Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Where to fly in Goodyear, AZ

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LPilot, Apr 12, 2015.

1. LPilot

Going on a trip to Arizona and hoping to take my Phantom 2 to get some shots in. Called a few parks in the area and they say drones aren't allowed. I was looking for suggestions of good places to fly in the area.

2. Stanza_guy

Hi LPilot -

There are plenty of places on east side (Mesa, Tempe, Chandler area) where I live which I'd be happy to share with a PM. That's assuming you're willing to drive 45 mins or so to reach the east end of the valley.

Sorry, I don't know much about the west side. There's a nice nuclear power plant which I'm sure would be thrilled to see you fly over...

#2 Stanza_guy, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  3. azisbest

There is a state park probably an hour from Goodyear called Picacho Peak state park. Drones are welcome and you can get some great shots with craggy topography and lots of saguaros. Btw, what parks said you couldn't fly?

4. LPilot

Thanks, that sounds great. I'll definitely look into that.

I called White Tank Mountain. And the guy said I wasn't allowed to fly anywhere in the area. That was really close to the hotel I will be in so it was very convenient. Do you have any idea if that's just a technicality or is it strictly enforced?

5. azisbest

Another place you might try is a bit closer to Goodyear: Lake Pleasant. There are lots of cactus and interesting topography there in addition to the lake itself. I am not sure about the rules up there vis a vis drones but I would be surprised if you had any trouble. Be sure and post some pics!

6. SilentAV8R

One issue with the Goodyear area is you have Goodyear airport and Luke Air Force Base out there. Not to mention Glendale airport. Some busy airspace out there.

7. Quadzilla65

People fly at goodyear ballpark on estrella parkway

ALL e RC likes this.
  8. LuvMyTJ

LuvMyTJ ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

On that Estrella Parkway check out the really cool Estrella Star Tower. I was there last year but didn't have my Phantom with me. Lots of open land.

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_5993.jpg

IMG_6099.jpg

IMG_6121.jpg

IMG_6095.jpg