What happened to the tutorials?

Phantasmic said:
gunslinger said:
I've just put up some of the recently removed DJI instructional videos...

http://droneslinger.com

Select "YouTube Vid" then select "DJI Instructional"

I wonder how long it will be before you receive a DMCA takedown notice.

I've gotten my balls busted by various individuals over the years for putting up material that they took exception to. In some cases, I was allowed to keep it up as long as I linked to their commercial websites. In other cases... not so much.

These videos are easily available on YouTube to be viewed by anyone. All they have to do is pull the plug on the video itself, and my link is useless. I'm not harboring the material, I'm simply linking to it.

I suspect what Colin may have done is to make his videos private after he was booted. If you take a look at some of the tutorials on DroneFly, there are a number of them that are now marked private and are no longer viewable...

-slinger

My concern is if they are losing their North American arm, will they still be selling and "supporting" products in North America. I put "supporting" because from what I can gather, they never really did. Possibly a reason for the shake up?

Pull_Up said:
Not losing it, changing it. You now have a service and support centre in LA with telephone support...

Sounds like they're changing it for the better. What that has to do with Colin's departure is, at this point, anybody's guess... :?

gunslinger said:
[quote="Sounds like they're changing it for the better. What that has to do with Colin's departure is, at this point, anybody's guess... :?

You know there was a video on YouTube where Colin is giving Dronfly a tour of their headquarters. The place looked nice with tons of space. Most rooms had people in them for taking calls, repairs, videos and stuff. I'm thinking to myself at the time why everyone was complaining about service because the video sure made it look like they were there to "help" but maybe it was just smoke and mirrors. Maybe they got tired of all the flash but no production.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf9H3HpqQVA[/youtube]

Watching that video of the walk round of Colin's offices had the opposite effect of their tutorial videos. It was grandstanding and I now realise why that annoyed a lot of people.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Watching that video of the walk round of Colin's offices had the opposite effect of their tutorial videos. It was grandstanding and I now realise why that annoyed a lot of people.

I saw that vid and I was going to add it to my website... But... It annoyed me... :) :D :lol:

Phantasmic said:
Super-D said:
gunslinger said:
I'm thinking to myself at the time why everyone was complaining about service because the video sure made it look like they were there to "help" but maybe it was just smoke and mirrors.

I spoke with had email contact with some of those folks so not all of it was smoke and mirrors.

Dude... With all due respect. That's not my quote.

-slinger

I download an app called MCTube and recorded all of Collin's videos. Great and Easy App to use.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl