Weird Issues with P4 Rapid Gain in Altitude and Rapid descent

Reaction score
Wind 3 to 5 mph from the south
Phantom 4 purchased in Dec 2016
Remote Controller Battery: 74%
GPS Sats: 17
IPAD Pro

Today I was flying the P4 in the P mode and had 17 GPS sats. After taking off in a hover and flying to an altitude of 100 feet, I experience a rapid assent to over over 180 feet and still climbing with hands off controls. Down stick control worked the first time this happen to get control of the P4. The second time this happen, I had to use the RTH to get the drone from continuing to climb. On the second attempt I changed the battery and batteries are all less then 3 months old. I also experienced a rapid decent when in a hoover at 80 feet with no hands on controller. At about 15 feet i started to push up to avoid impact. Not brave enough to see if it will will arrest the decent.

I am also getting a lot of movement in hoovers of 12 meters (side to side and back to front). Flying low level 5 meters and below everything seems to work fine.

Any thoughts, or is there someone that can read the flight data before I call DJI on Monday.

Really appreciate any response, do not want to lose this drone. Almost scared to fly it right now.

Wind 3 to 5 mph from the south
Phantom 4 purchased in Dec 2016
Remote Controller Battery: 74%
GPS Sats: 17
IPAD Pro

Today I was flying the P4 in the P mode and had 17 GPS sats. After taking off in a hover and flying to an altitude of 100 feet, I experience a rapid assent to over over 180 feet and still climbing with hands off controls. Down stick control worked the first time this happen to get control of the P4. The second time this happen, I had to use the RTH to get the drone from continuing to climb. On the second attempt I changed the battery and batteries are all less then 3 months old. I also experienced a rapid decent when in a hoover at 80 feet with no hands on controller. At about 15 feet i started to push up to avoid impact. Not brave enough to see if it will will arrest the decent.

I am also getting a lot of movement in hoovers of 12 meters (side to side and back to front). Flying low level 5 meters and below everything seems to work fine.

Any thoughts, or is there someone that can read the flight data before I call DJI on Monday.

Really appreciate any response, do not want to lose this drone. Almost scared to fly it right now.
Wow done all calibrations,,,maybe even do stick moment calibration,,,read a few posts on this ,,don't think anyone really firgued it out,,,IMU maybe,,,;)you can upload data ,,it show what going on

Appears to be a problem with your RC. You can try stick calibration to see if that resolves the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan