Vote hate or love the new layout

Yeah, so the button says forums, plural. That implies it marks ALL forums read, which is really dumb when I want to just mark the one I am in as read...
I agree the wording is wrong, but it gives you the choice to mark this forum or ALL forums read. I assume you've tried it and see that it works.

And I agree with you re: the real estate, wish there was a way to scale.

I agree the wording is wrong, but it gives you the choice to mark this forum or ALL forums read. I assume you've tried it and see that it works.

And I agree with you re: the real estate, wish there was a way to scale.

No, I didn't try it as if it did mark all read, it would have been a disaster with no recovery....
But thanks for letting me know it is safe!

This thread, now it's 14.

When I click on this thread after it showed up in my watched threads, it took me to your post, the first new post. No scrolling. ???

You want posts displayed in reverse chronological order?

Reactions: Jacob
Yes, that's what I want. I only watch a couple of threads, but I like to look at others now and then. All of the forums I frequent have the capability of displaying threads in either Latest First or, like this one, earliest first. It's just a no brainer. Why would you want to come into a thread and have to go through pages of data to get to the latest. And then you don't necessarily want the "latest", but the latest that you haven't read (those are usually a different color or something). This forum doesn't really have a way to do that. Plus, each entry in a thread takes up about a half a page - lots of wasted real estate, requiring even more scrolling... Just a personal preference but I'm really surprised that this forum doesn't have a basic preference like that. I'll have to get used to it, but I don't have to like it. :)

Yes, that's what I want. I only watch a couple of threads, but I like to look at others now and then. All of the forums I frequent have the capability of displaying threads in either Latest First or, like this one, earliest first. It's just a no brainer. Why would you want to come into a thread and have to go through pages of data to get to the latest. And then you don't necessarily want the "latest", but the latest that you haven't read (those are usually a different color or something). This forum doesn't really have a way to do that. Plus, each entry in a thread takes up about a half a page - lots of wasted real estate, requiring even more scrolling... Just a personal preference but I'm really surprised that this forum doesn't have a basic preference like that. I'll have to get used to it, but I don't have to like it. :)
there's a "go to first unread" button at the top and bottom of the thread. I've never used it but based on it's label, seems to be what you're looking for.

Yes, that's what I want. I only watch a couple of threads, but I like to look at others now and then. All of the forums I frequent have the capability of displaying threads in either Latest First or, like this one, earliest first. It's just a no brainer. Why would you want to come into a thread and have to go through pages of data to get to the latest.

Mainly so I'd know what the thread was about. I can't imagine trying to read a thread backwards.

And then you don't necessarily want the "latest", but the latest that you haven't read (those are usually a different color or something). This forum doesn't really have a way to do that.

When I click on a thread title it takes me to the first unread post. If I click on the General Discussion forum, some of the threads are bold (unread) and some are not (read).

Plus, each entry in a thread takes up about a half a page - lots of wasted real estate, requiring even more scrolling... Just a personal preference but I'm really surprised that this forum doesn't have a basic preference like that. I'll have to get used to it, but I don't have to like it. :)

Can't help with the page size. Thanks for the explanation. Not trying to be a PITA, just curious.

For me the new page is just not aestheically pleasing. I open the page and find it is not laid out properly. A bit to many icons and avatars spread around the page. It is just not balanced properly.

The new features are nice but could also be incorporated into a format that many people who frequent different forums would be accustomed to.

I find myself not coming back to Phantom Pilots as often as I used to which is probably not what the new format was trying to acheive.

I appreciate the efforts of the new ownership but I think the change was over done.

Respectfully,
Jim

For me the new page is just not aestheically pleasing. I open the page and find it is not laid out properly. A bit to many icons and avatars spread around the page. It is just not balanced properly.

The new features are nice but could also be incorporated into a format that many people who frequent different forums would be accustomed to.

I find myself not coming back to Phantom Pilots as often as I used to which is probably not what the new format was trying to acheive.

I appreciate the efforts of the new ownership but I think the change was over done.

Respectfully,
Jim

Agree. This is my second or third visit since the change. Don't like it and don't see myself starting to. I'm usually on my phone, don't know if id like it on the computer better. Probably not.
FWIW, I'm more of a "casual user", jumping on for a few minutes at work etc.

When using just the site I like the changes alot.
When using tapatalk tho it seems kinda weird. Not all pictures show up anymore and I still can't find the different multirotor specific sections

Reactions: IrishSights
When using just the site I like the changes alot.
When using tapatalk tho it seems kinda weird. Not all pictures show up anymore and I still can't find the different multirotor specific sections
We are working on Tapatalk right now. It should be fixed by tonight.

Awesome! Keep up the good work. I for 1 am all about change and u are doin a great job....thanks!

After a few days of use, I can navigate it just fine. The one thing I do see is fragmentation of content across the forum hierarchy and sub-forums with nothing happening. For example, I don't look at the sub-forums under the P2. I didn't on the previous design either. But now there's more of them. I don't have the time to check all of them for new posts. I think some of them need to consolidate into an accessories forum and the others collapsed into the model specific forum.

That and stickies. It seems most new visitors aren't finding the right content. A sticky metalist would be a start.

Reactions: auen1

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT