Where do you buy the updated parts ?

bouvier said:
The good news, the V.2 ESC's are installed for a long time in the vision, look in, if V2 is available on the ESC's bottom, where the Elko, then the new haste already. The chance is very high.

What is the "Elko" ?
Hard to tell which is which. The DJI picture shows the white label on the esc as having V2 on it -

but on all the pics of new ones ive seen the v2 is missing from the white label. They do however have a V2 printed on the circuit board..

eg if you look on this site, it has both versions and pics are the same, no V2 on white label and both have V2 on circuit board - http://www.rc711.com/shop/advanced_sear ... sc&x=0&y=0

Really don't want to spend £60 on esc's if I dont have to. Had my p2z since april. Must be another way to tell them apart.

Also this post from rcforums from DJI Support/testing? Shows a new V2 esc, again no V2 on the white sticker but has a V2 on the board - http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2281033

Attachments

• PHANTOM-2-V2-ESC.jpg
    PHANTOM-2-V2-ESC.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 443
msinger said:
bouvier said:
The compass can be probably not so readily exchange. In the "old" Vision Plus, he is connected to the GPS module and the V3.0 on the motherboard. To what extent is compatible with the plug, I do not know.
Poor translation or the compass is not compatible with the original Phantom 2 Vision+? I hope it's not the latter :(

Looks like it's the latter... In the DroneCamp video he explains that the Compass/Landing gear has two different part numbers for P2/Vision or Vision Plus...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdpfhHgAM9Q[/youtube]

DBS said:
Looks like it's the latter... In the DroneCamp video he explains that the Compass/Landing gear has two different part numbers for P2/Vision or Vision Plus...
It looks like he was just pointing out the two part numbers. He did not say it won't work with the original Phantom 2 Vision+ though. Mine should be here tomorrow, so I'll follow up after I try to install it.

msinger said:
DBS said:
It looks like he was just pointing out the two part numbers. He did not say it won't work with the original Phantom 2 Vision+ though. Mine should be here tomorrow, so I'll follow up after I try to install it.

Landing gear of the + are a bit longer...

-slinger

DBS said:
gunslinger said:
Landing gear of the + are a bit longer...

-slinger

So if you bought part #16 your phantom's gonna have the gangsta lean... :cool:

Yo... Tali... s'up *****..? :D

-slinger

Phantom_Menace66 said:
Waste of time buying a 'new' compass... I think it's exactly the same as the old one except it is coated in 10c worth of plastic 'shielding :lol: '.
So, you think DJI is being deceptive? Trying to entice people to buy stuff they don't need? I don't buy that.

The shielding is good that's if I know how to find substitute materials to shield my current one. It's just easier to buy and replace.

Well... I said I would update on my order from DroneCamps...

Ordered Saturday.... got this email today...

We shipped today:
3 x Phantom 2 Vision ESC Part 7 (Version 2.0)
2 x Phantom 2 9450 Self-tightening Propellers (1CW+1CCW) - Part 12

UPS TRACKING NUMBER: 1Z6696Xxxxxxx

We will ship later
2 x Phantom 2 - 2312 Motor (CCW) - Part 10
2 x Phantom 2 - 2312 Motor (CW) - Part 11
1 x Phantom 2 Vision ESC Part 7 (Version 2.0)

Fly Safe!

Justin Davis, Owner/Ceo

Kinda bummed but I knew I was taking a chance when somebody doesn't list what's in stock and what's not... I guess the waiting starts now

Also bummed there is no eta on back ordered parts...

Live and learn I guess... :(

DBS said:

We shipped today:

We will ship later

Fly Safe!

Justin Davis, Owner/Ceo

Kinda bummed but I knew I was taking a chance when somebody doesn't list what's in stock and what's not... I guess the waiting starts now

Same here, i guess the 2312 motors aren't delivered anywhere so far.
Always think positive DBS, it would be a real bummer that everything was shipped except that one esc V2 :D
I wait to upgrade till i see some reports of it.

What I would like to find is the new shielding that DJI is using in the updated Vision +.

Before you assume that you need upgraded ESC's for the new motors, open your Phantom and check the version on your current ESC's. DJI has made it sound like most V2+'s shipped with the V2.0 ESC'S.

DBS said:

We shipped today:

We will ship later

Fly Safe!

Justin Davis, Owner/Ceo

Yep, I was afraid of that. If they don't list stock, they don't have it. DBS, are you sure you don't already have the v2.0 ESCs? Don't you have to lift out your existing ESCs to find out? I know they have been factory installing those on the V+ for some time now, even before the announcement about the new parts.

varmint said:
Yep, I was afraid of that. If they don't list stock, they don't have it. DBS, are you sure you don't already have the v2.0 ESCs? Don't you have to lift out your existing ESCs to find out? I know they have been factory installing those on the V+ for some time now, even before the announcement about the new parts.

Pretty sure I don't have version 2 ESC's... my Phantom is first release model pre-ordered when DDM was still awaiting first shipment in April...

No big deal I guess... it's about time to do this tune up anyway with a couple hundred flights on this thing and one motor showing pretty sluggish resistance... probly a sticky bearing... I'll wait it out and do the swap and then rebuild the old set with new bearings for a backup set.

I emailed Justin at the place where DBS ordered his parts a few days ago and got a response today. I had asked about upgraded parts in stock and he pretty much confirmed how it went for DBS. He said he has some in stock and the rest should be in next shipment. Btw, I had NO luck in calling his shop as I got voice mail each time with no answer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl