Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Luap said:
This is how i synch. Right click video file and select properties.
You will have the gps time stamp of when vidoeo started.
If you dont you can download a media file viewer.
Check the file name of logged file. The time is included.
Now you have the offset to the second which you enter in Dashware.

Sorry, but I miss something ....
Your method work if video recording and gps data logging start simultaneously, otherwise not.
I'm right?

^^^ I believe hes saying you use the video file timestamp (which you check) against the gps data timestamp to set the offset..

If you could do them simulatenously you would not need an offset :)

Has anyone been having any corrupt data files, similar to what I have?

Attachments

• 1vpu1.jpg
    1vpu1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 352
justin00 said:
^^^ I believe hes saying you use the video file timestamp (which you check) against the gps data timestamp to set the offset..

Ok justin00 ;) :oops:
But surely you need a control point, that is a video frame in which you recognize a gps track point. In my example I suggest to record when you start your engines, because in the csv file you can find the data field "motor on" with the record that change from 0 to 1. In this way synchronization is very accurate ....

I bought app today mainly because of longer range as i have flytrex core2 and i have tested it today. I can say it exceeded my expectations. I have compared data on google earth and here is result. Red is flytrex log and green is Vision + logger.
Flytrex_vs_Vision_Utility.jpg

Amazingly accurate expect about last third of data is missing

Example you start the vision + logger at 13:01:02
The file name will indicate the above time.
You start recording video at 13:01:54
The file property of video will indicate that time.
So difference is 52 seconds. Now go in dashware and under synch tab add 52 secs to video file.
Now you have the video synched to the logged file.
No need to visualise any movements. Just maths.

Do you mean you manually delete the records before motor on=1 in the csv and then load the data file in ?

Fabiog said:
justin00 said:

Ok justin00 ;) :oops:
But surely you need a control point, that is a video frame in which you recognize a gps track point. In my example I suggest to record when you start your engines, because in the csv file you can find the data field "motor on" with the record that change from 0 to 1. In this way synchronization is very accurate ....

Yeah I have had a bit.. Its mainly just max speed but also saw a few random other spots similar to what you pointed out.
I only use heading, altitude and speed at this point so hasn't been impacting... hell I don't even have the full version of Dashware etc yet heh :(

I mentioned the max speed bug a few pages back and I think it was you Frank who said its a bug that has reappeared (5xxx bug).
I went over my data and saw I had other minor corruption similar to yours. just never mentioned it as I thought it might all be same problem. It is a seperate issue is it ?
What phone are you using ? I am on a samsung S5... I wonder if its the phone, app or Phantom.

flyNfrank said:
Has anyone been having any corrupt data files, similar to what I have?

Luap said:
Example you start the vision + logger at 13:01:02
The file name will indicate the above time.
You start recording video at 13:01:54
The file property of video will indicate that time.
So difference is 52 seconds. Now go in dashware and under synch tab add 52 secs to video file.
Now you have the video synched to the logged file.
No need to visualise any movements. Just maths.

I thought track file name would indicate the time in which you save the file ..... :eek:
The same for the video: in the properties tab (Windows 7) of the .MP4 file I find "creation time" that I think is, again, the time in which camera save the video, the end of the recording ....

justin00 said:
Do you mean you manually delete the records before motor on=1 in the csv and then load the data file in ?

Yes, I manually delete records before motor on =1 ....
But I need to do so because I synchronize video and gps track in Qgis, using a plugin that needs track and video beginning the same time and with the same length!
Indeed I use those data to realize environmental inspections, to record georeferenced data to use within my gis system ....

No harm in deleting data, but,......I think there is something in the 1st row that says to start whatever it is? It might be a command added for other software?

justin00, I didn't go into the corrupt file issue cause they were out due to holiday and it wouldn't do much good to go into details.

Fabiog said:
I thought track file name would indicate the time in which you save the file ..... :eek:
The same for the video: in the properties tab (Windows 7) of the .MP4 file I find "creation time" that I think is, again, the time in which camera save the video, the end of the recording ....

The properties tab of windows 7 does not indicate the tagged time if you do not have any addins installed.
You will need a program that displays technical and tag data for Audio/Video files.
If you are into video editing its something you should consider in any case as it shows lots of details including compression rates, formats etc. I use Mediainfo : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/ - once installed you right click the mp4 file and select Mediainfo. Under tree you will find the tagged date with the time.
After that you check the file name of the csv file which includes the time (and thats the time when you enable the logger).
Then subtract one from the other and you have the offset.
Here's a picture where you see the file properties of windows 7 which does not show tagged time, the tagged date with time from Mediainfo and the time you use from csv file.
And in Dashware you set the offset to1:30:00
Sync.JPG

Luap said:
Fabiog said:

The properties tab of windows 7 does not indicate the tagged time if you do not have any addins installed.
You will need a program that displays technical and tag data for Audio/Video files.
If you are into video editing its something you should consider in any case as it shows lots of details including compression rates, formats etc. I use Mediainfo : http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainfo/ - once installed you right click the mp4 file and select Mediainfo. Under tree you will find the tagged date with the time.
After that you check the file name of the csv file which includes the time (and thats the time when you enable the logger).
Then subtract one from the other and you have the offset.
Here's a picture where you see the file properties of windows 7 which does not show tagged time, the tagged date with time from Mediainfo and the time you use from csv file.
And in Dashware you set the offset to1:30:00
Thank you very much, Luap!
I didn't knew about software as Mediainfo! Very good ....
Then I made a mistake about csv file time ....
All's well that ends well ....!
I hope someone else besides me will be able to appreciate your tutorial!
Grazie, Fabio

Hi Guys,

Im a Mac user and wondering how a i can add the log of Vision+ Logger from iphone into my video's.
Can find anything.... but see lot of youtube video's where the flight info is added into the video.

Cheers,
Peter

A while ago Ocatcr said he'd add the S/N field to the csv file.
Anyone know when the release is planned?

Have been playing with Dashware.
Made a new Gauge -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__zVtAuSWaE[/youtube]

Yes please if you don't mind send it to me. I sent you a PM with my email address.

The control lever sync is badass. Btw, did you know the two heading gauges are 180 off from each other. The plane gauge dialed in the east direction when it should have rolled to the west before stopping at south. Most of the flytrex gauges appear off as well. I also think your pitch gauge might be off as well. Either way those are easy fixes. I didn't mean to sound like I'm slamming your work cause I'm not.

You can download the gauge at dashware.net.
Ill be checking the heading gauge. Thanks for spotting that. On the pitch not sure what you mean. If its the horizon gauge on the right side its mapping roll. Same as the stick but inverted.

Luap that gauge is very cool !
Brings me back to my old Flight sim days...
Would love a 747/737 gauge...

You've inspired me to actually buy dashware now :)

Luap said:
You can download the gauge at dashware.net.
Ill be checking the heading gauge. Thanks for spotting that. On the pitch not sure what you mean. If its the horizon gauge on the right side its mapping roll. Same as the stick but inverted.

Yeah I saw it on there right after posting here. I forgot to come back update my post. On the pitch, it leans right when the copter goes left.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor