Vote hate or love the new layout

In regards to notifications, at the top of the thread, there is a "watch thread' link. If you click that, you can select to get emails or not. Also, you can set a preference to automatically "watch" any thread you post on and whether to get emails for those threads.

There is a way for me to set this, but it changes the whole site for everyone with no option to go back. I think some people would be very upset. At this time, there is no way for me to set it on a case-by-case basis. Sorry.
So, you're telling me that everyone loves to scroll through 500 posts to get to the latest? That's crap!

WOW.......We all know everyone hates change and i would admit this site with new ownership is due for a complete rebranding and makeover but having working in Tech for over 20 years i can tell you this new site is not bad, it will take ALOT of getting used to, but if i were the owner of this site id have to shoot the guy i paid to perform the makeover.

From a marketing standpoint there is no identity and its way too busy. Of course you try and provide users an experience where they have to click as few times as possible but lol this is ....well i will say leaves little to be desired :).

I have developed web pages but its not my cup o' tea but i know its very simple now days to put up something more engaging than this.

We will HAVE TO get used to it.......and we move on (with or eyes closed lol)

I dislike this layout more with the passing of each day. This step is observable proof that "different" isn't necessarily "better.

Still not sold on it, I like the blue, it was kind on the eyes. Would be nice if a bunch of themes could be loaded that we could choose, eg have the primary / default. But give the users an option of choosing something different if they so wish.

WOW.......We all know everyone hates change and i would admit this site with new ownership is due for a complete rebranding and makeover but having working in Tech for over 20 years i can tell you this new site is not bad, it will take ALOT of getting used to, but if i were the owner of this site id have to shoot the guy i paid to perform the makeover.

From a marketing standpoint there is no identity and its way too busy. Of course you try and provide users an experience where they have to click as few times as possible but lol this is ....well i will say leaves little to be desired :).

I have developed web pages but its not my cup o' tea but i know its very simple now days to put up something more engaging than this.

We will HAVE TO get used to it.......and we move on (with or eyes closed lol)
They have to fix it first. You can't get used to something when its not possible to even read, never mind post to the aircraft forums. Change is OK but has to work on all major platforms...which it does not. I am told that it will be fixed for TapaTalk, meanwhile I'm not on the aircraft forums at all.

I am sure there are others who dont use browsers to access forums.

So, I've been away for a while, come back and find this - all changed, it wasn't broke but they fixed it anyway...
What I don't like:I get far less on a page now -- and can't see how to make the layout so you get more per page. It's so slow to scan and read now.
Also -- I don't see any quick way to "mark all posts as read". On the old site, after a quick scan of new posts, I'd mark all read, then it was immediately very clear what was new on my next visit.
Actually -- right now I can't see how to spot which post are read and unread....

But so far -- it's awful, IMHO.

So, you're telling me that everyone loves to scroll through 500 posts to get to the latest? That's crap!

Have you seen RC Groups?

I don't see anything on the new Phantom Pilots that makes you have to scroll through hundreds of posts to find the latest.

Reactions: Jacob
So, I've been away for a while, come back and find this - all changed, it wasn't broke but they fixed it anyway...
What I don't like:I get far less on a page now -- and can't see how to make the layout so you get more per page. It's so slow to scan and read now.
Also -- I don't see any quick way to "mark all posts as read". On the old site, after a quick scan of new posts, I'd mark all read, then it was immediately very clear what was new on my next visit.
Actually -- right now I can't see how to spot which post are read and unread....

Welcome back. Please give yourself a few hours to mess around with the site and learn the features and I bet you will love it. Here is the new site FAQ: http://www.phantompilots.com/pages/faq/

Wishful thinking. I agree it's clunkier , less on my iPad page. But of course all the mods will tell us how great it is. It's not equal or better than the old layout.

Have you seen RC Groups?

I don't see anything on the new Phantom Pilots that makes you have to scroll through hundreds of posts to find the latest.

I don't understand this one either.

It does appear that all the subscribed threads from the old site are 'unread' in the new one. If they are updated they will move to the top.

If you look at watched threads, the only thing that shows up is new posts unless you ask to see them all.

You do not have any watched threads that are unread. :cool:

Have you seen RC Groups?

Yes, you can go to Thread Display Options/Thread Display Mode and select Linear - Newest First (or Oldest First)
Then this post would be at the top instead of 13 pages down.
And, the format doesn't take up a whole screen worth of real estate per post.

Yes, you can go to Thread Display Options/Thread Display Mode and select Linear - Newest First (or Oldest First)

13 pages down on what?

If you don't like scrolling you can click the "Go to First Unread" button at the top of every thread...

To mark a forum as read, click the "Mark Forums Read" button on the top left. To mark a sub forum read from within the sub forum, hover over the arrow on the Forum button at the top of the page, and choose "Mark Forums Read"

To mark a forum as read, click the "Mark Forums Read" button on the top left. To mark a sub forum read from within the sub forum, hover over the arrow on the Forum button at the top of the page, and choose "Mark Forums Read"

Yeah, so the button says forums, plural. That implies it marks ALL forums read, which is really dumb when I want to just mark the one I am in as read...

And -- I can't find any way to get more than one or two posts on a screen... This site has been optimised I suspect for mobile devices. This is lazy practice, and is very poor for the users

Still unimpressed so far.
Change for change's sake.... Bad practice.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94