VPS FIX?!

I'm still on 1.1.9 right now. If I decide to try this would I need to load 1.2.7 first and then go to 1.2.8? I think I would at least need to use 1.2.7 to update the controller, correct?

Im just wondering.. for all of you that are having VPS issues, who has done a cold IMU calibration? Im going to jump out there on a limb and bet that all of these issues are tied to IMU failure/discrepancies caused by cold IMU Cal..All of your problems are centered around massive failure in the data from the barometer, sonic altimeters, and gyros.

Im just wondering.. for all of you that are having VPS issues, who has done a cold IMU calibration? Im going to jump out there on a limb and bet that all of these issues are tied to IMU failure/discrepancies caused by cold IMU Cal..All of your problems are centered around massive failure in the data from the barometer, sonic altimeters, and gyros.
Cold IMU cal would not do this.. The IMU has a heater and still heats all the way up. You're just giving a wider range of cal data, in turn gives a better cal.

Cold IMU cal would not do this.. The IMU has a heater and still heats all the way up. You're just giving a wider range of cal data, in turn gives a better cal.
I understand the affects and intended purpose completely. But I also understand the affects of wide temperature variations on electronics, especially extremely small electronics! Firmware changes alone aren't going to cause a barometer to suddenly change in reading from say... 4.0 to -2.8. But a faulty barometer, or barometer data stream will. Its just a thought. I personally have no issues so I cant do any testing, just applied a little bit of logic to the Phantoms own logic.

Actually FW can, it's called a "span", If they tighten that up in the code, some devices could be seeing this issue.

Reactions: Steve Moore
I've been having trouble with VPS since updating to the 1.2.6 firmware. Tried a full IMU re-calibration, cold, yesterday, and am still having an unstable hover at VPS heights (in exactly the same locations that it used to be perfectly stable).

I've been having trouble with VPS since updating to the 1.2.6 firmware. Tried a full IMU re-calibration, cold, yesterday, and am still having an unstable hover at VPS heights (in exactly the same locations that it used to be perfectly stable).

Correct some people are seeing this bug. A temporary fix is to just disbale vps for now.

Try what I stated in the first post and report back.

Code:
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

No change in flight stability during a quick test flight in a location where it was previously very stable.

Correct some people are seeing this bug. A temporary fix is to just disbale vps for now.

In ATTI or P-GPS mode? I'm not seeing a big difference in stability with VPS on or off. The lateral drift is still very difficult to deal with at lower altitudes, where it was basically a hovering tripod before the firmware update.

In ATTI or P-GPS mode? I'm not seeing a big difference in stability with VPS on or off. The lateral drift is still very difficult to deal with at lower altitudes, where it was basically a hovering tripod before the firmware update.

This has to be an IMU cal issue then.. Please do a IMU calibration

This has to be an IMU cal issue then.. Please do a IMU calibration

Like I mentioned in post #29, I did yesterday. I also did another today as part of trying the process that Sammyneis described. I even double checked that the table I used was level:

2015-06-26 15.00.02.jpg

Like I mentioned in post #29, I did yesterday. I also did another today as part of trying the process that Sammyneis described. I even double checked that the table I used was level:

View attachment 23043

I would then contact phone support

I would then contact phone support

It only began happening immediately after I upgraded to 1.2.6, like so many others have reported. I have to assume there's a firmware fix on the way with so many people having this issue. How would calling phone support help the firmware update be available any sooner?

It only began happening immediately after I upgraded to 1.2.6, like so many others have reported. I have to assume there's a firmware fix on the way with so many people having this issue. How would calling phone support help the firmware update be available any sooner?

If turning vps off doesn't help, it seems there might be something wrong. I'm not 100% sure since I don't have the issue. So I can only go off of what I have been told and read.

View attachment 23043
Be sure to lay that level the other way too, on the other axis of the surface. It could be level width-wise but not level depth-wise.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: blade strike
Be sure to lay that level the other way too, on the other axis of the surface. It could be level width-wise but not level depth-wise.

Definitely a good point. I did check it both ways, at right angles to the edges of the table.

I did an IMU calibration a few weeks ago on that same table too, trying to fix the gimbal roll issue (which it did seem to fix). No trouble with its stability until immediately after the recent firmware update.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl