Broken Drone! Please Help Identify Part.

Reaction score
Can you please help identify what part this is that is broken? (See photos)

It is in the landing strut. There is a black wire that seems to be soldered on to some thin black "wafer" of some kind. This is about two inches below the sensor on the back right hand side of the drone.

What is this wire for? Can I fly with it broken like that? )I would of course tape up the landing strut.

Please note that the first FOUR pictures are upside down to give you a better view of the broken cable and black wafer. The last two photos are taken with the drone right side up so you have a better idea of where this is on the drone.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 1-broken_strut.jpg
    1-broken_strut.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 77
  • 2-broken_strut.jpg
    2-broken_strut.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 3-broken_strut.jpg
    3-broken_strut.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 4-broken_strut.jpg
    4-broken_strut.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 71
  • 5-broken_strut.jpg
    5-broken_strut.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 6-broken_strut.jpg
    6-broken_strut.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
You will need to acquire a new set of landing legs. You have an antenna board that has lived its life. May be a compass board. I just can’t remember which one is where.

Reactions: Just Mark
You will need to acquire a new set of landing legs. You have an antenna board that has lived its life. May be a compass board. I just can’t remember which one is where.

First, thanks for the reply.

I just ordered this kit from Terrestrial Imaging. I think it is correct because my P$P is a version 1, not a V2 (it has the SILVER colored logo).

I got the set with both legs because the other leg also has a crack / break in it (although the cable and board at the end of the cable seems to be intact).

THINKINNG OUT LOUD: Wonder how long replacement parts for the original P4P are going to be around???

Parts will probably be similar to finding parts for the really old VW bugs.
Some things never die!

Yeah, it just seemed like on AMAZON the parts were cheaper for the V2 version of the P$P than they are for the original version of the P4P.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl