This will be the final post in this issue from me.

Reaction score
I want to post the court arguments because the law is the law. If we are supposed to follow the law, then the government must also follow its own laws.

Courts may not make laws. Judges may only interpret the current laws, not legislate

Presidents may not make laws. They can make executive orders(which this was not)

Federal agencies like the FAA, FBI, CIA, NSA, IRS, ETC may not make laws.

Laws are made in congress. The law may be introduced by either the House of Representatives, or the Senate.

It must pass both and then,

The president then either signs off the law or vetos it. THAT kids is how laws are made.

In court arguments below:

"
The FAA began its part of the argument by focusing on the purposes of the registration regulation, which are accountability and education. The Court almost immediately interrupted and asked the FAA why Congress passed Section 336. The FAA admitted that the statute was intended to bar the FAA from imposing new regulations on model aircraft, but argued that the statutory requirement that all aircraft be registered under Part 47 were preexisting requirements and not new regulations, and that the model aircraft regulation was simply building on this preexisting legal authority. The panel was clearly troubled by this argument, with one judge calling the agency’s reading of the statute “bizarre.” The FAA also argued that Congress made clear that it wants the FAA to enforce safety regarding unmanned aircraft, and that registration was a key part of that effort because it was the only way to identify violators. The Court responded that these were good policy arguments, but that those were arguments that should be made to Congress. As one judge noted, “the fact that the thing you are doing has a good effect does not mean that the thing is lawful.”

Finally, the Court questioned how the preexisting statutory requirement that all aircraft be registered could possibly justify a new regulation since Section 336 begins by stating “[n]otwithstanding any other provision of law . . . .” The FAA’s response to this queston was interrupted by one of the judges asking, “[w]here are you getting these words from, you’re just making things up.”

FAA/UAS – Judge to FAA “You’re just making things up.” | Plane-ly Spoken

This may not be the end of this subject, but this is a victory for the US people and for justice afforded by Mr Taylor.

Either way you feel, that people should register or not, then we need a government that has laws that apply to EVERYONE. Not just the little people.

If a registration was necessary, a bill should have been introduced in congress. We have congress for a reason.

Although I do feel that people should register, I feel that it should have been voluntary and to create compliance there should have been an incentive to entice people to do so. Not a treat of 250000 fine to force people to do so.

At the time this was enforced, there was NO way to get permission to use your drone commercially other than the 333 exception which was an arduous process, and would cost at least 5000 for a balloon pilots license.

If the 2012 law hadn't been there, and if the FAA waited the 60 days, I would have had nothing to say about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers