what transmitter to use with Black Pearl RC801 (32ch)

Reaction score
i've already got the Black Pearl RC801 & an ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter, but am only getting a respectable picture upto 260metres (which isn't enough). I'm assuming this is due to the compatibility issue with the 32ch Black Pearl, so what transmitter will work with it & what wattage do it need. I only intend to fly 500-600metres

ps there must be a plug'n'play lead available for it

many thanks

p fandango said:
i've already got the Black Pearl RC801 & an ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter, but am only getting a respectable picture upto 260metres (which isn't enough). I'm assuming this is due to the compatibility issue with the 32ch Black Pearl, so what transmitter will work with it & what wattage do it need. I only intend to fly 500-600metres

ps there must be a plug'n'play lead available for it

many thanks
There could be multiple reasons. Are you using the stock antennas on both ends? What about antenna placement?

Anyway, try the TS353 if you're convinced it's a comparability issue that you have.

dptcalvin said:
There could be multiple reasons. Are you using the stock antennas on both ends? What about antenna placement?

Anyway, try the TS353 if you're convinced it's a comparability issue that you have.
i'm already using ImmersionRC Spironet antenna's on both receiver & transmitter. I'm just going on the fact it should get further than it is, & alot of people say they don't work well together

i'll look up the TS353 thanks

I had the same problem with the two. Only getting 200m max. Before you change something try playing round with the channels on the vtx to determine the best one (I found channel 1 gave me best range at 200-250m with channel 7 only giving about 100m) And I was using a 12db directional which was just awful range... The way I went round it was to put an immersion duo receiver on the back of my black pearl, powering it of the dc out from the black pearl. Boosted my range straight up to 500m with a 25mw vtx. Its a bit more pricey than a new VTX however it allows you to run the immersion and fatshark vtxs and is a higher sensitivity than the black pearl receivers.

https://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/recei ... -diversity

For the better sensitivity I think its worth the extra £40 over a new 600mw

Joesrevolution said:
I had the same problem with the two. Only getting 200m max. Before you change something try playing round with the channels on the vtx to determine the best one (I found channel 1 gave me best range at 200-250m with channel 7 only giving about 100m) And I was using a 12db directional which was just awful range... The way I went round it was to put an immersion duo receiver on the back of my black pearl, powering it of the dc out from the black pearl. Boosted my range straight up to 500m with a 25mw vtx. Its a bit more pricey than a new VTX however it allows you to run the immersion and fatshark vtxs and is a higher sensitivity than the black pearl receivers.

https://www.firstpersonview.co.uk/recei ... -diversity

For the better sensitivity I think its worth the extra £40 over a new 600mw
thanks for the idea, but Boscam 400mx vtx are only £17 on ebay so got to be worth a try at that price. Must admit i haven't even tried changing channels yet (currently F6) so might try it while i'm waiting for the TS353

does anyone know where i can get a Boscam pnp cable (uk preferably)

i'd never seen one before, but found out Flysight/Black Pearl make there own transmit. It is dear, but am tempted to splash out as i'm assuming they must be 100%. Are they any good

did a variation on Joesrevolution's idea & bought a ImmersionRC Uno, bad weather again here so only a quick flight. After realising i'd got the monitor in the wrong mode, it did look very promising. Had to order an adaptor to fit my clowerleaf onto the Uno & will be able to try it properly then

p fandango said:
did a variation on Joesrevolution's idea & bought a ImmersionRC Uno, bad weather again here so only a quick flight. After realising i'd got the monitor in the wrong mode, it did look very promising. Had to order an adaptor to fit my clowerleaf onto the Uno & will be able to try it properly then
Fingers crossed :)

Hey fandango, I have the same RC801 and use FlySight's 400mw transmitter. On Band E channel 8, I'm getting 800+ meters with a stock antenna on the transmitter and one stock and one 10dbi panel antenna on the RC801. This pairing works great together. Looking to upgrade antennas soon.

thanks for the advice, i've saved a flysight receiver in my shop but was quite happy with the range out of the Uno this afternoon. Only went 390metres but no sign of any real break-up in the picture at all

Duane, I think the problem lies elsewhere. Drop me a message and I'll run it by you to test before making any public assumptions.

What version Uno did you get? I may give this a whirl too.

p fandango said:
thanks for the advice, i've saved a flysight receiver in my shop but was quite happy with the range out of the Uno this afternoon. Only went 390metres but no sign of any real break-up in the picture at all

Good to hear its been working well :)

I am getting 800m in a hilly area with no break up atall. Hope to push further soon.

I see you have the newer v4 version, I have the v2. I should get my adapter for the SMA to try it out tomorrow night. How are you powering up your Uno? Are you using the DC out of the BP RC801?

I thought there was a replacement battery pack for the BP RC801 that allowed extended operation use. I can't seem to find it listed on the internet. Good to hear you're happy with your combo. Do you have any photos of your setup? I'm thinking velcro :|

p fandango said:
Cebu said:
What version Uno did you get? I may give this a whirl too.
this is the one i bought http://www.buildyourowndrone.co.uk/imme ... eiver.html

Cebu said:
I see you have the newer v4 version, I have the v2. I should get my adapter for the SMA to try it out tomorrow night. How are you powering up your Uno? Are you using the DC out of the BP RC801?
i had to get a sma gender adaptor as well, a few people suggested putting a bit of wire in but thought i'd go the proper way. As for power yes, i bought a small 5.5mm to 5.5mm lead & plug straight into the Black Pearl's dc output, annoying that the output socket isn't controlled by the BP's power button so have to unplug the lead to turn the Uno off

I thought there was a replacement battery pack for the BP RC801 that allowed extended operation use. I can't seem to find it listed on the internet. Good to hear you're happy with your combo. Do you have any photos of your setup? I'm thinking velcro :|
i'll get a pic later for you, but its velcro'd onto the back of the BP. Battery life of the BP isn't affected by the Uno much tbh

Does anyone have any idea how this vRX (assuming when used with an IRC vtx) compares in quality and range with a BP 7 channel. I have this and find it quite acceptable with helix and spironet antennas. Curious as to whether the Uno would give a step up in quality.

Also in this comparison, with the Uno don't you lose the advantage of running two classes of antenna (and two vrxs) to optimise range ?

Hughie said:
Also in this comparison, with the Uno don't you lose the advantage of running two classes of antenna (and two vrxs) to optimise range ?
yes the Uno is only single receiver, their is a double version called the Duo but alot more expensive. I use the single Spironet antenna on it & had no issues

p fandango said:
Hughie said:
yes the Uno is only single receiver, their is a double version called the Duo but alot more expensive. I use the single Spironet antenna on it & had no issues
Nice to know. Thanks.

Cebu said:
Do you have any photos of your setup? I'm thinking velcro :|
sorry for the delay, i've just got my dvr working so have velcro'd that on as well. I'm hoping to get my bro to my some shorter wiring to tidy it up a bit more

IMG_2434_zpsd8ovmxmg.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT