Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware & FPV Booster

npalen said:
The first time I used the PV2+ Utility App last week, it wrote the CSV file to my Samsung TAB4. Since then and after three tries it no longer writes the file. Any idea what may have changed? Maybe I'm not using the correct sequence of opening and closing this App and the P2V+ App? Could use some guidance. Thanks

Could we know if you are using the latest version v3.9?
Our sequence:
1. landed and finished with flight,
2. switch from DJI App to Vision+ Utility App
3. Select Logger Off ( a dialog box 'Writing Log file...` appears)
4. Waiting till the dialog box disappears
5. switch from Vision+ Utility App to DJI App
6. Power off phantom
7. Log Out DJI App
8. Switch Off Range Extender
9. Switch Off Controller.

npalen said:
I see nothing other than the normal logger screen when switching off the logger. The slider switch just shows "off" at that point.

Could we know if you are using the latest version v3.9?
Our sequence:
1. landed and finished with flight,
2. switch from DJI App to Vision+ Utility App
3. Select Logger Off ( a dialog box 'Writing Log file...` appears)
4. Waiting till the dialog box disappears
5. switch from Vision+ Utility App to DJI App
6. Power off phantom
7. Log Out DJI App
8. Switch Off Range Extender
9. Switch Off Controller.

Re: Vision+ Utility Flight Logger Dashware Demo & help neede

ocatcr said:
Customers video posted:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eC9AcYWQVA[/youtube]

Please someone explain to me:
Can you see this video above while flying, or AFTER the flight?
It would be phenomenal if I could fly with all this data...

I bought the Vision Utility Pro last week (Sept. 6, 2014) for $7.73. Is this not the latest version?

npalen said:
I bought the Vision Utility Pro last week (Sept. 6, 2014) for $7.73. Is this not the latest version?

Sorry that we do not know you are using Vision Utility Pro. We are working hard on the new version. Once it is released, we will post the updates here.

Foosy said:
Please someone explain to me:
Can you see this video above while flying, or AFTER the flight?
It would be phenomenal if I could fly with all this data...
After. There's a data logger being used during the flight (the subject of this thread). Then the Phantom video is post-processed using DashWare and the log file. Looks like there's some other things involved in this one like a screen capture and Google Earth.

There's got to be a way to get the iPhone to log longer than 5 minutes at a time...

ocatcr said:
npalen said:

Sorry that we do not know you are using Vision Utility Pro. We are working hard on the new version. Once it is released, we will post the updates here.

Will the Vision Utility Pro automatically update on my Android device when the new version is available?

npalen said:
ocatcr said:
npalen said:

Will the Vision Utility Pro automatically update on my Android device when the new version is available?

Updates have been coming from google play store. If you have the app set in the play store to automatically update when there is a update, then yes it will automatically update. I personally never allow any of my apps to auto-update. I want to see ahead of time what changes are taking place. Many times I have went without updating altogether on some apps due to various reasons. You can read the updated reviews on a app to see if there is a redflag of some kind prior to updating.

Also, someone (I think "mmn") showed some frustration about not being able to find instructions on how this app is to be used. 95% of the users of the app watch or post in this thread. The last update caused there to be some changes in the sequence used to use the app. The biggest change is that the logger has to be started and stopped in order to use it.

It's obvious everyone has their own methods to prioritizing. And since being a beta tester for this app I have gotten to see first hand how much time ocatcr puts into working on this app daily. And I will gladly take some new bells & whistles on this app, then to have pretty text instructions. Especially when we have this thread to ask those kind of questions.

I'm working on a issue now with dashware that I have been having for sometime concerning this app. Dashware support must be on vacation.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, flyNfrank. I can see lots of potential to this logging app and worth waiting for. I'm particularly interested in using it as a form of photogrammetry to survey crop fields. The next step might be a method of tying the gps coordinates to field position. Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part?

npalen said:

Vision Utility Android v1.5 is released.

What's New in This Version
1. Supports KML export
2. Speeds up the communication between phantom and vision utility

Please update it.

DBeard said:
There's got to be a way to get the iPhone to log longer than 5 minutes at a time...

For the iOS version, if your iOS device maintains strong wifi connection to Phantom and high battery level, you could ignore the 5 minutes alert and keep logging the flight info more than 5 minutes.

iOS v2.1 is released.

1. Remove all the unnecessary server system log function call
2. Fix the inaccurate speed output
3. Add battery level, IMU info(eg. roll, pitch, yaw rotation)

flyNfrank said:
npalen said:
ocatcr said:

Updates have been coming from google play store. If you have the app set in the play store to automatically update when there is a update, then yes it will automatically update. I personally never allow any of my apps to auto-update. I want to see ahead of time what changes are taking place. Many times I have went without updating altogether on some apps due to various reasons. You can read the updated reviews on a app to see if there is a redflag of some kind prior to updating.

Also, someone (I think "mmn") showed some frustration about not being able to find instructions on how this app is to be used. 95% of the users of the app watch or post in this thread. The last update caused there to be some changes in the sequence used to use the app. The biggest change is that the logger has to be started and stopped in order to use it.

It's obvious everyone has their own methods to prioritizing. And since being a beta tester for this app I have gotten to see first hand how much time ocatcr puts into working on this app daily. And I will gladly take some new bells & whistles on this app, then to have pretty text instructions. Especially when we have this thread to ask those kind of questions.

I'm working on a issue now with dashware that I have been having for sometime concerning this app. Dashware support must be on vacation.

For Android version, one of our customers suggests us to add a function "Export All" that exports all the .raw file to different data format (eg. kml, csv,...). so even you forget to turn off the logger, you are still able to recover the csv, kml file from the .raw file.

npalen said:
Thanks for the words of wisdom, flyNfrank. I can see lots of potential to this logging app and worth waiting for. I'm particularly interested in using it as a form of photogrammetry to survey crop fields. The next step might be a method of tying the gps coordinates to field position. Maybe this is wishful thinking on my part?

Thanks for your suggestion. We think you get the credit since you are the first who post this idea publicly. It is added to our WISHLIST.

I have a strange problem with the logging files stored on my ASUS MemoPad. The files are stored in a subdirectory that appears hidden when I connect to my computer. It's visible in the file manger on the tablet. I created a new subdirectory on the tablet and copied the files. Now I can see the files from my computer.

Next, I deleted the original subdirectory, and using the tablet's file manager, I created a new one with the same name. It's now visible to my computer. However, when new files are added by the logging utility, they are also hidden from my computer. The only way I can access them is to first copy them elsewhere on the tablet.

Is this a bug? Can it be fixed? It's very annoying to have to use the file manager to make copies before I can transfer them.

Thanks.
...Len

Have you tried rebooting the Asus before plugging into the computer?

Had a similar problem to what you described with another android app... but if i rebooted before plugging into the computer they would all be there.
(That was also an Asus with my problem... Asus Nexus 7 2012)

tsurt said:
I have a strange problem with the logging files stored on my ASUS MemoPad. The files are stored in a subdirectory that appears hidden when I connect to my computer. It's visible in the file manger on the tablet. I created a new subdirectory on the tablet and copied the files. Now I can see the files from my computer.

Next, I deleted the original subdirectory, and using the tablet's file manager, I created a new one with the same name. It's now visible to my computer. However, when new files are added by the logging utility, they are also hidden from my computer. The only way I can access them is to first copy them elsewhere on the tablet.

Is this a bug? Can it be fixed? It's very annoying to have to use the file manager to make copies before I can transfer them.

Thanks.
...Len

Some customers PM us that it was a known MTP Media Transfer Protocol bug on some of android device including nexus 7. If you have problem on MTP file listing, if possible, please use USB Mass storage mode instead. Any feedback is welcome.

DBS said:
I see we have another update this morning sir... you've been busy on this lately :mrgreen:

What's in the update today? Anything worth noting?

Vision+ Utility Pro Android v3.11 is released.

1. Added Export All Function

"Export All" exports all the .raw file to different data format (eg. kml, csv,...). Even you forget to turn off the logger, you are still able to recover the csv, kml file from the .raw file.

ocatcr said:
"Export All" exports all the .raw file to different data format (eg. kml, csv,...). Even you forget to turn off the logger, you are still able to recover the csv, kml file from the .raw file.

THANK YOU!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94