What are/how do the following Go App settings do?

I'll give it my best attempt. If someone knows better terms etc please don't hesitate to add/change it.

Cache Map in the background - Stores maps for use in offline (no wifi) situations. Good for when you're flying away from cell service or if you have a non-cellular device (like I do). Before you go to your intended flying area launch the ap, scroll to the area and zoom in on the map. Once it's downloaded and clear it is stored in the Map Cache for a while.

Video cache - Stores a low res copy of your flight video (if you take any) on the device.

Auto cleanup video cache - Not sure what the interval is but basically at some predetermined time the Video Cache mentioned above is wiped clean.

Video Caption - This option adds a "subtitle" track to the video with some basic flight telemetry (gps coordinates and homepoint coordinates) that is viewable on video players able to read the additional track. VLC is one that does this fairly well but be warned.. it might slow down playback on older/slower systems.

Thank you!

0b3910f4d7f6b2e8e1984bf86b99d52d.jpg

What do the two icons for Home Point Settings exactly do?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

What do the two icons for Home Point Settings exactly do?

The "arrow" icon sets the Home Point at the current location of the Phantom. The "person" icon sets the Home point at the current location of the controller/display device (think iPad; assuming it has GPS capability).

Reactions: BigAl07
The "arrow" icon sets the Home Point at the current location of the Phantom. The "person" icon sets the Home point at the current location of the controller/display device (think iPad; assuming it has GPS capability).

Ahhh... So if I was out boating and there is a sandbar to land on but I'll be moving, I could land it on the sandbar, click the arrow to set new home location then take off and move around as I'd like knowing it wouldn't land from where it took off (water location)

Or, it takes off from a home location but, during flight, that spot becomes unexpectedly j available or unsafe, so I could walk over to a clear landing spot and press the person icon and home is reset to there, and I can move away from it without moving the new home.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I don't have an Android device to test on but have you tried to just tap the three dots ( ... ) in the top right corner of the screen in the DJI GO app? If you have them in the Android version, it will get you into the settings.

Then tap the three dots ( ... ) at the bottom of the vertical row of icons to get into General Settings.

I don't have an Android device to test on but have you tried to just tap the three dots ( ... ) in the top right corner of the screen in the DJI GO app? If you have them in the Android version, it will get you into the settings.

Then tap the three dots ( ... ) at the bottom of the vertical row of icons to get into General Settings.

Thanks for the advice butI've been there and don't get cache maps in background???

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl