Video lag

Reaction score
What causes video lag (glitches) in video even at close range??? Ruins the entire video and happens one flight but not another.... video lag happens most of the time no matter how close or far away the bird is... I was on a top of a mountain today no interference that I know of and every video I took had lag or glitches?? Pretty normal very rare not to have during a flight such a video killer??

Lag, or latency is always present to some degree. It takes time for the signal to get to the remote, but that part is very small. Where the delay happens is in the processor of your monitor. Ipad, Phone, or other tablet. The way to minimize this is to make sure there are no other programs running in the background. Turn off all other programs and you will see s difference. Also clear cache.

Reactions: EyeSkyDrone
What causes video lag (glitches) in video even at close range??? Ruins the entire video and happens one flight but not another.... video lag happens most of the time no matter how close or far away the bird is... I was on a top of a mountain today no interference that I know of and every video I took had lag or glitches?? Pretty normal very rare not to have during a flight such a video killer??
Yeh sucs,,just trin ti resolve on me p4,,got a faster reading sd card to try,,usin samsung tabA ,,was beaut first flights ,,went downhill up update:(wet a moment no fyin,,i let u know if works

i also though lightbright is not sposed to lose signal due to bein usb to remote,,,might aswell b wifi:confused:

Are you talking about interference in the display or the actual recorded video? There is no interference in the recorded video to the SD card. This is where you get your good video from.

Are you talking about interference in the display or the actual recorded video? There is no interference in the recorded video to the SD card. This is where you get your good video from.
Yeh mine recored to sd card ,,bad on srceen and watchin back on vidio,,do u think something else is goin on

Lightbridge does not eliminate radio signals for video. It is an advanced radio communication of video between AC and RC, which in turn the RC communicates with monitor via USB. You'd need a really long, really light USB cable to do what you are suggesting. After all, the video originates from the AC.

Pink and green lines and screen pic freezers ,,gota restart app mid flight sometimes

The image recorded to the Micro SD card is instant. Producing the image on your display is where the lag happens. I have seen terrible breakup on monitor (With a Z3 camera) yet there was none on the SD card. Video breakup and Loss plus green blocks in the image yet the recorded video was clear as a bell.

Lightbridge does not eliminate radio signals for video. It is an advanced radio communication of video between AC and RC, which in turn the RC communicates with monitor via USB. You'd need a really long, really light USB cable to do what you are suggesting. After all, the video originates from the AC.
Any ideas im sure Kevinlee having close or same issue ,thanks,,:oops:

The image recorded to the Micro SD card is instant. Producing the image on your display is where the lag happens. I have seen terrible breakup on monitor (With a Z3 camera) yet there was none on the SD card. Video breakup and Loss plus green blocks in the image yet the recorded video was clear as a bell.
Went through me cam settings yesterday, got a clear picture but not tryed yet,,,raining,,, did buy a faster reading sd card,,but yet again not tested yet..

The video from the SD should never have glitches, pauses or missed frames. If you are seeing that from your SD recorded video it could be the SD card you're using. You can test that indoors if it's raining, just start the camera and leave the motors off. Walk around the house with the suspect SD card, then do the same with the new SD card. I recommend SanDisk Extreme (red and gold color SD card) that write at 60MB/sec and read at 90MB/sec. I've never had a problem with those.

The video from the SD should never have glitches, pauses or missed frames. If you are seeing that from your SD recorded video it could be the SD card you're using. You can test that indoors if it's raining, just start the camera and leave the motors off. Walk around the house with the suspect SD card, then do the same with the new SD card. I recommend SanDisk Extreme (red and gold color SD card) that write at 60MB/sec and read at 90MB/sec. I've never had a problem with those.
View attachment 78266
Yip bac i got this today i will try it now,,gezz note the price:eek:
1489304411378-1054507854.jpg

The video from the SD should never have glitches, pauses or missed frames. If you are seeing that from your SD recorded video it could be the SD card you're using. You can test that indoors if it's raining, just start the camera and leave the motors off. Walk around the house with the suspect SD card, then do the same with the new SD card. I recommend SanDisk Extreme (red and gold color SD card) that write at 6..0MB/sec and read at 90MB/sec. I've never had a problem with those.
Hey i can record without it breaking up:):):)good post ,,glad i got that card today,,was cheaper than a ipad,,,,,thanks heaps again:)

As @John Locke says, stick with reputable brands, I paid $35 for a 32g microSD card ($100 for a 64g in NZ ???) and have never had a problem. You can try filming in a lower resolution, ensure you when an inteference channel and lower your transmission bitrate to give you a better resolution on your device whilst flying. The quality in your SD card should be just fine regardless.

As @John Locke says, stick with reputable brands, I paid $35 for a 32g microSD card ($100 for a 64g in NZ ???) and have never had a problem. You can try filming in a lower resolution, ensure you when an inteference channel and lower your transmission bitrate to give you a better resolution on your device whilst flying. The quality in your SD card should be just fine regardless.
Iknow i got it from noel lemming store today,,things r pricey here if u buy from ebay etc,,,had the$$$ was there lookin at ipad,,,tryed sd card first,,glad it fix it,,yeh i change my res and went channel 20 ,,seems good now,,test flight tommorow:rolleyes:

Some sd cards they had were $$250+:eek:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers