Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

I found on the web this fpv file converted to csv:

Attachments

• Flytrex_fpv2csv.jpg
    Flytrex_fpv2csv.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 321
rrmccabe said:
I am actually using this app and Flytrex both into Dashware on some projects. Then I can have all the data. Best of everything.

I would just switch to this app totally if it did max speed and distance.

I agree would be great - the alternative would be:
If you have excel you can create a marcro and after that converting a csv file to include these values will not take more than 10 seconds.
i.e.Create and save a macro that adds two columns,that names them and use the function =max() anchored to the first cell of speed / distance.

Fabiog said:
So we need two things:
1. a field in the track data with the real gps time (date/time)
2. the record of the starting point of the video (date/time to compare with the track)

Is it possible, ocatcr?
for 1. Octatr said it was in his to do - another field he said is available S/N noise .
for 2. I was planning to film using the Phantoms camera my tablet screen with a time app. That way synchronizing should be an easy thing.

Has anyone tried looking into the RAW file to see if any other data in there?
I've been using a Binary to ASCII converter - I can make out the Yaw Pitch Roll field but still to figure out the rest - seems like there is a bunch more of data in there.
Octatr can you advise?
Is the Raw file the full capture of all data or is this filtered data created by your application?

Hi Luap,
Version 3.15 already has the folowing data fields extracted from the raw data file :
latitude,longitude,altitude(feet),ascent(feet),speed(mph),distance(feet),max_altitude(feet),max_ascent(feet),max_speed(mph),max_distance(feet),time(millisecond),gps,power,pitch,roll,yaw,motor on

S/N and real data / time would also be nice to have.

Best regards : Juan

Luap said:
Fabiog said:
So we need two things:
2. the record of the starting point of the video (date/time to compare with the track)

for 1. Octatr said it was in his to do - another field he said is available S/N noise .
for 2. I was planning to film using the Phantoms camera my tablet screen with a time app. That way synchronizing should be an easy thing.

for 1: Very well!
for 2: If the first point is solved, your trick is right; otherwise it would be sufficient to film with the Phantom camera the smartphone at the moment you switch Vision+ Utility to enable log. .... But it is not the correct procedure! So I think it will fails .... (I should try ....)

latitude,
longitude,
altitude(feet),
ascent(feet),
speed(mph),
distance(feet),
max_altitude(feet),
max_ascent(feet),
max_speed(mph),
max_distance(feet),
time(millisecond),
gps,
power,
pitch,
roll,
yaw,
motor on

err stupid question perhaps..
how do i interpret the time(millisecond) ???
My first entry is like 23,xxx
millisecond is 1000 secons right ?? so its saying 23 seconds ? is that the uptime of device or something ??
i.e I turned on Phantom... and then after 23 seconds turned on data logging ??

thanks

justin00 said:
millisecond is 1000 secons right ?? so its saying 23 seconds ? is that the uptime of device or something ??

Milliseconds means 1/1000 seconds, so 23 milliseconds correspond to 0,023 seconds, and it's a right value for your first entry ....

juangelb said:
Hi Luap,
Version 3.15 already has the folowing data fields extracted from the raw data file :
latitude,longitude,altitude(feet),ascent(feet),speed(mph),distance(feet),max_altitude(feet),max_ascent(feet),max_speed(mph),max_distance(feet),time(millisecond),gps,power,pitch,roll,yaw,motor on

S/N and real data / time would also be nice to have.

Best regards : Juan

So those are the fields you have when you open the CSV file?
I'm missing :
max_altitude(feet),max_ascent(feet),max_speed(mph)
Does the max speed show the same speed throughout the rows or does it gradually increase and then remains same?

I'm using the Vision Utility Pro v1.8 - the latest version for the Phantom 2 vision nonplus

OCATCR can you please upate the NON PLUS version?

Luap said:
juangelb said:
Hi Luap,
latitude,longitude,altitude(feet),ascent(feet),speed(mph),distance(feet),max_altitude(feet),max_ascent(feet),max_speed(mph),max_distance(feet),time(millisecond),gps,power,pitch,roll,yaw,motor

So those are the fields you have when you open the CSV file?
I'm missing :
max_altitude(feet),max_ascent(feet),max_speed(mph)

No Luap,
the csv file in app plus version has only these fields (juangelb spoke about raw file ....):

Attachments

• Vision+ Utility csv fields.jpg
    Vision+ Utility csv fields.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 335
I just checked the latest version on Google play for the Phantom 2 Vision PLUS version 3.15

What's New
1. fixed locale export bug
2. added max_altitude(feet), max_ascent(feet), max_speed(mph), max_distance(feet) column

So maybe you use older version?

But the Phantom 2 Vision NON plus does not have that feature.

Luap said:
I just checked the latest version on Google play for the Phantom 2 Vision PLUS version 3.15
What's New
1. fixed locale export bug
2. added max_altitude(feet), max_ascent(feet), max_speed(mph), max_distance(feet) column
So maybe you use older version?
But the Phantom 2 Vision NON plus does not have that feature.

Sorry, you are right!

Still confused sorry??
What do you mean right value for my firsy entry?
How do I relate the time to sonething meaningful?
*edit*
Oh so it means 23 milliseconds since logger was started?

Any chance of capturing the date/time?? Or this this impossible as the phantom has no clock?? Wonder if you could use the phone to get this data??

Fabiog said:
justin00 said:

Milliseconds means 1/1000 seconds, so 23 milliseconds correspond to 0,023 seconds, and it's a right value for your first entry ....

justin00,
it should means "23 milliseconds since logger was started" .... but I cannot view your file, so ....
I inform you that we asked developers to add "date/time" field and we are waiting for a new release ...

Fabiog said:
One of the main purposes of this app is to sync video and gps track.
Typically syncing needs to have the same event recorded both in the track and in the video.
For example, if the starting point of the video would be recorded (as date/time), and the track data had the same field (date/time), it would be possible exactly sync the two files.

So we need two things:

Is it possible, ocatcr?

Thank you very much

unfortunately, real gps time is not in the telemetry data. we will forward your suggestion that logs the video recording event to our team. if it is possible, we will surely add it to our TODO list.

Hi ocatar,

Here another user reporting the data logging is working! I had only 1 big issue. I had a 15 minute flight, but only the first 1:30 was logged, because I went out of wifi range and the connection was broken. I assumed it would continue to log once the connection was re-established, but apparently it didn't :( Is this something you can fix? Thanks!

Here is a video of the first part of my flight, data looks accurate:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXMl1Od3Kw[/youtube]

Fabiog said:
juangelb said:
latitude,
time(millisecond),

Then "date/time" is missing ....
But it should be not a problem recover date/time from gps data....

You forgot I mentioned flytrex file.

The date and time cane be added. I just need ocatcr to respond to my email and make the requested revisions so I can set you guys up with the ability to log Your Own Local Time & Date.

Here is a image of a flight I made last evening. I was doing so work on gauges, but it still shows my local time & date at the time of the flight.

Soon as ocatcr reads my email I will get things finished.

Attachments

• 1xpl.jpg
    1xpl.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 380
Would almost pay you to write a tutorial on how to do that in dashware... :(
Played around and changed all setting to match.. never works as nice for me as that

methinx said:
Hi ocatar,

Here another user reporting the data logging is working! I had only 1 big issue. I had a 15 minute flight, but only the first 1:30 was logged, because I went out of wifi range and the connection was broken. I assumed it would continue to log once the connection was re-established, but apparently it didn't :( Is this something you can fix? Thanks!

Here is a video of the first part of my flight, data looks accurate:
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wXMl1Od3Kw[/youtube]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT