What do I buy please

Reaction score
As a beginner I would like some advice please on what to buy.

Whatever it is it would just be for occasional use, I would welcome some good pix.

As it’s not for constant use it would be nice if it was also easy to operate!

I don’t have great open spaces locally so would like steadiness of flight.

Was thinking of a good used Phantom 3 or 4. (what are the differences)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received

Reactions: dirkclod
P4P has the best camera, and obstacle avoidance, the P3 pro is also an excellent choice, depends on how much you value the quality of the pictures, you will not be disappointed with either model. If the budget will stretch to a P4P then gor that.

There are constant rumours about a new Mavic or P5, which would lead to many P4s for sale at reduced prices.
The Mavic air is also getting very good reviews.

Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.95983

Reactions: pandora
Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

You can compare all of DJI's current consumer drones here. That should help you narrow down your choice.

For your needs......I think a Phantom P3 Standard would work just fine for you....low cost and a great entry level drone !
And extra Dji OEM batterys are around $100.00 on Amazon.com

Many thanks MCM, about 2 hours previously I bought exactly what you recommended, nice to know I've gone the right way!!
Am looking around for suitable pic viewer now.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Pandora...Im happy that you got that one...its a great Fun entry level drone....If you ever come to a point that your not sure about something in the owners manual......please start a thread here and let US all help you....its best not to try the "quick start" method to get in the air.......read read and re read that manual and leave it In Beginners mode....till you become efficient in a safe drone flights !.....you wont be able to even start the motors till its activated with Dji.........that starts your year warranty !

Congrats on your new bird! I’m sure you will love it. I love my P3S and IMO is a better drone than the P4. The only ones I like more are the P3P because of the camera and avoidance features. And obviously the inspire line. They are just plan cool. Not knocking the P4 just my personal opinion on the different models.

Many thanks to all.
Am now sat beside the letter box waiting!
ps; do I understand there are no chargers supplied with the P3 STANDARD

do I understand there are no chargers supplied with the P3 STANDARD
If you purchased a brand new P3S, here's what you'll find in the box:

InBox.jpg

I would also back the p3 say 4k good drone fairly Easley to control good pics, and you can find them on eBay in packages with extra batteries and supplies...for around 600.00 or less...

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual
What a nice link TJ but i think it will confuse him with the features that he's not going to have !......looks like he 's got a P3 S ordered. In my post above...he writes me he ordered what i had recommended !

What a nice link TJ but i think it will confuse him with the features that he's not going to have !......looks like he 's got a P3 S ordered. In my post above...he writes me he ordered what i had recommended !
The link to the GoApp will probably go away as it is so often changed and DJI never updates the video. I include it in all my welcoming post as a courtesy.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
At this point, you really shouldn't be paying more than $300 for a P3 Standard, so get one used and that will let you sell it and move onto a different drone without losing money. If you buy it new and you go to sell it, don't expect to get much more than $300 for it, either. Alternatively, if you feel like you will want a better drone, just buy the model you want. DJIs are so simple to fly that a newbie can get into it if they exercise caution. You can also buy a $20 drone for practice, that way you get the feel of a drone and crashing it does not matter.

Welcome to PhantomPilots from Dayton Ohio! Sounds like the Phantom 3 Standard may be a good fit for you. Fly safe and have fun!

I would go for a Phantom 2 Vision Plus - I just picked one up for £200 including 4 batteries and a hard case!

They are basically as good as a 3 Standard - same camera quality, they just go slightly less far - I get mine to go about 1km though.

I have owned both and I think that for the huge savings you can make, not only on the drone but its accessories it is worth getting the P2V+

Oliver - Dronerr Parts

As a beginner I would like some advice please on what to buy.

Whatever it is it would just be for occasional use, I would welcome some good pix.

As it’s not for constant use it would be nice if it was also easy to operate!

I don’t have great open spaces locally so would like steadiness of flight.

Was thinking of a good used Phantom 3 or 4. (what are the differences)

Any suggestions would be gratefully received
Hello if I were you and just getting into this hobby I would buy A Phantom 3 standard,just because it takes time to learn to fly safely.When I say safely I mean being able to know that every time you fly you will be in full control of that drone at all times and be able to deal with any issues that may arise while in flight,and believe me sh:t happens.So until you are sure that every time you fly you can get home 100% of the time foregoing anything that is out of your control,stick with the P3 simply because they are a good bang for the buck.Once you feel you have mastered that drone,Move on to your dream drone.The only reason I said all of this is because this is an expensive hobby especially when you crash a $2500 drone.Good Luck

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart