what transmitter to use with Black Pearl RC801 (32ch)

Nice setup. Even with your DVR it looks cleaner than mine. I'm searching around for a 3.5 to 3.5 cable that I can plug my display to the Uno. I currently have 3.5 to RCA plugs and using adapters, It's a kluge of cables. If you know of a source please pass it on.

On a side note I just ordered the Black Pearl 7 channel receiver display. I wanted to see for myself if it made any difference versus the 32 channel model. I've read the 32 channel didn't quite match up well with the ImmersionRC 600mW transmitter.

This hobby is becoming like my motorcycle, always something else to buy.

Cebu said:
Nice setup. Even with your DVR it looks cleaner than mine. I'm searching around for a 3.5 to 3.5 cable that I can plug my display to the Uno. I currently have 3.5 to RCA plugs and using adapters, It's a kluge of cables. If you know of a source please pass it on.

On a side note I just ordered the Black Pearl 7 channel receiver display. I wanted to see for myself if it made any difference versus the 32 channel model. I've read the 32 channel didn't quite match up well with the ImmersionRC 600mw
thanks, it has came out better than expected but still want the wires shortening if i can get him to do it. This is the 3.5 to 3.5 jack lead i've got (sorry i'm in the UK) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261388575238? ... EBIDX%3AIT

interesting to see if the 7channel works

Thanks for the link I used your links description as my search term in Amazon and found quite a few offerings. I ordered a short cable with the right angle.

I'll let you know how the 7 channel BP performed.

Cebu said:
Thanks for the link I used your links description as my search term in Amazon and found quite a few offerings. I ordered a short cable with the right angle.

I'll let you know how the 7 channel BP performed.
what you do have to watch out for is the amount of terminals/poles on the 3.5mm plug, my dvr is mono-audio so uses a 3 terminal/pole plug. I tried using a 4terminal/pole lead & couldn't get a picture because they are wired different. Both the Uno & the BP use 4terminal/pole 3.5mm plugs

p fandango,

My BP 7 channel came in today, it's a good thing I bought extra SMA adapters as the antenna inputs were opposite of the BP 32 channel. I didn't want to wait till this Sunday to test it out so I did another night flight. I can say in my case the 7 channel performed much better than the 32 channel. I also noticed the the diversity antennas seemed to be switching back and forth depending on how close or far the bird was from me. The 32 channel for whatever reason favored the "right side" antenna. I even swapped antenna placement and it still favored the right side. I'm using the FPVLR antenna kit.

I still intend on testing the Uno V2 out this Sunday but with the combination of Black Pearl RC801, ImmersionRC 600mW and the FPVLR antennas I'm fairly satisfied already. I also bought a 3S Lipo battery and charger, I may rig up the Black Pearl to use the external battery. I may try out the AVL-58 transmitter again to see how well it works with the 7 channel BP. I haven't used double sided tape yet to secure my transmitter so swapping between the two is easy enough.

I have a question.. what is the orientation of your transmitter antenna? is it pointing directly down? at an angle down? mounted pointing up?

p fandango said:
thanks, it has came out better than expected but still want the wires shortening if i can get him to do it. This is the 3.5 to 3.5 jack lead i've got (sorry i'm in the UK) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261388575238? ... EBIDX%3AIT

interesting to see if the 7channel works

keep us posted, interested to see how the BP 7, 32 & Uno compare to each other

i've got a 90degree joint to make the antenna point straight down

IMG_2439_zpsae4ezqbq.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr