What's been announced so far:

No spark that everyone was so eager for (not me) whats so special about this $1000 controller??

Quite a bit if you fly professionally and/or in complicated situations. Programmable buttons allow you to access features without having to navigate through the app. For camera settings alone, that is great. Dials you can use to set trims on the flight controls and/or gimbal which are great for smooth shots.

Beyond that: SDI output. Swappable antenna connections. Swappable batteries.

Although I'm sure the FAA wouldn't care for them, remember pictures of old photography using View Cameras with the black cloths...
That's what I have to do, a black large t shirt over my head and contoller - even with a hood and a matte type finish for my mini 2. Crazy, still moving to darker places at times though if i don't have the shirt.

You can now get good customer service for a year for the low low price of $4900 with DJI circle. Lol. It's basically a pay to be a VIP plan. Lol. Only DJI and people will buy it too.
Wow! Pretty steep price for renting batteries on location from DJI! :eek:

Quite a bit if you fly professionally and/or in complicated situations. Programmable buttons allow you to access features without having to navigate through the app. For camera settings alone, that is great. Dials you can use to set trims on the flight controls and/or gimbal which are great for smooth shots.

Beyond that: SDI output. Swappable antenna connections. Swappable batteries.
Wish it were P4P compatible...But can you program any button to acknowledge the GEO Enhanced Warning Zones, without taking hands off the sticks? :rolleyes:

Wish it were P4P compatible...But can you program any button to acknowledge the GEO Enhanced Warning Zones, without taking hands off the sticks? :rolleyes:

When I was at NAB, DJI hinted there will be another version for p4p later. The controller communications board is modular, allowing any type of communications to be supported, kinda like the HDMI module, but larger. The controller sticks, sliders, wheels and knobs would be the same, but the communications module would be different.

Reactions: GraceIsTheKey
When I was at NAB, DJI hinted there will be another version for p4p later. The controller communications board is modular, allowing any type of communications to be supported, kinda like the HDMI module, but larger. The controller sticks, sliders, wheels and knobs would be the same, but the communications module would be different.
If they won't allow programming buttons to acknowledge the GEO Enhanced Warning Zones on the current version, it is doubtful they will on a P4P version. They could actually do that now, with the existing C1 and C2 buttons on the standard remotes, whenever a EWZ GEO message pops up, requiring modal dialog box interaction, and three precise checks in three separate checkboxes to remove it. Alas, Brendan has no interest in a safe, touch-free flying experience, and seems to like forcing users to ruin their shots and crash into things, by forcing removal of their hands from the controls while in flight, in order to hide large FPV-obstructing black boxes in the middle of the FPV screen! So much for enhancing safety with GEO! :eek: :rolleyes::(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT