of each to have on hand if I don't end up using them for the drone I can always use them in a plane build, I build a lot of RC planes

Reactions: Squirrel!
Was just reading about motors thats why i post about motor not bein compatible with p3a but it p3s,just from posts in the past of people changing motors and they not work but sound like you got it sorted,chuck a update out when you change motor ,this whistle issue interesting,been following,,like said early ,i thought this was normal noise ,i had from new with all my phantoms,i line them up and play a tune ha,best of luck and hope you back in the air soon
Yeah, DJI uses the same motor for all the P3 line now. The ones messing up were the ones getting the older motor style.

Ianzone I got this with my motors it also tells what board to look for with what motors to use
20170906_181654.jpg

Ianzone I got this with my motors it also tells what board to look for with what motors to use View attachment 88222
Ha choice that print should be with all drone boxs,mine not have,,i did post a picture of those ,but i delete cause he had right one,,that was my dunce cap moment ,i got crossed somewhere and thought it was p3a,,dddduuuuhhhh,was to early,thanks again :)

Reactions: epicdoom
Ha choice that print should be with all drone boxs,mine not have,,i did post a picture of those ,but i delete cause he had right one,,that was my dunce cap moment ,i got crossed somewhere and thought it was p3a,,dddduuuuhhhh,was to early,thanks again :)

Unfortunately there is a lot of information not supplied with our High dollar toys. This would be DJI control, no info means more drones sent in for repair. also I suspect they are concerned with copycat issues. I get it that they don't want a lot of info out because of copycat drones, but they for some reason fail to realize just about everything can be reverse engineered. Ive seen guys on the net grind off epoxy and read programmed chips to steal the programming inside. shops in china pop up daily to do just that. I also Fly RC planes and over the last 20 years the knock offs that have hit the market are astronomical. you just didn't know anymore if your getting the real deal so I started learning how to program started out with easy PIC micro chips moved into better Atmel chipsets. I have two RC systems I engineered for personal use one is IR system the other 900mHz I developed both the Transmitter and receivers up to 4 channel for Indoor flight. Did all the chip programming home made PCB etching the whole 9 yards. learned how over a winter on the internet. had considered having mass produced systems for Home build RC plane builders, but at the time everything that hit the market was copied within a months time and being sold for fractions of the cost. you just cant compete with that. I abandoned it and only build personal systems for me I've saved a ton of money on RC gear lol

A little late to the game but I'll play. Had what seemed to be the identical issue with my P3S a few weeks ago. A sudden onset of NOT the usual DJI whistle but a faint whistle that was brand new and had a bit of "wobble" to its pitch. Recording the sound didn't work. It is faint and easily washed out by the prop wash when recorded. No doubt it was new and very different. Lots of investigating with prop changes and ultimately doing a careful hand spin test on each motor, I was able to detect the faintest difference in sound from the rotation of 1 motor. Further inspection by carefully leveraging the props yielded the tiniest amount of axial play that could be felt in the same motor. Even though the aircraft was brand new at about 2 weeks old, rather than waiting on a potentially catastrophic bearing failure as well as DJI notorious POS warranty service, I replaced the motor myself and made the correct connection on the solder pads at the circuit board. The problem is solved, wobbly whistle is gone.

At some point, I intend to tear down the offending motor and attempt a bearing replacement like guys were doing with the 2312 motors. I just haven't had the time or motivation, yet.

I'm getting a high pitched whistling noise from my P3S. It just started after 2.5 hours of flight time. It wasn't present before. All of the research I've did is all over the place from a nicked prop to bearing failure, the majority said it was normal. The temp on all motors feel the same. When it was idling on the ground I did notice one prop seemed to be rotating slower than the others. Any thoughts or feedback on this high pitched whistle would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Mine has had the whine/whistle from day one. I'd say it's normal.

Oh Yes! I heard it as soon as the video started.
Seems real clear at about 3-8 seconds.
It sounds like a 10Khz "ringing" although it is not a bell, just the sound.
Try removing the props and running the motors at speed rather than idle and see if the sound is still there.

Reactions: Newbieguy
I have a P3 4K and P4 and when I first started flying the P3 last year I heard a high-pitched whistling. I immediately read the user's manual which stated something like the sonar emits a high pitched whistle and to not fly around dogs because it hurts their ears. Not everyone can hear it but I hear high pitched sounds.

I have a P3 4K and P4 and when I first started flying the P3 last year I heard a high-pitched whistling. I immediately read the user's manual which stated something like the sonar emits a high pitched whistle and to not fly around dogs because it hurts their ears. Not everyone can hear it but I hear high pitched sounds.
Funny you mention this as I was out flying a local park this morning a lady with her dog came up to me and warned me here Dog will attack my drone and that when the dog is close to it the dog whines and gets agitated. I assured her I wouldn't fly need the animal and that Id tell her when I was landing so she could leash him up from a distance.

Just a thought, I would (and do) use a oven IR sensing temperature probe to check motor temps while they are running. Brand is craftsman 82327 non-contact infrared thermometer

Vps produces a mecanical clicking which is audible to animals,works like sonar :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor