we need a autel x star forum

Start with flight records and data logging. I returned my X-Star (not premium) today because of this glaring omission. The downloadable manual shows a flight record icon, but tech support said yesterday (Sunday, 7/17) that is for a future firmware upgrade. They further instructed me on how to acquire the flight data. Their instructions did not work. They also said, "for that the data you will need specialized software to do this which is not made available by us. The software is for internal (employee use) use."

So, if you're used to using healthydrones.com and you log flights for FAA commercial purposes, wait a little longer.
heard new firmware update should be next few weeks

Reactions: CPLpilot
Is Autel Battery Smart?

Looks like this thread is turning into the X-Star forum. While reading the firmware upgrade process I noticed that there is no mention of upgrading the batteries. I also noticed that the charger appears to be more than just a power supply as the DJI unit is. The Autel charger module that plugs into the battery has a fan. That indicates that the charging and balancing occurs there, not in the battery. Actually I believe I prefer this method because it should be easier to retrofit external batteries without running into foreign battery issues. It also should be possible to use a high quality charger with graphing capability, etc.

Is Autel Battery Smart?

Looks like this thread is turning into the X-Star forum. While reading the firmware upgrade process I noticed that there is no mention of upgrading the batteries. I also noticed that the charger appears to be more than just a power supply as the DJI unit is. The Autel charger module that plugs into the battery has a fan. That indicates that the charging and balancing occurs there, not in the battery. Actually I believe I prefer this method because it should be easier to retrofit external batteries without running into foreign battery issues. It also should be possible to use a high quality charger with graphing capability, etc.
yep battery is smart battery just like dji

yep battery is smart battery just like dji
Why is there no mention of a second step to upgrade firmware in all your batteries in the upgrade instructions? They assume you have only one battery?

somewhere it says too just don't know where I seen it

SDK?

autel crowd from facebook is looking forward to it

Hey guys - starting work on an Autel Xstar forum. Sit tight...
also if possible we should have a meetup topic for pilots can post flying events to get people flying together in locations

RJ is the man! Thanks so much! Gave ya a shout out on the FB X-Star group (the one with 2k members) as well - linked your YT ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1283.JPG
    IMG_1283.JPG
    876.3 KB · Views: 581
Reactions: RJ_Make

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka