What's been announced so far:

The only thing I see of interest to Phantom owners might be:
CrystalSky will be available soon in three configurations: a 5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469 (USD); a 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699 (USD); and a 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999 (USD)

No information to determine whether these will be closed systems like the P4 pro+.

The only thing I see of interest to Phantom owners might be:
CrystalSky will be available soon in three configurations: a 5.5-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $469 (USD); a 7.85-inch, 1000 cd/m2 version for $699 (USD); and a 7.85-inch, 2000 cd/m2 version for $999 (USD)

No information to determine whether these will be closed systems like the P4 pro+.
I'm a Phantom owner, and a Mavic owner, and an Inspire owner so some Phantom owners do care.

You can now get good customer service for a year for the low low price of $4900 with DJI circle. Lol. It's basically a pay to be a VIP plan. Lol. Only DJI and people will buy it too.

No spark that everyone was so eager for (not me) whats so special about this $1000 controller??

Nothing for Phantom users .. Cendence is compatible with DJI’s Matrice 200 and Inspire 2 drones
But you can plug in the Tracktenna (no price available).
I heard it was mentioned to work with Mavic OcuSync at their press release, but the website doesn't say that. Maybe they made an error at their verbal announcement where they mentioned Ocu-Sync compatibility. $999 for Cendence, I'm not sure why anyone would want to use it with Mavic.

Last edited:

I would bet money they are closed systems, no 3rd party apps. I think that's why they released an accessory clip that's compatible with the Crystal Sky base with detachable display.

upload_2017-4-23_20-15-36.png

At $469.00 for the 5.5" Crystalsky, no thank you. But in less than a year probably go for half that. Might be worth it then,but not now.

They've updated their FAQ and it makes it clear now.
That and the price should limit sales for a tablet that won't fit your backpack.
I'll keep squinting and looking for a shady tree for a flying location where possible
Someday Apple or Samsung will release a daylight readable tablet. I've gotta believe there are other outdoor applications that need this, not just drones.

I guess I'll keep using trees also, along with my dorky looking Brockumbrella and Hi Aerial hood to see my iPad. I was so wishing DJI would outsource the CrystalSky display from a real tablet vendor that understands Android OS.

Was hoping for news on the FPV headset that was announced some time ago now - anybody heard what's up with that item?

Someday Apple or Samsung will release a daylight readable tablet. I've gotta believe there are other outdoor applications that need this, not just drones.

I guess I'll keep using trees also, along with my dorky looking Brockumbrella and Hi Aerial hood to see my iPad. I was so wishing DJI would outsource the CrystalSky display from a real tablet vendor that understands Android OS.

I'm almost tempted to buy one of those Brockumbrellas as a gag gift for a friend...hey, if it works, right!

Although I'm sure the FAA wouldn't care for them, remember pictures of old photography using View Cameras with the black cloths...

I'm almost tempted to buy one of those Brockumbrellas as a gag gift for a friend...hey, if it works, right!
It actually works good if there's no wind. However you need to hide from the public because you really look like a dork wearing it. No worse than my dorky looking Headplay googles. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20