Video lag

Just posted this to another member and need it confirming.

Are you still having this problem? I was having the same issue and not getting anywhere with the forums or DJI themselves.
I seem to have had a result with mine just by playing with the settings in the app. I'm using and iPad 2 With Phantom 4.I went into general settings and turned off the "GEO System" and low and behold the video feed appears to be rock solid! No more glitiching out, green screen, black screen or lag!
I noticed that when I first turned the drone on, before it actually got a GPS fix the video feed was fine. As soon as GPS was located the feed turned bad.
According to the app the GEO System is there to warn if you are in a restricted area or not, my thinking is that if the drone is constantly looking where it is and reporting back then this is maybe producing the lag and glitch in the video feed, i.e. Data overload?
Just a guess but I know that turning the GEO System off cures my problem.
If you are still struggling could you give it a go.
I see a lot of posts regarding this problem with lots of speculation about certain device not being up to scratch etc or the firmware needs winding back, so it would be good if someone else could try this also.
Best Regards,
North.
Hi geo system gona have a look ,had issues recently 95%sorted ,i try might be 100% sorted:)

Hi geo system gona have a look ,had issues recently 95%sorted ,i try might be 100% sorted:)
Im useing version 4.04 remote on 1.8.0 looked in my settings can not see,,not under general settings,, any hints where it hidding ,,(geo system)

You sure this isn't the non existent thermal pad on the ARM chip issue ? Fixed mine right up. See if your can find the link

If you're seeing glitches on the screen, those pink and green bars, then you should try to turn your wifi off. When we were developing our app we spent months trying to debug the cause of them, assuming it was due to our encoder or some other software issue, and it turned out to be entirely due to wifi interference between the phone and the drone-controller connection. In general I haven't see the problem occur when the wifi is off.

Brian
www.skytubelive.com
www.instagram.com/skytubelive

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart