Was it a drone? British airways flight

"Delta Airlines Flight 4811 on final approach to PDX has near-miss with Peter Pan, manhunt ensues"

Reactions: lookin4pain
Never seen one of those fly. <snort.>

So why has this one 'alleged' incident led to people who should be banding together to protect their interests led to internal bickering - take it from someone who's other hobby is under great threat and has been for some time you need to work together to safeguard your interests - not argue over simple terminology - lots of people in this area - in the uk and USA - and elsewhere - call them drones - just work together on this or the old 'divide and conquer' will rule and we will all look back and say - ' do you remember the days before they banned / over regulated our drones / quadcopters (other names and descriptions available) !

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have to ask, what's your other hobby? Hunting hummingbirds? Baby seal bashing? Lol I kid, seriously though, is it pellet guns or shooting related? Or something much more benign, like bird watching?

Your effort won't make a difference.

Unless there is some strong social mandate or personal involvement operating the average disinterested American will resort to using the convenient monosyllable, drone, rather than struggling with three big, fat syllables in the word, quad cop ter,

It's called linguistic laziness and it specifically refers to (most) Americans as compared with Brits, most of whom are diligently trained early-on in the correct, proper and appropriate use of (their) language.

Yeah, I saw something about that on the Telly.

And even if it's not 100% correct today it will be soon. Languages evolve and if enough people misuse a word in the same way for a long enough period of time - they will update the definition of the word to reflect the common usage.

I used to get irritated when people misused the word "literally" - then I looked it up one day and found they had changed it to match the common, formerly incorrect usage.

Now the one that bugs me the most is when people order an Espresso but pronounce it as Expresso!!! **** it people! There's no X in the word!!! :)
My currently favorite verbal annoyance is redundant use of the word, awesome! That once very powerful word has been drained of its energy. Two of my grandkids use it to describe, or in response to, the most trivial, inane and unimpressive things.

My currently favorite verbal annoyance is redundant use of the word, awesome! That once very powerful word has been drained of its energy. Two of my grandkids use it to describe, or in response to, the most trivial, inane and unimpressive things.

Dude, I was literally about to pour myself an expresso and clean my drone when I read your awesome post!

Reactions: sar104
Thats epic!

Every day you hear about some idiot doing something nuts. Soon, there will be more rules for sensible people to follow. The idiots will still doing what idiots do. This act is already illegal, so whats to do?

Reactions: dgd3
My art teacher said using the word "like" as a filler word make us sound stupid. Glad she's not my teacher anymore.
Sorry you can't adapt with the "new world".

I have to ask, what's your other hobby? Hunting hummingbirds? Baby seal bashing? Lol I kid, seriously though, is it pellet guns or shooting related? Or something much more benign, like bird watching?
Even talking of bashing a baby seal and the wrath of the Internet will be on you. :)

It's been on the radio news but I'm not sure about actual tabloid headlines. Probably won't be more than a small story on the midday news. -_-

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z