Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

flyNfrank said:
Luap said:
You can download the gauge at dashware.net.
Ill be checking the heading gauge. Thanks for spotting that. On the pitch not sure what you mean. If its the horizon gauge on the right side its mapping roll. Same as the stick but inverted.

Yeah I saw it on there right after posting here. I forgot to come back update my post. On the pitch, it leans right when the copter goes left.

I think I got the compass correctly now - thanks for your comments.
For the horizon gauge I checked some youtube videos and that seems the way it should behave.
Here's the revised gauge (changed the map as well)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sORLDdVEVLY[/youtube]

The horizon gauge is right, and probably was before when I had mentioned it.

The Heading gauge and compass gauge on the dash are still opposite of each other. Heading "0" degrees is North. When the Dash plane is pointing at "S" this would be South.

Also there is a App Update today to fix the max speed reading in the csv file.

flyNfrank said:

The Heading gauge and compass gauge on the dash are still opposite of each other. Heading "0" degrees is North. When the Dash plane is pointing at "S" this would be South.

To check the heading gauge versus compass gauge I superimposed the video captured from the vision app.
So it appears my compass gauge is correct - Also checked south and North verus a real compass and they match.
So it has to be the heading gauge numbers that are inverted.
Any idea where I can have these corrected? I can't find a heading field in the Flytrex profile.

For the artificial horizon gauge on the vision app, it appears DJI has it inverted. :?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q8tCnXqZ44[/youtube]

Luap said:
A while ago Ocatcr said he'd add the S/N field to the csv file.
Anyone know when the release is planned?

Have been playing with Dashware.
Made a new Gauge -

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__zVtAuSWaE[/youtube]

Really nice horizon gauge!!!

flyNfrank said:

Just updated the app to new version.

ocatcr said:
flyNfrank said:

Just updated the app to new version.

Just made a test flight and there were no issues to speak of. But....there was no new columns in place. This is a 2-3 minute process. You should be able to add the column names yourself.

Column Names:
datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)
voltage(v)

Btw, tell the developer that fixed this last issue, thanks!

Hmm I wonder if new fw blows away camera linux system... and reinstall its.. if it does hope old root passwd still works..

Im guessing it will be unaffected..but just a guess.

Have updated and tested using iwconfig, all working for me.. Looks like the wifi modules are not effected by the update.

I downloaded it last night, tested it today, I got at least 90% improved performance on FPV and Transmitter, I am more interested in the KML and csv file, where are they? All that I can find on my tablet is a RAW file??? I am looking for Google Earth Logging, I do not have Dashware yet....

Fabiog said:
GustavL said:
Thanks for your help flyNfrank

I rebooted my device but it's still the .raw file.

I did try to close the logger after the flight, but the box was already un-ticked. So, the logger must have stopped already during the flight. I read somewhere it will do that after 5 minutes. Don't know if that is correct.

Is there a way to convert the .raw file to .csv

Maybe you are looking for this information:
if you are not able (or forget) to close the app to the "right" moment, you can export raw data to csv and kml files by clicking your option key and than "Export all". Then search "VisionPlusUtility" folder.
Here in my Samsung Note 3:
Export%2Ball.jpg

I have the saw problem exact problem... I am using a rooted samsung S3 Tab....I did hit the export all, the only info is the Raw Files....

Thanks you Team Vision + Utility Pro .... 73.74mph.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5raz7FVAXA[/youtube]

justin00 said:
Have updated and tested using iwconfig, all working for me.. Looks like the wifi modules are not effected by the update.

There is no changes on the telemetry data format. So our app should works fine on the latest DJI firmware update.

Hi

I've come across a few apps that claim they boost the range of the wifi. There is a thread on here for an app called FPV Booster app for Vision + and a lot of people started to claim that there was a con occurring. Does this app do the same thing and have the same range benefit? Does anyone know if the other one is a con?

Cheers

Steve

srchadwi said:
Hi

I've come across a few apps that claim they boost the range of the wifi. There is a thread on here for an app called FPV Booster app for Vision + and a lot of people started to claim that there was a con occurring. Does this app do the same thing and have the same range benefit? Does anyone know if the other one is a con?

Cheers

Steve

Hi steve, we have no relationship with the app you mentioned. The booster source code of our app is open at https://github.com/taco-rc/VisionPUtility and no secret is hidden. You could actually use a a web based user interface, Luci to fine tune the Camera Transmit Power by monitoring the realtime Signal-Noise-Ratio SNR. Usually our customers use 15-17dBm as optimal camera transmit power.

flyNfrank said:
Just made a test flight and there were no issues to speak of. But....there was no new columns in place. This is a 2-3 minute process. You should be able to add the column names yourself.

Column Names:
datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)
voltage(v)

OCATCR,
What are you doing that you can't do a 2-3 minutes process for us? I asked for this revision back in September. I believe someone else ask for something as well, and you ignored them.

If the above column names are included with the current ones, we should not need to use the flytrex data logger profile when using dashware. For that reason now I never use the Vision + Utility Pro logger profile in dashware because 95% of the gauges in existence were built for using flytrex logger profile. If you used this app with dashware on a regular basis like some of us do, you would already know this and would have put the above revision into place.

flyNfrank said:
flyNfrank said:

Column Names:
datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)
voltage(v)

OCATCR,
What are you doing that you can't do a 2-3 minutes process for us? I asked for this revision back in September. I believe someone else ask for something as well, and you ignored them.

If the above column names are included with the current ones, we should not need to use the flytrex data logger profile when using dashware. For that reason now I never use the Vision + Utility Pro logger profile in dashware because 95% of the gauges in existence were built for using flytrex logger profile. If you used this app with dashware on a regular basis like some of us do, you would already know this and would have put the above revision into place.

As what we stated, there is no

datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)

in the telemetry data stream. but we will add a dummy column to the log in next release.

So did it even cross your mind that these columns are in flytrex data logger profile and they are receiving data for them. They are also in other logger profiles. They are listed just as I have them indicated.

When you use the Test File feature in dashware it will display a ton of column options you can use, if added in the software.

Look at the video I made above that you never commented on and look at the info on the gauges I used. You will see that it has data for ever column I asked for except pressure.

flyNfrank said:
So did it even cross your mind that these columns are in flytrex data logger profile and they are receiving data for them. They are also in other logger profiles. They are listed just as I have them indicated.

When you use the Test File feature in dashware it will display a ton of column options you can use, if added in the software.

Look at the video I made above that you never commented on and look at the info on the gauges I used. You will see that it has data for ever column I asked for except pressure.

Thanks for your feedback. As we stated, there is no such fields

datetime(utc)
datetime(local)
pressure(Pa)
temperature(F)

in the DJI telemetry data stream. so the dummy columns value will all be 0.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119